Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 08:45 PM
Performance Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to tonylittell Send a message via MSN to tonylittell Send a message via Yahoo to tonylittell
my personal opinion is if you dont have a skyline then you dont call it a skyline. its like putting chevelle letters on a malibu or gto lettering on a lemans or 5.0 badges on a 4cyl mustang.

think its tacky and poser-ish

but opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. just some are bigger than others

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 11:06 AM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to toykilla Send a message via Yahoo to toykilla
Quote:
my personal opinion is if you dont have a skyline then you dont call it a skyline. its like putting chevelle letters on a malibu or gto lettering on a lemans or 5.0 badges on a 4cyl mustang.

think its tacky and poser-ish
but opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. just some are bigger than others
but it is a Skyline... just like your car is a FairladyZ

AIM: jbass350z

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 10:00 PM
Performance Member

Send a message via AIM to tonylittell Send a message via MSN to tonylittell Send a message via Yahoo to tonylittell
ahhh but they arent skylines or fairladies unless you drive on the other side of the car

post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 03:15 AM
Grand Touring Member

People always want to do do something that no-one else has. I find it kind of ironic, being down here.

People have started to import the V35s into Australia. Since they're from Japan they wear Nissan Skyline badging, but a lot of the owners are buying the Infiniti badges. Skylines are a dime a dozen on the roads down here, so I suppose its to strive to be different. And Infiniti hasn't been a nameplate in Australia since the mid 90's (and even then they were only around for a year or two, with a 1-2 car lineup).

"I swear, officer, its all factory options!"

Understeer is when you hit the tree with the front wheel.
Oversteer is when you hit it with the back.
Horsepower is how hard you hit the tree...
Torque is how far you drag it...
post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 03:53 PM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to waitin407
I've only seen one G35 that was rebadged, and it looked pretty cool. It's not really overdone here in the US so it would definitely set you apart. Debadging is just as cool IMO.

post #16 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 10:08 AM
Base Member

Send a message via AIM to Michael Blue
I've been debating this myself, so once I've got my G, I'm going to inventory all the Infiniti badges in the car and see how difficult it would be to do them all.

...Since I work at a Nissan dealership, it has special importance to me to rebadge it. ;)

Looking for Pearl White G35 Coupe 6MT

post #17 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-19-2006, 06:39 PM
Base Member

i think they look pretty sick!
post #18 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-03-2006, 02:50 PM

You should definatly get it rebadge, in 2007 I'm getting a Skyline/G35 and the first thing I'm going to do is get it rebadge and I don't care if others have it rebadge, in my opinion everyone should get it rebadge. It IS a Nissan Skyline and just saying that it's the same car and has the same heritage of a freakin Nissan Primera/G20 is soooo wrong. I'm not going to have my car renamed just so stupid yuppie bastards could go "Oh! this car has a letter and number in it just like bmw, it must be good!" and so that they can feel superior to Altima owners.

I'm considering getting the words "NISSAN SKYLINE" placed on my rear window as well. It's a skyline the next version of the r34 coupe.
post #19 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 12:23 PM
Performance Member

Send a message via AIM to zippysedan
So what you're saying it's cool to be a non-conformist, but all these other forums are full of conformists flocking to the badge and therefore it's no longer cool...

I follow you, but I kinda like the name alot better than g35 so I will be badging my car. BTW, it seems like most of the people that buy these cars in my area just purr around in them. When the road is open enough, I drive more like I just stole it. I'm definitely in the minority.

Also, you may want to check the sales figures. The G35 is pretty much carrying Infiniti at this point. From a cash perspective, half their sales came from this car in '05, my model year. It's the least expensive Infiniti offering, so run those numbers.

Go Skyline!

Quote:
It is comon on the forums, but i doubt you will run across many on the road.. i think we are a minority in the overall population..

Nissan sells around 30k Z cars each year and probably somewhere around the same G's. Just a guesstimate, but i bet there are over 250k of these cars on the road worldwide. We only have 9k members.

Also, you are going to have to explain what a skyline is to everyone that sees that badge.

I vote for badge removal
post #20 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 03:13 PM
Enthusiast Member

The bottom line is the car was born as a Skyline in Japan. I've seen the car with the Skyline emblems and shaved and they look nice both ways.

Vortech 3.12, RC 550cc, Borla TD cat back with Magnaflow X-pipe/muffler, test pipes, Megan headers, Motordyne Iso thermal 5/16 plenum spacer, Utec, Fidanza flywheel, ACT clutch.
Dynojet numbers 392whp 335tq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement