User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Angry @#%&! (windshield)

So about 3-4 months ago I'm tooling down my favorite driving road when a rock leaps up and chips my windshield. Crap. It wasn't a big chip, but of course it produced a crack that spread and spread.

So a couple of days ago I finally get around to having it replaced. Yesterday, being a nice sunny day, I decided to take my beauty into work. Mind you this is the very first voyage after having the windshield replaced. I make my way through the neighborhood, across town, and onto the on ramp of the highway. I'm not on the highway 5 seconds when... TAKK!!! Some unknown object leaps up off the road and smashes my brand spanking new windshield! It left a thumb sized hole, surrounded by a melon sized starring, with cracks spreading from top to bottom. All on the driver's side. Picture a bullet hole... that's what I'm trying to describe here.

I'm so pissed.

Ronin Z

PS - If you ever wondered how much wind your windshield is shielding you from... try driving at highway speed with a hole in yours... you'll find out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If you want me to treat your ideas with more respect, get some better ideas." -John Scalzi
Vi veri universum vivus vici

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Oh, no. That would definitely make my blood boil to the point of Falling Down.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Murphy's law :(

I guess windscreen cover wont apply to the second one either :(

2003 LeMans Sunset Touring Coupe
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator

Unfortunately, there's a lot of people who don't give a crap about their cars which means we're surrounded by rusting cars held together by duct tape and chicken wire. We also have dumbasses who haul trash or unsecured stuff. It tends to become a nuisance for people like us who actually care about our cars.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothZ View Post
Unfortunately, there's a lot of people who don't give a crap about their cars which means we're surrounded by rusting cars held together by duct tape and chicken wire. We also have dumbasses who haul trash or unsecured stuff. It tends to become a nuisance for people like us who actually care about our cars.
Tell me about it. Being in sunny California, we don't have the rusted out hulks like they have in your neck of the woods. But what we do have is people who insist on operating salvage hauling businesses with their pickup trucks. I mean not a week goes by that traffic comes to a grinding halt for no apparent reason... then you see the reason. A couple of dumbasses reclaiming their Whirlpool washing machine from the #2 lane. Or a mattress (my personal favorite).

And thanks to all of these gap-toothed trash hauling morons, the shoulder of Bay Area highways has become a tire shredding mine field. So if God forbid you have to pull over for whatever reason... there's a strong chance you're going to end up having to change a tire as well.

I figure the state should just make the insult complete and add this sticker to the cover of all the emergency call boxes...

-Ronin Z
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	You-Mad-Bro.jpg
Views:	269725
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	45748  

"If you want me to treat your ideas with more respect, get some better ideas." -John Scalzi
Vi veri universum vivus vici

Last edited by Ronin Z; 02-03-2011 at 09:57 PM.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

We get those salvage junker trucks, too. Construction sites also target nice cars.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 11:16 AM
Enthusiast Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lmao U MAD BRO? F'kin BBing haunt's me errday.

Seriously tho sorry to hear about the misfortune. Maybe some duct tape will do the trick to fill the hole. Then you won't get hit with flying shit on the road because you will be in active camo mode.

You can't win. Because...
Your good...But I'm Better.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 12:15 PM
Grand Touring Member

That sucks. Reminds me of one of the ZROC guys (Corbett) who had a deer run into his car in the late fall. Got the bodywork done and then drove it immediately to GF's place for winter storage. First drive in the spring, heading home at night, hits a damn raccoon or something and shatters the splitter/lip. As said, Murphy's Law.

Hotchkis Z1 Motorsports JWT Hawk SSR Crawford
ZeeToyz Valentine Sumitomo Royal Purple Zaino

I like my 350 but I love my 300ZX TT more.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
That sucks RZ. Sorry to hear that. More importantly, you didn't get stabbed in the face by said object.

I dodged a ~6" metal rod (1/2" diameter or so) that came off the a truck and was bouncing toward the bumper/rad at 70. That really tested the handling limits of the car. Needless to say, I don't follow trucks of any kind.

'03 Enthusiast-UpRev-Nismo-VOLK-Stillen-Motordyne-INGS+1-Lightwerkz-Brembo-StopTech-Injen-K&N
275WHP/245WTQ
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 03:10 PM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to jinxxycat Send a message via Yahoo to jinxxycat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Z View Post
Tell me about it. Being in sunny California, we don't have the rusted out hulks like they have in your neck of the woods. But what we do have is people who insist on operating salvage hauling businesses with their pickup trucks. I mean not a week goes by that traffic comes to a grinding halt for no apparent reason... then you see the reason. A couple of dumbasses reclaiming their Whirlpool washing machine from the #2 lane. Or a mattress (my personal favorite).

And thanks to all of these gap-toothed trash hauling morons, the shoulder of Bay Area highways has become a tire shredding mine field. So if God forbid you have to pull over for whatever reason... there's a strong chance you're going to end up having to change a tire as well.

I figure the state should just make the insult complete and add this sticker to the cover of all the emergency call boxes...

-Ronin Z

Hold on.....sea air (salt) does the same thing Although not to the point that raw salt on the road 6 months out of the year does.... Oh, and those 'illegal' types driving those 'hoopties' from Mexico....albeit moreso in the SoCal region....when I lived in LA I saw MORE than my share of rusted out hulks on the roads lol

Sorry to hear you have a second glass casualty, that sucks. Hope you can get it fixed (again) soon...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement