User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up

I'm wanting to change my 03 headlights to the 06+ design headlights. I know it can be done I have seen it, but what do I need as far as bulbs, HID boxes, ballast or whatever they are called. I don't know anything about the newer headlights and how they work. I have found some 06-07 headlights on ebay that are in good shape. but they don't come with any of the wiring or bulbs or anything like that. Where can I get these things?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Nobody?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 10:05 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jinxxycat Send a message via Yahoo to jinxxycat
Dealership?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Oh yeah they would have them, but I would rather not. I guess I need to research a little more on what it takes to make them work for an older 350Z.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 11:16 PM
Grand Touring Member

i personally think it'd be cheaper to buy a used set of 06 lights rather than part one together

AAM ► Amsoil ► AEM ► APS ► Hawk ► Ingalls ► G2 ► Greddy ► Gauge Hut ► JL Audio ► JVD Graphics ► JWT ► Lamin-X ► Meguiar's ► Motordyne ► Motul ► Nismo ► NGK ► Pioneer ► Rota RotoPros ► SPC Stance Techna Fit ► TiTek ► UR Z1 Performance ► ZeetoyZ ► Z-Speed Z-Xtreme

Quote:
You know what Super Black owners call PPW???

Primer.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 07:49 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
i agree. if the ballasts are in place you can just get the right sized bulb and if you already have HID in your 2003, it should just plug right up. now if these lights on ebay do not have anything at all (bulbs, lenses, ballasts, etc) then i would skip them completely because to set them up correctly, you will end up spending close to what they cost new. i would find a better deal than tnose.

2013 370Z w/Sport Package, Midnight Blue
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 08:57 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
QUOTE (Steve350Z @ Aug 28 2008, 05:49 AM)
Quote:
i agree. if the ballasts are in place you can just get the right sized bulb and if you already have HID in your 2003, it should just plug right up. now if these lights on ebay do not have anything at all (bulbs, lenses, ballasts, etc) then i would skip them completely because to set them up correctly, you will end up spending close to what they cost new. i would find a better deal than tnose.
Ok, that was my next question. My headlights are HID so if I did get some 06 lights that have all the bulbs, ballasts etc. then its a plug and play deal?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 09:36 AM

QUOTE (Silver6speed350z @ Aug 26 2008, 07:45 PM)
Quote:
I'm wanting to change my 03 headlights to the 06+ design headlights. I know it can be done I have seen it, but what do I need as far as bulbs, HID boxes, ballast or whatever they are called. I don't know anything about the newer headlights and how they work. I have found some 06-07 headlights on ebay that are in good shape. but they don't come with any of the wiring or bulbs or anything like that. Where can I get these things?

Hello Matt. Ok here is the deal with your lights. Yes, you can upgrade to the 06's no problem. And it's even BETTER that you found a set of empty 06's. Here's why. Everything from your current HID lights will swap EXCEPT your D2R bulbs. These are not bi-xenon bulbs so you will need a set of D2S bulbs (which I sell) if you wish to have a high beam (I say this because technically you could make the D2R work, but it wouldn't function totally correct. Budget lighting more or less). The only other problem you'll face is that the blinker will now stay lit all the time unless you try to make it blink where then it will shut off and relight (blink backwards in other words). There is a quick fix for this though. Simply pull the bulb out of its socket and snap off the two inside wires on the bulb itself. Walla... 06 functioning headlights on your 03-05 HID Z. ... You're welcome

If you want to know anything about customising lights, check out my website. www.cincitydesigns.com

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 08:57 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
this man speaks truth. about time you showed up over here Nic.

2013 370Z w/Sport Package, Midnight Blue
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-20-2008, 07:07 PM

About how much does it cost to get the headlights customized with the colors, leds, etc? The blue and red/white ones are so hot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement