Road Trip with my new Z, now with trip summary - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2008, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Base Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Talking

Well, I am taking my first road trip in my new Z. I will be driving from Wichita, Kansas to Destin, Florida; 1107 miles each way. I currently have just over 500 miles on the Z, so when i get back to Wichita I will have just under 3000 miles. I think the "break in" period will be over after the trip. I am also going to try and take some pics of my baby by the beach (if i can find a good photo op).

Wish me luck and no a no ticket trip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2008, 08:48 PM
Base Member

QUOTE (Targ @ Jun 19 2008, 02:34 PM)
Quote:
Well, I am taking my first road trip in my new Z. I will be driving from Wichita, Kansas to Destin, Florida; 1107 miles each way. I currently have just over 500 miles on the Z, so when i get back to Wichita I will have just under 3000 miles. I think the "break in" period will be over after the trip. I am also going to try and take some pics of my baby by the beach (if i can find a good photo op).

Wish me luck and no a no ticket trip.
Maybe a bumper bra might be a good idea since you're gonna be doign so much freeway driving. Just throwing it out there...gotta protect the Z from rocks!!
Old 06-19-2008, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Base Member

(Thread Starter)
good idea ... but im leaving to morrow morning, so, it might not be an option

Old 06-19-2008, 09:14 PM
Base Member

you'll love your Z even more after the trip! Have a good time and be safe

2003 Chrome silver/No Turbo, no SC *sigh*/ Injen SES Exhaust, JWT pop charger, JWT flywheel/clutch combo, Kinetix Plenum, DC Headers, Unorthodox pulleys, Tein springs, 19" GT-7 Black Chrome Volks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
Base Member

(Thread Starter)
Sometimes I hate living in the Midwest. I went to Autozone, Advanced Auto, and O'rilly Auto Parts looking for a bra before they closed. At everyone, I was told "Bras and car covers are on isle #." So I stroll down the isle and not to my surprise I see bras and covers for mustangs, camaros, corvettes, chargers, F150's, Chevy Trucks, and every other American made muscle car or truck. However, I did not see a single bra or cover for a 350z, or ANY import for that matter. No stuff for nissans, hondas, Mitsubishis, ect... Good god people, some times i get so sick of this midwest mentality. I sorry, but I have owned a Ford, a Dodge, and a Chevy ... and they were all pieces of shit.

Sorry for the rant ... just kinda pissed.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:38 PM
Base Member

painters tape. don't be skurred haha

Seriously though, a lot of people use this on long road trips.

2003 Chrome silver/No Turbo, no SC *sigh*/ Injen SES Exhaust, JWT pop charger, JWT flywheel/clutch combo, Kinetix Plenum, DC Headers, Unorthodox pulleys, Tein springs, 19" GT-7 Black Chrome Volks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:50 AM
Grand Touring Member

love the tape!
Old 06-20-2008, 09:18 AM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to studybuddy Send a message via MSN to studybuddy
Awesome man, I just went to Destin for my birthday and it was a blast. If you get a chance go to McGuires Pub and get the hickory smoked prime rib...best steak I have ever had and I love some beef.

Not really any good photo places that I saw, but we we were in my DD. Hopefully you are staying in a hotel that has their own beaches, the public ones can get pretty busy and it's tough to find a place to park a Z. There are plenty of car washes down there too. Post some pics when you get back.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:34 AM
Touring Member

QUOTE (Nikolie @ Jun 19 2008, 06:38 PM)
Quote:

Yes....I highly recommend a bra or painters tape.
You'll regret it if you don't go with those option.
But, it's your car....do what you want and enjoy the trip.

'07 MB | INGS LX | Volk | Bilstein | Greddy | Injen | Stillen | Kinetix | SPC and more...
Old 06-20-2008, 02:39 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jinxxycat Send a message via Yahoo to jinxxycat
QUOTE (Nikolie @ Jun 19 2008, 10:38 PM)
Quote:

I'm guilty

Sponsored Links
Advertisement