New to the forum: Looking at a 2004 G35 Coupe and I have some ? - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to SS1156
(Thread Starter)
I was wondering what I should look for in the way of problems? The car is an auto, wanted a stick but the GF can't drive one. I love the way these cars sounds and it looks like them perform pretty decent. I'm not looking for a rocketship. I just want a good running, sounding and reliable car. I am getting rid of my 03 Dodge Ram 2500 w/ the Cummins in it for something like this. Please tell me the things I should look for. I'm not too sure of the miles as the lot was closed, thats the best time to look. No pain in the ass salesman following you around. I really do appreciate any help you guys can throw my way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 11:24 PM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to JTS2005 Send a message via Yahoo to JTS2005
one thing that i always check is to see if it has been modded before. Was it turboed or SC? You could always get a compression test done just to be safe or do it yourself. Also do the norm of running a car fax but i would also check the VIN just to make sure it wasn't in an accident. I had a car that had a clean car fax but had diff quarter panel VIN numbers.

[/b]
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to SS1156
(Thread Starter)
QUOTE (JTS2005 @ Jun 22 2009, 09:24 PM)
Quote:
one thing that i always check is to see if it has been modded before. Was it turboed or SC? You could always get a compression test done just to be safe or do it yourself. Also do the norm of running a car fax but i would also check the VIN just to make sure it wasn't in an accident. I had a car that had a clean car fax but had diff quarter panel VIN numbers.
Thanks JTS, I looked it over real good and the right qtr has some poor body work done to it. I should know, I work for a bodyshop that fixes nothing but highline cars. I was just wondering if there are some problem areas for these cars. I have heard nothing but great things about the G35 and 350Z's.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I can't think of anything wrong with the G. It's a great car, and I also like the sound. Depending on the mileage, I would probably look into the tranny and change the fluid, ask about the rotors and pads to see if they're new, find out about the previous owner if possible. Hopefully, it didn't get trashed by a frisky driver.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2014, 12:32 PM

Yes! Your suggestion is right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement