LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 271 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 09:33 PM
Grand Touring Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
QUOTE (Groover @ Apr 24 2008, 04:14 PM)
Quote:
None of you (in the USA) should be complaining about the price of fuel. You have probably the cheapest fuel in the western world.

To put it in perspective. You guys are paying about $1.08 AUD per litre (assuming $3.85 per US Gallon & 1 US Gallon = 3.78 Litres & $1.00AUD = $0.95USD).

In Australia we pay $1.50+ per litre which would roughly be the same as you paying $5.38 US per gallon ((1.5 x 3.78) x 0.95).

It is even more expensive in the UK! ... about the equivalent of $9 USD per US Gallon.
well you can't compare since the lifestyle is completely different..ie..different minimum wage, population, different currency..not as if this makes a huge difference but still...either way i couldn't imagine paying that much for gas

QUOTE (DogZilla @ Apr 24 2008, 04:25 PM)
Quote:
We have a lot more nukes than you do........so let us whine a bit more.

AAM ► Amsoil ► AEM ► APS ► Hawk ► Ingalls ► G2 ► Greddy ► Gauge Hut ► JL Audio ► JVD Graphics ► JWT ► Lamin-X ► Meguiar's ► Motordyne ► Motul ► Nismo ► NGK ► Pioneer ► Rota RotoPros ► SPC Stance Techna Fit ► TiTek ► UR Z1 Performance ► ZeetoyZ ► Z-Speed Z-Xtreme

Quote:
You know what Super Black owners call PPW???

Primer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 271 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I believe my gas was about $3.05 when I filled her up...... last November.

Now? It's about 3.59 at Shell.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #23 of 271 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 10:26 PM
Base Member

Send a message via AIM to captaind77
I paid $3.69 for 93 octane today. Diesel's $4.10.

2004 Silverstone Touring 6-spd

-JWT Popcharger, Tanabe Medalion Touring exhaust, S2000 antenna

-Pure plenum spacer, Hotchkis springs, and Hawk pads are ordered.
post #24 of 271 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 10:41 PM
Performance Member

QUOTE (buzzardmountain @ Apr 24 2008, 03:28 PM)
Quote:
Where are you Chef?
west suburbs of chicago
post #25 of 271 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 11:00 PM
Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to SlickRick2869
QUOTE (SmoothZ @ Apr 24 2008, 07:18 PM)
Quote:
I believe my gas was about $3.05 when I filled her up...... last November.

Now? It's about 3.59 at Shell.
Until you posted I actually thought the NJ had everyone beat... We're right there with you... I paid 3.59 for 93 octane at WaWa last night

2003 SuperBlack Touring "Akira"

Nismo CAI || S2K Antenna || DIY Catch Can || Grounding Wires || PURE Spacer
post #26 of 271 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 11:38 PM
Enthusiast Member

I have no idea, I'm afraid of going to the gas station. I'm trying evade the reality

Seriously, those prices are ridiculous
post #27 of 271 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 11:43 PM
Grand Touring Member

QUOTE (Korda @ Apr 24 2008, 08:38 PM)
Quote:
I have no idea, I'm afraid of going to the gas station. I'm trying evade the reality

Seriously, those prices are ridiculous
yea i gotta fill up the next day or two but i may do it tonight cause it seems it goes up every night

AAM ► Amsoil ► AEM ► APS ► Hawk ► Ingalls ► G2 ► Greddy ► Gauge Hut ► JL Audio ► JVD Graphics ► JWT ► Lamin-X ► Meguiar's ► Motordyne ► Motul ► Nismo ► NGK ► Pioneer ► Rota RotoPros ► SPC Stance Techna Fit ► TiTek ► UR Z1 Performance ► ZeetoyZ ► Z-Speed Z-Xtreme

Quote:
You know what Super Black owners call PPW???

Primer.
post #28 of 271 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 11:43 PM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to Sisko99 Send a message via Yahoo to Sisko99
I filled up the other day at $3.76/gallon for 93 Octane at the Cashions down the street. I used to buy BP gas only....but it's the most expensive gas here in NC for the most part.

I know this isn't in the politics area....but you can thank your friendly neighborhood Enviro-Wacko for these prices. The last oil refinery built in this country was back in 1976. We've so far out stripped out refining capacity that most of the gasoline we buy is refined in other countries. And the sad thing is that the new technologies available to refine gas are so much more efficient...yet we can't implement then because we can't shut the ones we've got down for long enough to do it without creating major problems. One great idea that I've seen is this: Remember all those military bases that Bill Clinton shut down? Well...I bet you didn't know that that land is just sitting there unused because the EPA won't allow anyone to use it because of the environmental "damage" done to it. Well....what if we used that already damaged land to put new oil refineries on? It's already screwed up and can't use it for anything else (like residential housing...or a new shopping mall (like we need yet another one of those)). But alas....I doubt that will happen.

And then there's always the section of ANWR that was specifically set aside for Oil Exploration.....the ugly part that nothing grows or lives in.....that we can't use as it was intended because it's upsetting the Environmentalists.

Though the folks I REALLY wish would get their arses in gear are down in Florida. On the Gulf Coast of Florida...there are massive oil deposits. Only problem is that the government of Florida won't allow drilling platforms to be placed 25 miles off shore because some tourist might see one. Yeah...if they get on a boat and go looking for one.

And then there's the process for turning Oil Shale into actual oil for use....but no...we can't do that either.

And then there's the BS about different grades of gasoline. Why does the West Coast need 91 octane when everyone else uses 93? Do you even know anyone that uses 89 octane? Just imagine if we eliminated 91 and 89 octane and produced only 93 and 87. We're wasting resources (both crude oil and refinery capacity) on stupidity.

Don't even get me started on Nuclear Energy blockages and then that bloody moron Teddy Kennedy and his "You can't build an off-shore windmill farm because I might see if from my sail boat as I go sailing past" BS.

And how about putting that research money into a power source technology that will actually work rather than into BS Ethanol (which, BTW...you have to burn MORE of to get the same power output as gasoline). That technology is Hydrogen Fuel Cells. There are already self-contained Electrolysis Stations that can be set up by a water source...and use solar power to create the energy they need to generate Hydrogen to be used as fuel. That hydrogen is then converted to electricity by what's called Proton Exchange Membrane...and comes out the other side as water again when it bonds with the oxygen in the air. They're already building PEM Cell Stacks that can power city buses. That's a couple hundred kilowatts. Now...imagine if a concerted effort was made to support these technologies. Maybe we wouldn't need oil at all for transportation in a relatively short time. ---But guess what that means for us, the Z driver? Less Demand causes prices to go down...which means we can go have more fun.

There are things we can do to both reduce our need for foreign oil and bring the prices down...but we've got [email protected]#$%^ idiots standing in the way!

<div align='right'>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004.5 Daytona Blue Enthusiast 5AT - #99/#34/#314 - "Sara" - 114,000 miles
Borla | JWT | Kumho/Nitto | Hawk/CarboTech | Alpine | Hotchkis | Brembo | GReddy | Z1 | Carbing | Koni | MB Motoring | Nismo | Samco

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #29 of 271 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 11:56 PM
Enthusiast Member

Send a message via MSN to doctor z Send a message via Yahoo to doctor z
We pay more per gallon in Ca. for shittier gas (91 octane). How does that happen?

As a man thinketh, so is he.
post #30 of 271 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 09:31 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
QUOTE (Richard 350z @ Apr 24 2008, 06:28 PM)
Quote:
I paid $3.999/gal. for 91 octane (California pisswater) premium this morning at a Valero station, which are generally cheaper than Shell stations. I am seeing about $4.10 gal. for premium at a lot of stations in L.A. now. V-Power at Shell is 91 octane here too.

When I was a kid in the (early to mid) &#39;60s, gas was 39 cents a gallon, unless they had a "Gas War" and then it dropped to 29 cents.

off topic, but where did you find that picture of "sweet meat" (your avatar?)

2013 370Z w/Sport Package, Midnight Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement