User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012, 01:12 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
window problem??????????

never had any prob with my windows......the other day i get in crank up and roll them down...........hit the on ramp and the rt window woulnt go up.....took the door down....pulled the motor off cranked the reg up with a ratchet hit lilresset button put it back togather pluged it in.shut the door...window came dwn bout 1 inch...opened door closed it window down bout one inch.......started over except this time i didnt plug the motor in and the window stayed up but woulnt work.............................................. ..r there seprate relays or fueses for rt & lft windows??????????? is my motoer just shot......does anyone kno how to test it????????????? it seems that its working partialy cuz when its pluged in and i shut the door the motors pullin the window down...............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012, 09:08 AM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Our window motors are notorious for failing. I had the drivers side replaced within 3 years under warranty, and the passenger side last year - mine is an '03. I believe there is more to the reset procedure than what you did, not sure though, but that reset is pretty much for auto drop when the door is opened anyway. But when it won't come back up at all, that is generally a failing motor; it may work off and on, and may work if you bang your fist on the inside of the door. Replacement now will save future aggravation.

Hotchkis Z1 Motorsports JWT Hawk SSR Crawford
ZeeToyz Valentine Sumitomo Royal Purple Zaino

I like my 350 but I love my 300ZX TT more.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012, 10:46 AM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
agree here … the reset procedure is simply to mark the top of window point for the motor & regulator. Since you can get the door panel on and off easily the motor swap won't be that hard.

Thus far only my drivers side has gone out and I bought a re-furbished unit because it was available locally. My suggestion is to inspect the motor before you leave the parts-store. My first motor looked like shit and it was a pain in the ass to return it…the sales guy thought I swapped the old motor and new motors and I was trying to return the old one as the refurbished unit.

'03 Z33
'71 S30
'04 Triton 5.4

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Base Member

Check out the last few posts I made under this topic:

https://www.350z-tech.com/forums/123-...roblems-5.html

There's plenty of details there regarding window motors/regulators, cleaning them, re-greasing, etc. You could probably bring the motor back to life by cleaning up the brushes/stator/armature. It sounds like your window might be binding on the track or struggling due to a dirty regulator. I would recommend cleaning all your window tracks and checking the regulator for excessive resistance. Cleaning the window seals in the upper door frame also helps!

Good luck!
-Icer
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 11:52 PM
Banned

Change its lock to open and close.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement