Sony Playstation 3 - Page 2 - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
you dont need to wait 2 months just go to toys r us they are getting them all the time now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 05:24 PM
Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to teh215 Send a message via Yahoo to teh215
Quote:
you dont need to wait 2 months just go to toys r us they are getting them all the time now
+1
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 05:32 PM

Quote:
looking for $2300 obo
2300? do i get a $1800 rebate with that?

Quote:
No offense to you Zguy, but why would someone pay 4 times the price (on the most expensive console no less) when in two months all it will take is to walk into Best Buy and drop 600 or less. This has always astounded me, and I think that we as a culture need to learn how to wait just a little longer, instead of needing stuff now.
exactly. who needs it NOW? (well...besides little spoiled brats who get everything for the holiday. haha)

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 05:54 PM
Grand Touring Member

reeediculous... For $2300, you better show up at my house on Xmas day, dressed like Santa, *BE* jolly, AND still give me a couple hundred dollars change. Seriously, I've been to two stores this week that I could have bought a PS2 right off the shelf for retail.

On top of that, lots of these kind of stories hitting the press now...

PS3 problems abound as second batch to hit shelves in December

While Sony is preparing to deliver its second batch of PS3 game consoles in December, consumers who are currently enjoying the new gaming device reportedly have encountered problems with the console, including overheating, inability to start up the console, and a lower display resolution issue, according to market sources.

Problems related to overheating and inability to start the machine were reported since the PS3 launched in mid-November. Reports have circulated recently in the US retail market saying that when used with older high-definition (HD) TVs that support only a 1080i resolution, the PS3 displays 720p resolution games at only 480p. Sources at Sony said this problem could be caused by a firmware problem and that the company will resolve the problem as soon as possible.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 06:17 PM

Quote:
reeediculous... For $2300, you better show up at my house on Xmas day, dressed like Santa, *BE* jolly, AND still give me a couple hundred dollars change. Seriously, I've been to two stores this week that I could have bought a PS2 right off the shelf for retail.

On top of that, lots of these kind of stories hitting the press now...

PS3 problems abound as second batch to hit shelves in December

While Sony is preparing to deliver its second batch of PS3 game consoles in December, consumers who are currently enjoying the new gaming device reportedly have encountered problems with the console, including overheating, inability to start up the console, and a lower display resolution issue, according to market sources.

Problems related to overheating and inability to start the machine were reported since the PS3 launched in mid-November. Reports have circulated recently in the US retail market saying that when used with older high-definition (HD) TVs that support only a 1080i resolution, the PS3 displays 720p resolution games at only 480p. Sources at Sony said this problem could be caused by a firmware problem and that the company will resolve the problem as soon as possible.
did you mean PS3? you said PS2.

seems like this console is filled with problems. get the Wii....better choice IMO.
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 06:22 PM

yea get the wii instead and have the remote fly out of your hand and into the tv
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 08:15 PM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to waitin407
$2300 is rediculous! I finally played one of the demo's in Best Buy and wasn't that excited over it. It kept freezing and turning off lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 08:32 PM

I agree, 2300 is crazy, but good luck though, im sure people will buy it at that price on ebay. Im just going to go to Toys R Us in summer and pick one up, that way I can actually play it, cause only in the summer do I have time to spare.
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 08:33 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quote:
$2300 is rediculous! I finally played one of the demo's in Best Buy and wasn't that excited over it. It kept freezing and turning off lol.
Yeah, a Best Buy near us had an ATV game with some pretty weak graphics. The hype is always huge because of low initial release numbers, but IMO, this system doesn't deserve it. I'm liking the Wii myself. I'll wait for the bugs to be out of both.

"I'm Shiva the God of Death.", Michael Clayton.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 08:38 PM
rjg

just buy a xbox360 or a wii or both. way more actual fun games out for both.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread