User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 04:50 PM
Ninja350Z

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
So you think it's cool, but badgless is cooler?
Yes espically the rear end........that sounded funny

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 03:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Mustang_Killer_G35x Send a message via Yahoo to Mustang_Killer_G35x
Im for rebadging the G35, at least on mine. But Im not gonna rebadge it right off, and Im not rebadging to Nissan. When I rebadge I am going to change the "I N F I N I T I" badge across the back to "S K Y L I N E", yet I am leaving the Emblem and "G35x" on. And adding on a GT-S or GT-R sky badge or whatever I can get the car closest too.

And there lies my point. Im not going to badge the stock G with Skyline badges, b/c even though as for stock cars, G and Z cars are great, but they really dont have the same in them as their Japanese preds.

So if you have the time and utilities and money, to run some JDM sky/fairL conversions and parts, then im all for the badges.

So i get my G35x on Tuesday, Ill take some pics then hopefully after a few months Ill have enough to start rebadging, then I will take some pics with no badges, then some with the Sky badges. Ill post them back here to compare them all directly together.

Now I know some may think well how is the x gonna be a skyline, ITS A SEDDAN, well I wanted the ATTESA and figured the set-up and price would be better to Buy the 35x, rather than buying the Coupe and switching the drivetrain out.
post #23 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 06:34 PM
Base Member

The badges on the trunk are just stuck on correct? No holes will need to be filled once removed, right?

post #24 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 07:39 PM
Performance Member

Send a message via AIM to zippysedan
Quote:
ahhh but they arent skylines or fairladies unless you drive on the other side of the car
So if I drive on that side of the car then I should also drive on the other side of the road? I don't think the cops would approve. I'll let you know in a few days though.

jb
post #25 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 07:46 PM
Performance Member

Send a message via AIM to zippysedan
Quote:
Im for rebadging the G35, at least on mine. But Im not gonna rebadge it right off, and Im not rebadging to Nissan. When I rebadge I am going to change the "I N F I N I T I" badge across the back to "S K Y L I N E", yet I am leaving the Emblem and "G35x" on. And adding on a GT-S or GT-R sky badge or whatever I can get the car closest too.

And there lies my point. Im not going to badge the stock G with Skyline badges, b/c even though as for stock cars, G and Z cars are great, but they really dont have the same in them as their Japanese preds.

So if you have the time and utilities and money, to run some JDM sky/fairL conversions and parts, then im all for the badges.

So i get my G35x on Tuesday, Ill take some pics then hopefully after a few months Ill have enough to start rebadging, then I will take some pics with no badges, then some with the Sky badges. Ill post them back here to compare them all directly together.

Now I know some may think well how is the x gonna be a skyline, ITS A SEDDAN, well I wanted the ATTESA and figured the set-up and price would be better to Buy the 35x, rather than buying the Coupe and switching the drivetrain out.
The Skyline has been in production for a very long time. For most of those years, there have been both coupes and sedans offered. Godzilla had a very similar AWD platform to our cars. The new G35 sedan has the HICAS system as an option. We are getting closer and closer to resurrecting Godzilla in a sedan. I am going TT and would be very glad to race the folks who don't like my badging. I don't think you should put a GTR label on your car w/out a TT setup, but the Skyline is not currently offered with a TT. If all you want to do is point out the fact that the car is, in fact, a Skyline, and keep the logo of the sales organization that imported it, go nuts. I like the Fuji logo, but I want to confuse people, and will go Nissan Skyline 350GT. I'm not gonna pretent it's a GTR though. I saw a Maxima with a GTR emblem on the trunk, and it almost made my eyes bleed.

jb

post #26 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 08:17 PM
Touring Member

yeah don't gay up a car with GTR badges unless you're intending a humourous statement by that.

quality over quantity
post #27 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 09:01 PM
Base Member

I don't mind flying a Skyline badge on the back, or even a 350GT badge as well. I have both. But flying a GT-R badge, may be a bit bold, unless you've done an AWD conversion, plus TT, maybe. Maybe for us who have TT'd our cars can fly a GT-S badge.
post #28 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 05:58 AM
Enthusiast Member

IMO, if you want to biuld a Skyline clone, you should be rockin' at least 500whp before the badge goes on. Otherwise you have people with turbo-diesel farm trucks and riced out sedans going around saying they beat a Skyline.

<div align="center">
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<div align="center">"Too many self indulgent wieners, with too much bloody money." ~Gone In 60 Seconds
post #29 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 06:05 AM
Enthusiast Member

Even muscle car guy usually won&#39;t rebadge to a higher performing model without first putting in a serious engine.

<div align="center">
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<div align="center">"Too many self indulgent wieners, with too much bloody money." ~Gone In 60 Seconds
post #30 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 10:51 AM
Base Member

Send a message via AIM to Michael Blue
Quote:
Even muscle car guy usually won&#39;t rebadge to a higher performing model without first putting in a serious engine.

That&#39;s all fine and well, but the G35 isn&#39;t a stripped down version; it is the Skyline 350GT.
If they were different, I&#39;d agree a rebadge wouldn&#39;t be accurate, but since they are the exact same car I see no reason why someone couldn&#39;t do this if they wanted.

Looking for Pearl White G35 Coupe 6MT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement