User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
Performance Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I wish my crash was due to a monkey, cuz it never would have happened. Would have been a dead monkey.....I'll swerve for a larger animal but not a small one.lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Performance Member

(Thread Starter)
I wasn't going to say anything or post anything about the shop that did the work, but the more I think about it, I'm looking out for the better of other peoples lives.

This thread was started on My350z by Mike, a guy I met in the Houston Z club. Check out the shops you have do work such as suspension. It's one thing to have a leak from your head cuz stuff wasn't tightened properly, another to almost kill someone. Just glad my buddy wasn't in the car still. I had dropped him off 10min prior to the crash.

Houston Attention houston, please read this, very important!!! - MY350Z.COM Forums
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
That's a good idea on that thread. Maybe we should start one here in the Good Guys/Bad Guys section.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Performance Member

(Thread Starter)
Smooth. I agree it's a good idea. I don't want to see anyone go through what I did or worse.

I went to make one but do not have the rights to do so. So feel free to do it on my behalf.
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 04:28 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol_V8 View Post
I wish my crash was due to a monkey, cuz it never would have happened. Would have been a dead monkey.....I'll swerve for a larger animal but not a small one.lol
IMO Your crash was caused by a monkey. Irony is; He'll probably still live. It appears it wasn't tightened at all, but interesting is the amount of thread engagement.....or lack of it. Thats a very dangerous piece of workmanship and mechanicing isn't the most difficult task. Product looks fine.

View the Project

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Performance Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by qikz View Post
IMO Your crash was caused by a monkey. Irony is; He'll probably still live. It appears it wasn't tightened at all, but interesting is the amount of thread engagement.....or lack of it. Thats a very dangerous piece of workmanship and mechanicing isn't the most difficult task. Product looks fine.

I don't know if I would go as far as to call the guy a monkey. But there really is no excuse for my car to leave the shop with a loose camber arm. Imo suspension work should require 2 people. One to do the work and another to inspect it afterwards to ensure everything was tight.

I'm just happy to be alive, able to walk, and still have a working penis....lol.
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 01:17 PM
Enthusiast Member

Send a message via AIM to 92K1500 Send a message via MSN to 92K1500 Send a message via Yahoo to 92K1500
Wow that sucks bro.

But this is the second time I've seen a 350z roll and the driver come out with only minor scrapes and bruises. Makes me feel a lot better.

Sue the crap out of the shop that put your arms on, and is there any way you can get the headlights off the car?
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 01:27 PM

Wow crazy wreak man, glad to hear you walked away from it relatively unharmed. Definitely looks like the threads didn't strip or anything so I think your right in assuming the part wasn't tightened properly/at all.

So whats the plans with the situation now? Is the car a total loss? Doing anything about the workmanship from the shop?
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 12:36 AM Thread Starter
Performance Member

(Thread Starter)
Car is totaled.....Headlights are still on the car. Power of Attorney was sent to the insurance company. Car is no longer mine. The shop has pretty much washed it's hands of it and left it at "I tightened everything" Gave him the address where the car was and what time I would be there cuz he said he wanted to come inspect the arm himself but he never came.
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 12:41 AM
Base Member

Z saved your freaking life man. You owe it a beer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement