LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2010, 05:49 AM Thread Starter
Performance Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
"New" Top Gear show

so i was wanting to know if anyone has seen the "new" top gear show and what they thought about it? i thought it was pretty good but so far its nothing like the old top gear. idk if i really like that they put tanner foust as the a driver granite he is a dang good drifter/racer but he just puts off this persona that he is an A-hole off camera and away from the fans. i would hope not...and besides he had that "fake" show supercars exposed. no offense to anyone...

Speed kills....what a way to die...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2010, 09:30 AM
Grand Touring Member

I like Tanner, the show is dumb. You can't have top gear w/o English accents.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Daily Driver (65k miles): APS Intercooled TT, Built Motor, Arias, Eagle, HKS, UTEC, Deutschworks, Wilwood BBK, MB Weapons, Nito NT 555RII, ACT clutch, Fidanza flywheel, KW Variant 3 coilovers, Hotchkis sways, Cusco control arms, Authentic JDM Spec Nismo V2 body kit, Z Speed, Quiafe, HID, AIT R1 Hood, HKS EVC, HKS Hi Flow, custom 3" TD exhaust, APS 3.5" down pipes, GReddy, Defi, AEM
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2010, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I foresee the end of this show within one season. Tanner is too self-centered and has an ego bigger than the cars he drives. He's the equivalent of Clarkson when it comes to personality.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2010, 06:15 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothZ View Post
I foresee the end of this show within one season. Tanner is too self-centered and has an ego bigger than the cars he drives. He's the equivalent of Clarkson when it comes to personality.
+1 to all that...

Let me clarify, I liked Tanner bc he drifted that yellow AEM Z, I don't actually know anything about Tanner the person, lol.

Daily Driver (65k miles): APS Intercooled TT, Built Motor, Arias, Eagle, HKS, UTEC, Deutschworks, Wilwood BBK, MB Weapons, Nito NT 555RII, ACT clutch, Fidanza flywheel, KW Variant 3 coilovers, Hotchkis sways, Cusco control arms, Authentic JDM Spec Nismo V2 body kit, Z Speed, Quiafe, HID, AIT R1 Hood, HKS EVC, HKS Hi Flow, custom 3" TD exhaust, APS 3.5" down pipes, GReddy, Defi, AEM
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2010, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Battle of the Supercars: Tanner could not shut up. He needs a lesson in some humility. At least the guys on TG UK can make fun of themselves.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 04:42 AM Thread Starter
Performance Member

(Thread Starter)
i agree with willy u cant have top gear without the english accent lol n i also agree with smoothz about tanner being to self centered n yes he is a bit of an ass on battle of the supercars...but i think it is just too "staged".

Speed kills....what a way to die...
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 03:41 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So far I kinda like it. I'm not too hung up on it being like TGUK. I'm only watching it for the cars. I was disappointed with the Lambo section they did. The teaser they had a while ago was awesome. I hoping for more road course; auto-x; and/or canyon driving with those. All 3 is always good. But, all they did was a stinkin' straight line speed.

With that said, I hope they end up being opposite of TGUK. I'm getting tired of that show. I'm sick of the stupid little skits. I want more cars.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 03:02 PM
Grand Touring Member

The hosts suck. Tanner is a douche and it seems like the other guy (not Rutledge) can't even drive a manual. It does seem very staged also.

BUT, we are comparing it to a show that has been on for the better part of two decades. Of course the UK version is going to be more sorted and SEEM less staged. The UK hosts are seasoned actors. These guys are no-bodys/racers. If we give it time, it WILL get better. Will it ever be as good as the UK version? No.

I watch it almost entirely for the car action at this point. It leaves me wanting something though. I love the sound and cinematography (?) of the UK version. For example, I barely heard the Aston's V12 last night.

'03 Enthusiast-UpRev-Nismo-VOLK-Stillen-Motordyne-INGS+1-Lightwerkz-Brembo-StopTech-Injen-K&N
275WHP/245WTQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement