"What did you do to your Z today?" - Page 3 - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 454 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 05:45 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
QUOTE (Pumpkinhead @ May 31 2009, 01:24 PM)
Quote:
How did the paddle shifters hold up to all that "spirited" driving?
actually, they worked pretty good. though what really sucks is when you get stuck behind a couple of cruiser bikes that obviously were being dicks and going slow.

2013 370Z w/Sport Package, Midnight Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 454 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Grand Touring Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jinxxycat Send a message via Yahoo to jinxxycat
I ran into Andi and her BF and he put the paddle shifters on his ZR as well.........he loves them, and I'm really really considering them as well....... Doug will since I have some "self body mods" going on in teh belleh right now LOL!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #23 of 454 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 12:14 PM
Performance Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Steve350z, how was the "swine flu" down in the smokies? I'm taking the Z and possibly have someone trailer a bike down for a week mid month, and heard the cops are terrible right now, any truth to that? Just on the dragon, or the entire smokies? I plan on just hitting the dragon once, maybe twice the entire week, then rolling south to georgia for some beautiful twisties.

Oh btw, to stay on thread topic, I'm not driving my Z today, instead, I'm gonna run off what's left on a bike so I can have new tread for my tennessee trip in a couple weeks

post #24 of 454 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 12:15 PM

QUOTE (jinxxycat @ Jun 1 2009, 08:17 AM)
Quote:
I ran into Andi and her BF and he put the paddle shifters on his ZR as well.........he loves them, and I'm really really considering them as well....... Doug will since I have some "self body mods" going on in teh belleh right now LOL!
You pregnant?

'03 HRE 350Z TT Sold
'12 Forgeline G37S Daily
post #25 of 454 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 12:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
QUOTE (F4i Caveman @ Jun 1 2009, 09:14 AM)
Quote:
Steve350z, how was the "swine flu" down in the smokies? I'm taking the Z and possibly have someone trailer a bike down for a week mid month, and heard the cops are terrible right now, any truth to that? Just on the dragon, or the entire smokies? I plan on just hitting the dragon once, maybe twice the entire week, then rolling south to georgia for some beautiful twisties.

Oh btw, to stay on thread topic, I'm not driving my Z today, instead, I'm gonna run off what's left on a bike so I can have new tread for my tennessee trip in a couple weeks
other said there was cops, i never saw one.

oh, i also did my post-zdayz bug removal today

2013 370Z w/Sport Package, Midnight Blue
post #26 of 454 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Enthusiast Member

I ran over some schools kids.

You can't win. Because...
Your good...But I'm Better.
post #27 of 454 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 05:03 PM
Grand Touring Member

QUOTE (Steve350Z @ Jun 1 2009, 12:45 AM)
Quote:
actually, they worked pretty good. though what really sucks is when you get stuck behind a couple of cruiser bikes that obviously were being dicks and going slow.

QUOTE (jinxxycat @ Jun 1 2009, 06:17 AM)
Quote:
I really want to get a set as well, but I think I would go for a Valve Body upgrade as well if I took the plunge. Of course then that starts a very slippery slope. Like a transmission cooler, and..........

"I have become-comfortably numb"

Motordyne~RacingBrake~Hawk~Redline~Momo~Rockford Fosgate~Infiniti~Alpine~Michelin~K&N~S2000 Stubby
post #28 of 454 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 12:02 PM
Enthusiast Member

This morning I did a little maintenance on the fuel filler door. Ever couple of years mine gets cranky and requires a couple of pushes of the release button before it pops open. I know there is a slightly stronger hinge spring and set of rubber bumpers available to remedy this, but I can’t be bothered to drive back and forth to the dealership to order/pickup parts. My homebrew cure is to place a dab of super-slippery silicon grease on the area of the hinge arm where the leaf style spring slides against in order to propel it open. I also adjusted the hinge and bumpers to get the door in perfect alignment with the rear body panel. Working on the fuel door reminded me that the tank is empty and the car has been running on fumes for the last few days, so I made a note to stop for gas first thing. Since today is already becoming a hot sunny day, I put the top down while still in the garage. One thing about driving a Z roadster with its top down, it puts you on display, so I always feel that I must gussy up on those days. I changed out of my ‘doing car maintenance’ tee and shorts for more girly-girl duds, and headed out.

At the gas station, an older gent in a new 911 Carrera 4 S Cabriolet complemented me on the clean and shinny condition of my car. Besides the Z, the 911 all-wheel drive S in a convertible model is my all time dream car, so I had a million questions about it. He offered to take me for a spin and buy coffee. As an added inducement, he presented the possibility of me getting a chance to drive it a bit. Getting to drive a new sports car is always a deal clincher for me, so the Z was relegated to a parking area and off we went. He drove through traffic for a few miles to a two-lane coastal road and turned the wheel over to me. The 911 is the perfect blend of a lush sophistication, a visceral mechanical feel to the controls and the huge dose of exhaust and engine wail one expects in a proper sports car.

We had coffee on the terrace of a little yacht club and it turns out my gent is newly retired from an industry I’m interested in.

So, all in all a great morning, my fuel door now obeys my order to pop open smartly, I did a little networking, and got to experience a super car.

post #29 of 454 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 12:33 PM
Performance Member

Daaaang playa

Gonna need to see some pics of said porsche, thanks

post #30 of 454 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
QUOTE (jinxxycat @ Jun 1 2009, 08:17 AM)
Quote:
I say doooo eeeeeettt!!!!! He's got plenty of toys for himself lately, so now you can do it.

QUOTE (Robert_K @ Jun 1 2009, 09:15 AM)
Quote:
You pregnant?
I swear it wasn't me.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement