Tire Question (Yes, I searched) - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Base Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jgruberman Send a message via MSN to jgruberman Send a message via Yahoo to jgruberman
(Thread Starter)
Tire Question (Yes, I searched)

I have 245/35R19 on the front but having issues with them and need to replace because one is going flat.

Can I fit 245/40R19 without a problem? I don't have any rubbing now, just don't know what the limit is and such when the suspension and range of motion comes into account.

Thanks in advance, and yes I searched this forum for that tire size... didn't find much of anything

If you don't have the time to do it right,
when will you have time to do it over again?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
That new tire size would go better with 18" wheels if you were trying to stay close to OEM specs. Have you found any tire that size? Did you use Tire Rack's tire calculator? I haven't checked it in a long time, so I don't know how accurate their's is compared to others.

edit: try this calculator: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 07:31 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
If you have VDC, you probably don't wanna do that. Otherwise, there shouldn't be any issues with it. It may look kinda funny because the sidewall might be taller than your rear tires depending on what you have in the rear.

'03 Enthusiast-UpRev-Nismo-VOLK-Stillen-Motordyne-INGS+1-Lightwerkz-Brembo-StopTech-Injen-K&N
275WHP/245WTQ

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Base Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jgruberman Send a message via MSN to jgruberman Send a message via Yahoo to jgruberman
(Thread Starter)
The rear is 275/45/19. I believe.

I doubt I have VDC since it's an 03 base model... so I don't think they have many bells and whistles on mine.

I'm not worried too much about stock spec since the rears are Runflats, and the weight on those is going to be humongous compared to stock... My biggest concern is the fit with a stock suspension.

I also came across some 255/35/19, but not sure how much wider those will be and don't want it sticking out PAST the fender.

If you don't have the time to do it right,
when will you have time to do it over again?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
You should be fine with the 255/35. What are the offsets on your wheels? What kind of wheels?

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010, 01:07 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
The rear is 275/45/19. I believe.

I doubt I have VDC since it's an 03 base model... so I don't think they have many bells and whistles on mine.

I'm not worried too much about stock spec since the rears are Runflats, and the weight on those is going to be humongous compared to stock... My biggest concern is the fit with a stock suspension.

I also came across some 255/35/19, but not sure how much wider those will be and don't want it sticking out PAST the fender.
As Smooth mentioned, you won't have issues with the suspension with either of those tires. And you don't have VDC if you have a Base model. The big question is what's the width and offset of your front wheels. I have 255s on my fronts (19x9.5 +17) with no issues.

'03 Enthusiast-UpRev-Nismo-VOLK-Stillen-Motordyne-INGS+1-Lightwerkz-Brembo-StopTech-Injen-K&N
275WHP/245WTQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement