Totaled or not? - Page 2 - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 05:02 AM
Performance Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
totaled(salvaged) is when the price to fix your car exceeds the value of the car before the accident

Visit our website for your aftermarket car parts

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to toykilla Send a message via Yahoo to toykilla
Totaling the car is the insurance company's call. i believe jinxxycat had somewhere around 18k in damage and they chose to repair it rather than replace it.

From the looks of it, I cant see any alignment issues coming from this. It appears to be mostly body damage plus the radiator.

The cooler in front of the radiator is for power steering fluid, not engine oil .

AIM: jbass350z

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 12:45 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jinxxycat Send a message via Yahoo to jinxxycat
Quote:
whoa. glad you're ok. what happened?
someone didn't read the posts

Quote:
Totaling the car is the insurance company's call. i believe jinxxycat had somewhere around 18k in damage and they chose to repair it rather than replace it.
Depends upon the percentage of damage on the car. The initial estimate was $18K to repair. They said it would have to be $24K or $28K in damages to total the car (I belive 80% of the cost of the car in damages to total it in PA) But, after they started fixing her, they ended up w/ another $18K in unforseen damages that they charged to the ins co after the fact. Total was $36K in damages, and I have had not ONE problem as a result of the accident since then. She's just fine.

Dude let the insurance company handle it. If they feel it's not repairable then you get a new Z Good luck....

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 01:18 PM
Grand Touring Member

Being that the car is only 3 months old, I would not settle for them fixing it, I would demand a brand new replacement. There is no way they can fix it to perfection, and at 3 months old, that is (was ) it's current condition. If they won't total it and give you every penny of the purchase price, including all taxes, fees, etc. , I would get a lawyer. Sorry for your bad luck

Hotchkis Z1 Motorsports JWT Hawk SSR Crawford
ZeeToyz Valentine Sumitomo Royal Purple Zaino

I like my 350 but I love my 300ZX TT more.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 01:21 PM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to i8acobra
Quote:
someone didn't read the posts
Look at the post times. He posted the question at the same time as the explanation was being posted.

My question is why did the passenger's airbag go off, but not the driver's?

Aaron B.
'08 Mustang GT/CS
'87 Nissan Hardbody - The "Mud Mobile" (454,000 miles and still counting)

post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 01:25 PM
Grand Touring Member

uh actually it was a min after thanks tho

post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Look at the post times. He posted the question at the same time as the explanation was being posted.
My question is why did the passenger's airbag go off, but not the driver's?
Airbags are funny like that. Most of the damage was on the passenger side. Maybe the sensors on the driver's side aren't that sensitive. Who knows?

Quote:
DJ is a slow typer....

In any case, I bet the damage cost will be at least $10k, so the company might pay to fix it. With technology these days, I'm sure they can make it almost new again.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 01:52 PM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to i8acobra
Quote:
I'm sure it took more than a minute to click "reply", type the question, the click "add reply".

Quote:
Airbags are funny like that. Most of the damage was on the passenger side. Maybe the sensors on the driver's side aren't that sensitive. Who knows?
Usually, the sensors all go back to a main control box that determines which airbags to set off. Usually, the box fires both of the fronts, one of the sides, or the fronts and sides together. I've seen just the driver's bag go off (when the "passenger's bag disabled" light is on), but I've never seen just the passenger's bag go off. Strange.

Aaron B.
'08 Mustang GT/CS
'87 Nissan Hardbody - The "Mud Mobile" (454,000 miles and still counting)

post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 01:57 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quote:

DJ is slow....
fixed

HAHA DJ!

post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 02:28 PM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to studybuddy Send a message via MSN to studybuddy
That's so awful to see. I hate that you just got it too. I'm with PerfZ that you should demand a new one in the same condition yours was in, you shouldn't have to deal with a brand new car with that many repairs. I hope your luck gets better.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement