'05 tow hook threads (for license plate mounting) - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Base Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Digging on the internet led me to the knowledge that they're 22mm dia threads, but I didn't know the pitch. Last night I was able to measure it, and they are 22mmdia x 2.5mm pitch. So for the how-to, you need a 22mm 2.5mm pitch x 90mm long bolt for the bracket.

Got a fixit in Capitola for no plate, from one of the parking guys. They put it under the edge of the hood, so we didn't find it until it rained again... So I need to get it dealt with today, and was looking around for the right bolt last night at OSH and Home Depot. No such luck.

However, I did find that a 5/8" dia bolt will fit through the hole without much play, so I'm going to do that, and place a washer/nut on the backside of the mount. Need a fricking 6-7" long bolt, but it will definitely hold. A couple wraps of e-tap around the bolt to pad it and the threads in the socket for the tow hook will take up the slack, and protect the threads from ever contacting each other. Although the tension on the bolt should be enough to hold it in place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 02:53 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Yo

https://www.350z-tech.com/forums/inde...howtopic=14282

You wouldn't work for a recycling plant by any chance? j/k

-RZ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If you want me to treat your ideas with more respect, get some better ideas." -John Scalzi
Vi veri universum vivus vici

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-04-2006, 12:00 PM
Touring Member

Send a message via MSN to PaulO
Aloha,
Find a Komatsu Heavy equipment dealer. They have a 22mm bolt. It's only about 40mm long, so you could weld an extension on it to mount the license frame. Planning on doing this sometime "in the near future". As soon as I can find a way to cover the holes in the bumper.

A Hui Hou

PaulO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Lemans Sunset "Fairlady Z" Roadster, 18" wheels, LLumar Protect Film, Formula One 35% Ceramic Tint, Injen MR short Intake, Varis Intake Duct, Max Ground Kit (raffle win), DEI Hornet 700T Alarm System, Hardwired/mounted Passport 8500, Silver bulbs, smoked reflectors, Painted headlights with smoked strip. Gorilla Nuts lugnuts, JWT Oil Pan Spacer, Hawk HPS Pads, Stillen pillar vane XD and slotted rotors, PIPS

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-04-2006, 01:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to jetpilot718
Tell ya what guys, I just so happen to have 5 of these ready made, ready to ship kits lyin around my place. I have been secretly running some R&D and already sold one beta version to a forum member (Wendigo / Tyson). After patiently waiting for me to fix the 22mm vs 16mm glitch, he seems happy with it. I sold the ready-made kit to him for $45 shipped. Beats the heck out of STILLEN's version for $90 plus shipping!

PM me if interested ;)
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006, 01:05 PM
Touring Member

Send a message via MSN to PaulO
Aloha,
Sounds like a great deal Steve! Personally, I'm going to try to do it myself, love to DIY. Besides, got to make use of the "gadgets" in my garage. Post a few pics, I'm sure you'll get some responses. Maybe sell them through the dealership.

A Hui Hou

PaulO

2005 Lemans Sunset "Fairlady Z" Roadster, 18" wheels, LLumar Protect Film, Formula One 35% Ceramic Tint, Injen MR short Intake, Varis Intake Duct, Max Ground Kit (raffle win), DEI Hornet 700T Alarm System, Hardwired/mounted Passport 8500, Silver bulbs, smoked reflectors, Painted headlights with smoked strip. Gorilla Nuts lugnuts, JWT Oil Pan Spacer, Hawk HPS Pads, Stillen pillar vane XD and slotted rotors, PIPS
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006, 02:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to jetpilot718
Quote:
Aloha,
Sounds like a great deal Steve! Personally, I'm going to try to do it myself, love to DIY. Besides, got to make use of the "gadgets" in my garage. Post a few pics, I'm sure you'll get some responses. Maybe sell them through the dealership.

A Hui Hou

PaulO

Exactly what I'm thinking. I'd probably sell them to the dealerships for $45 and they'd turn around and sell them for $100 to the poor un-knowing z buyer lol
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006, 02:54 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Exactly what I'm thinking. I'd probably sell them to the dealerships for $45 and they'd turn around and sell them for $100 to the poor un-knowing z buyer lol
And of course comp'd to me for all my hard work and effort.

"If you want me to treat your ideas with more respect, get some better ideas." -John Scalzi
Vi veri universum vivus vici

Sponsored Links
Advertisement