Z . . . wrecked . . . OMG - Page 3 - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 08:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I honestly would not recommend rebuilding your car. You have received damage to the A-pillars and roofline. Not to mention the rear driver's side quarter panel. These parts will have to be cut from a donor car (or bought new from Nissan) and welded and bonded onto your chassis. This is expensive.

I know you have strong sentimental attachment to your car, and I don't blame you, you put a lot of work into it. Regardless, you are better off in the long run starting with a new Z. Because even if you do rebuild this car it will now be under a "salvage" title with a "major collision damage" mark on your CarFax report, making future resale value near worthless.

Before going any further, you need to get a vehicle buy back price from your insurance company and decide what will be the most economical route for you to pursue.

As an FYI to those of you who have heavily (and expensively) modified Zs you may want to ask your insurance agent about carrying additional coverage. By default insurance policies will only reimburse you a "fair market value" for your car. Which assumes a bone stock, zero mod car. It is possible to switch to a policy where you insure your car for a fixed dollar amount. This type of policy is generally more expensive, but can pay off if you ever have to use it.

Once again, sorry about the ride man

Regards,
Ronin Z

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If you want me to treat your ideas with more respect, get some better ideas." -John Scalzi
Vi veri universum vivus vici

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thanks Ronin . . . . .
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 10:36 AM

Yes listen to Ronin. People tend not to realise how important the roof structure is to a car. This is why a pop-top is never as stiff as the same car in hardtop fashison. Heck even a sunroof model car usually is less stiff (nevermind buttload heavier in the wrong place).

Also on a savlaged title car, how does insurance value the car then? Would you not have to be forced to a fixed value insurance which would make insurancing the "salvaged" car more expensive on a car that has no resale value. That really sounds like it can become a BIG money sink quickly.

post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 11:52 AM

imo, buy the car back and take whatever parts you want to keep and sell. At that point, your only real choice is to either sell all the parts you just took off the car and say goodbye to Z.. Or buy another Z and transplant parts.

I recommend against a motorcycle or a DSM go fast car.

Best of luck.. Whatever you do; don't fix this thing. Cause it's dead. :(

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
___TUNING CONCEPT, JAPAN PREMIER

post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 11:01 PM

I agree with Ronin, seem like pretty extensive damage, and it was upside down,,,breaks my heart!
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-23-2006, 01:27 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
If you're talking about an EVO or STi, then HELL NO. I've even considered a used C6. Again, no. This Z is something really special to me at least . . . . and I could care less what others think.

Pictures added in original post.
Rock on, Z brother! Rock on!

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-23-2006, 01:30 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I think I'm gonna look at getting another Z and transplanting parts.

Thanks everyone, now I'm off to looking at other Z's.

>__<

Thanks everyone, my car will make a comeback and I will always remain a part of the Z community.
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-23-2006, 03:18 AM

sorri to hear about the Z man, glad you r ok. Move on, dont let it bother you.
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-23-2006, 03:43 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
sorri to hear about the Z man, glad you r ok. Move on, dont let it bother you.
Yeah good call. I&#39;m just glad I still have my Twin Turbo engine sitting around ready to be dropped.
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-26-2006, 08:07 AM

yo gunmetalz ,
what part of washington you from. I just left that state.. and what are you doing in Oregon in winter time? I&#39;m asking cuz i&#39;m from oregon and and stationed in ft. lewis washington...
What about looking into a track model and souping that up? that&#39;s would be tightttttttttttttt...aight mang peaceeee...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement