LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to etraxx Send a message via Yahoo to etraxx
(Thread Starter)
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JZkH_iPl4qc&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JZkH_iPl4qc&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Socrates: "I drank .. wat?"
my Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- a Klansman is a Nazi in sheets clothing -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 04:54 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What&#39;s odd is they seemed to have started on their own (ie; no crash or accident).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 04:58 PM

Oops.

'03 HRE 350Z TT Sold
'12 Forgeline G37S Daily

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via MSN to etraxx Send a message via Yahoo to etraxx
(Thread Starter)
Yeah. Seems engine fires are relatively common for these cars

Socrates: "I drank .. wat?"
my Blog:

- a Klansman is a Nazi in sheets clothing -
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Can you imagine if that happened while you were driving? Are they serious about these cars actually having these kinds of problems?

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 06:36 PM
Grand Touring Member

Yeah, Lamborghini and Ferrari are notorious for engine fires. During normal driving too. If it happened while the car was being driven hard on a track I might be able to understand but these cars catch fire during normal driving.

'03 Enthusiast-UpRev-Nismo-VOLK-Stillen-Motordyne-INGS+1-Lightwerkz-Brembo-StopTech-Injen-K&N
275WHP/245WTQ
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 12:05 AM
Performance Member

Send a message via Yahoo to nerb
I find it so funny to how people react to this stuff, especially these exotics being burnt down. When the diablo was beside the road burning, people just kept going by as if they see it on a daily basis--"Hey, no big deal, just another Lambo on fire. Honey, while we&#39;re by the store, do we need milk or bread?" Nobody even stopped to help. A shame. One guy slowed down, either in amazement or contemplating to be a hero, but he just got honked at by other impatient motorist. Crazy kids and their need to get to wal-mart I guess. And, since it seemed to be raining, I&#39;m sure no one wanted to get out of the vehicle...I mean, seriously, would YOU want to get your hair wet in order to do someone some good? Now, I&#39;m sure that no one (hopefully...until proven otherwise, I&#39;ll maintain this assumption) was hurt, as there seemed to be no accident involved while it sit there burning, so hopefully that&#39;s people&#39;s justification for not stopping to lend a helping hand, besides the fact that no one (usually) carries a fire extinguisher with them. Just a guess.

It really does suck. I pity these guys to lose their cars (or any other possession) to a fire, wreck, or whatever. Ironically, people who can usually afford these cars don&#39;t have the same concerns as us regular folk. They lose a Ferrari, they buy another one. I&#39;m sure that once in a blue moon, they&#39;re financed.

Oh well. I really do prefer to have my lambo rare, as opposed to well done. Its a shame, huh?

--If you find yourself mistaken, apologize to yourself for thinking that you are always right.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 12:23 AM

Send a message via AIM to jetpilot718
QUOTE (IDrm350 @ Oct 30 2009, 03:36 PM)
Quote:
Yeah, Lamborghini and Ferrari are notorious for engine fires. During normal driving too. If it happened while the car was being driven hard on a track I might be able to understand but these cars catch fire during normal driving.

My guess is they are notorious for fires because they are expensive investments and sometimes people need cash quick.. insurance money.. you get the drift. lol
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Performance Member

Send a message via Yahoo to nerb
^^^^ HAHAHAHA, good point pal. That goes on so often here, that my county has the highest insurance rates in the state--sucks!!!

--If you find yourself mistaken, apologize to yourself for thinking that you are always right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement