Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

03 350z showed a knock sensor code and wont start

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  dkmura 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I tried looking for someone who has had a similar problem but couldn't find anything. If someone out there has had this issue or has some knowledge on it, you would be a lifesaver. It all started the other day when I was driving in the rain and my car lost traction for a second and the vdc kicked in and it misfired. it was having a hard time keeping up the rpms and I parked immediately then it stalled. It would not turn back on so I checked for a code with my obd and it was pulling up the knock sensor error code. So I replaced the knock sensor and the wireharness, reset the codes and it still wont start. it'll try to turn, but it wont. I am assuming this is not the knock sensor and it is something else. Anything information will help! Thank you!

Info on my 2003 350z:
60k miles
completely stock except for coilovers.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the car was having a hard time turning on than usual for two days before this incident. It would take a second longer to start.

#3 ·
Update: I sprayed some starter fluid into the throttle body to see if it would turn on. It did turn on, which led me to think that its probably my fuel pump. I check the fuel lines and they were pretty dry. Since I cant check the fuel pressure with making a modification to the fuel line (Thanks Nissan), I am just hoping its the fuel pump or filter. I also thought that it couldve been my cam sensors and was hoping that it was, cheaper fix and didnt have to open the tank to fill me car up with the smell of gasoline. :/ hopefully this fixes it cuz i am ready to just yeet it.

#4 ·
Sorry to hijack the thread! dkmura, I work for Nissan/NISMO's ad agency. We are looking for a photo of a Pulsar/200SX to use in the new NISMO catalog. Through the miracle of Google I found your SCCA photo on this forum! Can you PM me and let me know if you have anything? Since I just joined forum, I can't send PMs yet. Thanks, Scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.