Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 05:45 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Hey guys Just thought i would share this. On my way from Hilton Head Island south carolina to north carolina today via I95 another PPW 350z pulls up behind me(my 04 is PPW) so were playing around acctually topped her out at 130mph or so Having a blast. Then it starts to pour rain. So I slow down to 55mph or so and bam i see 3 inches of standing water about 15 feet in length... I hydroplane do 360 turn then a 180 and go backwards into the bushes and am wedged between 2 huge trees beating up my passenger side badly and taking out a couple of small trees. well i'm like shi* this sux get out to see how bad it is and no more than 70 ft up the road is the other PPW 350z I was playing with 10 min or so before. The other Z had slide passenger side down on the ground and was leaning on a tree. So I move some bushes outa the way and he hops right out. We were both only a little bruised but fine. I got pix with my cell phone but there lo quality and i dont know how to upload them online when i figure it out Ill post. Neither of our airbags deploy!! what BS. So as it turns out 7 vehicles in all hydroplaned around the same time. 2 vehicles crashed and a 18 wheeler with a flatbed full of steel beams jack knifed and rolled his cab dumping these 50 ft steel beams on the Interstate. Crazy shi* and we all got tickets for driving to fast for conditions even though its obvious the road isnt draining properly. Too make it short I hung out with Chad the other Z driver while our cars got towed and got him the NC as he was on his way the VA beach thanx to my parents. So should I let the insurance company rebuild the car? I think i can get a depreciation check for damages even though its my (natures) fault. I owe 21k and its bluebooking at 26k so either way im good might look at a s2000 but i dunno i loved my Z. Anyways had to vent this cant sleep too much adrenaline still pumping.

Oh yea he had a track and mines base guess traction control and brembos dont help when theres water envolved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 08:26 AM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to toykilla Send a message via Yahoo to toykilla
dude that sucks, and it sucks even more that cops feel they need to slap you for nothing. I mean comon! you just wrecked a badass sports car, and they have to be asses and punish you further (for nothing?)

AIM: jbass350z

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Sorry to hear you lost against Mother Nature. Try hitting black ice sometime. No matter what you have, you can't win.

I wonder if the state will admit fault here. So SC can

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Aug 6 2005, 07:26 AM
[b]Sorry to hear you lost against Mother Nature.* Try hitting black ice sometime.* No matter what you have, you can't win.

I wonder if the state will admit fault here. * * So SC can
[snapback]142498[/snapback]

yea i doubt SC will take anyblame... they write the tickets just to cover there azzes
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 11:08 AM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jinxxycat Send a message via Yahoo to jinxxycat
Wow what a horrible experience. That sucks bad. Let's see pics, if it's only one side and no frame damage I'd get it fixed. My poor baby should have been totaled I think after thought but we got her fixed up after a bad bad accident, and she is still good to go!!!!! Couldn't get rid of her...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 01:13 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to toykilla Send a message via Yahoo to toykilla
did either car hit the front end? that would by why the airbags didnt deploy..

AIM: jbass350z

post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by TOYKILLA@Aug 6 2005, 12:13 PM
[b]did either car hit the front end? that would by why the airbags didnt deploy..
[snapback]142555[/snapback]
No direct hit to the front of the cars but his should of deployed.. he had curtian airbags and his car was on its side.. sounds like they dont total unless its more than 75% damage. I think im going to talk to the body shop about ground effects if they would be willing to work it in. Atleast an aftermarket front clip.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 10:30 PM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to studybuddy Send a message via MSN to studybuddy
That's terrible man! Definitely get those pics up soon. If you email them to me at [email protected], I will get them up here for you.

That's terrible that it happened to you man. I hope that you can get the money for depreciation. I did when I got hit by a woman. Let us know how everything turns out for you.

Question: Were you on the stock Bridgestone Potenzas?

post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-07-2005, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by StudyBuddy@Aug 6 2005, 09:30 PM
[b] That's terrible man! Definitely get those pics up soon. If you email them to me at [email protected], I will get them up here for you.

That's terrible that it happened to you man. I hope that you can get the money for depreciation. I did when I got hit by a woman. Let us know how everything turns out for you.

Question: Were you on the stock Bridgestone Potenzas?
[snapback]142616[/snapback]

yea both of us had the stock bridgetones
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-07-2005, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast Member

(Thread Starter)
[attachmentid=9837]
[attachmentid=9838]
[attachmentid=9839]
[attachmentid=9840]