Ping I3+ irons - 3-PW-Green Dot/ Brand New Never Used - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I won these in a fundraiser golf tournament for the Boy Scouts of America. They are brand new, still in factory packaging as you can see. I removed part of the wrapping to take a pic of one of the irons. Specs are as follows:

Ping I3+

3-PW

Green Dot

Standard Length

Stiff Flex

CS-Lite Shafts

I3-White Grips

Asking $400.00 shipped

Pics:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 04:46 PM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to sw150
Green dot just my fitting. Don't think the wife would go for me getting new clubs after how much I've spent on the Z in the past couple of weeks. I don't think I can part with my ISI's I love em. Someone should pick them up from you thats a great price.

[/color]Vortech / Max Speed / JIC / Stillen / Volk / Greddy / Titek / Veilside / Shine Auto / Nismo / Rouge / ACT / Corbeau / Metal Matrix / Hotchkis / [color="#0000FF"]

AIM: sw150z

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
I tried to put a good price on them, these are some sweet Ping's. If it doesn't work out I may just keep them and try playing with them. I just can't seem to abandon my Hogan Apex blades. I've been playing with them since 92. We'll see.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 09:55 AM
Performance Member

If I were you I would keep the Pings. Your Hogans are old and outdated. Depending on who often you play, it may be time to rest the blades.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 10:09 AM
Grand Touring Member

Quote:
I tried to put a good price on them, these are some sweet Ping's. If it doesn't work out I may just keep them and try playing with them. I just can't seem to abandon my Hogan Apex blades. I've been playing with them since 92. We'll see.
I have a set of Hogan's that I keep in case a friend hits town but didn't have room to bring his sticks...might consider keeping the Pings's as a loaner set. Great price on them.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
If I were you I would keep the Pings. Your Hogans are old and outdated. Depending on who often you play, it may be time to rest the blades.
How dare you call my Hogans old and outdated

I sorta know what you mean.

I don't think I could give up blades all together though. I do get alot of comments like that from the same people who can't break a 100 and have to buy a new equipment every year because it's the latest and greatest thing. Once I find something I like I tend to stick with it until I feel it lets me down.

Long story short, before I bought my new driver, I was playing with a TaylorMade Ti Bubble that was like 7 years old. I went to the beach with the family and took one day for myself to play some golf. I got a 7:30 tee time so that I wouldn't be behind or stuck with playing some scrubs. Got there, wanted to play by myself, they put two brothers with me. First hole, they asked me what tee's I wanted to play. I just said whatever. They said "We're gonna play from the blues, you can play from wherever". I knew what this meant, a long day of golf. First tee I crunch a 3 iron on a fairly short par 4. The first brother blows it right, deep into the woods. Second brother tops it and dribbles it short of the red tee's.

I'm thinking

Second tee, I let them hit first since they were ready. First one dumps it into the pond in front of the tee. Second one bombs it all of about 200 yds. I got ready to hit and one made a crack about the "ancient technology" I was using. Well after my ball flew his about 125 yds., there was only silence. Tried to make some bets with them by taking on both of them and giving shots.

They said no go, pu$$ies. I hate people that talk sh!t on the course and can't back it up.

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
I have a set of Hogan's that I keep in case a friend hits town but didn't have room to bring his sticks...might consider keeping the Pings's as a loaner set. Great price on them.
The only experience I can give you is the other 3 guys in my group that day are playing with the one's they won and love them.

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 10:31 AM
Grand Touring Member

Quote:
How dare you call my Hogans old and outdated

I sorta know what you mean.

I don't think I could give up blades all together though. I do get alot of comments like that from the same people who can't break a 100 and have to buy a new equipment every year because it's the latest and greatest thing. Once I find something I like I tend to stick with it until I feel it lets me down.

Long story short, before I bought my new driver, I was playing with a TaylorMade Ti Bubble that was like 7 years old. I went to the beach with the family and took one day for myself to play some golf. I got a 7:30 tee time so that I wouldn't be behind or stuck with playing some scrubs. Got there, wanted to play by myself, they put two brothers with me. First hole, they asked me what tee's I wanted to play. I just said whatever. They said "We're gonna play from the blues, you can play from wherever". I knew what this meant, a long day of golf. First tee I crunch a 3 iron on a fairly short par 4. The first brother blows it right, deep into the woods. Second brother tops it and dribbles it short of the red tee's.

I'm thinking

Second tee, I let them hit first since they were ready. First one dumps it into the pond in front of the tee. Second one bombs it all of about 200 yds. I got ready to hit and one made a crack about the "ancient technology" I was using. Well after my ball flew his about 125 yds., there was only silence. Tried to make some bets with them by taking on both of them and giving shots.

They said no go, pu$$ies. I hate people that talk sh!t on the course and can't back it up.
I used to love my bubble shaft TM...had a 3 wood that never let me down on the tee box or from the short grass. Hell...I still have it, actually I have two of them. If you can work the ball with the Hogans and are comfortable around the greens with them...why change? Early tee time a must on a resort course...or here comes a six hour round.

5AT '04 TOURING SE GA USA
August '07 Dyno at Forged Performance 398WHP / 380TQ @ 8.5psi

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
I used to love my bubble shaft TM...had a 3 wood that never let me down on the tee box or from the short grass. Hell...I still have it, actually I have two of them. If you can work the ball with the Hogans and are comfortable around the greens with them...why change? Early tee time a must on a resort course...or here comes a six hour round.
Still have the 3 & 5 wood TM bubble shaft in the bag. I will say I bought a slightly used TM R7 TP w/ Fujik.. shaft, and I'm in love again. Can you say bomb it?

Early tee times, I usually tell the resort I want to be right behind the mower as it leaves the green. Hate the dew on the fairways but I'd rather not play if it's gonna take all day for a round of golf. I'd rather sit at the bar at the clubhouse.

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 12:18 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quote:
Still have the 3 & 5 wood TM bubble shaft in the bag. I will say I bought a slightly used TM R7 TP w/ Fujik.. shaft, and I'm in love again. Can you say bomb it?

Early tee times, I usually tell the resort I want to be right behind the mower as it leaves the green. Hate the dew on the fairways but I'd rather not play if it's gonna take all day for a round of golf. I'd rather sit at the bar at the clubhouse.
I know exactly what you mean. I bought into the TP series prior to the R5 & R7 series with the adjustable weights...and love the Fujikura speeder shaft. Never thought I would pay that much for a golf club though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread