Factory Five GTM Supercar - Page 2 - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 07:34 PM
Grand Touring Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How sick am I that looking at this whole kit, I automatically started thinking of ways I would make it better if I had one.......the seats look like a$$, (some nice Recaros would look good in there), and I am sure a nice forged piston/valve head job on that LS7 with a raised redline (say....maybe 8K rpm as long as it still makes power that high), BBK, a few other goodies, would make this sucker damn near perfect for all sorts of driving. I like the decision to go with a Porsche transmission over the Corvette's. Night and day difference there huh?

"I have become-comfortably numb"

Motordyne~RacingBrake~Hawk~Redline~Momo~Rockford Fosgate~Infiniti~Alpine~Michelin~K&N~S2000 Stubby
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I like the MK3 roadster, too. That would be so nice to have in the garage for the special occasion.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Performance Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to nerb
(Thread Starter)
QUOTE (Pumpkinhead @ Jul 18 2009, 09:34 PM)
Quote:
How sick am I that looking at this whole kit, I automatically started thinking of ways I would make it better if I had one.......the seats look like a$$, (some nice Recaros would look good in there), and I am sure a nice forged piston/valve head job on that LS7 with a raised redline (say....maybe 8K rpm as long as it still makes power that high), BBK, a few other goodies, would make this sucker damn near perfect for all sorts of driving. I like the decision to go with a Porsche transmission over the Corvette's. Night and day difference there huh?
Yea, funny you should say that...I've thought the same stuff. That is the beauty of a kit car (or any car, for that matter) is that they can be as personalized as you want. I dunno. I've been in love since I seen this car. According to youtube, it does very well on the track as well. On one forum I checked out, a guy had his GTM to 165mph easily without it getting "funky" feeling. Said it was very aerodynamically correct for performance as well as looks, although he also stated that was as fast as he wanted to go because it was ONLY a kit car, meaning that parts may not be on as good, etc., and all that jazz. I keep telling myself that I'll have this in my garage someday, though. Glad you guys enjoyed it.

--If you find yourself mistaken, apologize to yourself for thinking that you are always right.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I've changed my mind. I now like the Type 65 Coupe. Something about the sleek lines just reels me in wanting to get intimate with it.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement