New Camaro - Page 3 - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 07:08 AM
Enthusiast Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
QUOTE (minesfaster @ Jun 5 2009, 10:59 PM)
Quote:
First of all, a new Mustang is a worthless piece of mass produced, poorly handling, gutless wonder of Miata proportions. Have you seen the 370z vs 2010 Mustang GT video thats on this site somewhere? Its hilarious to watch the body movement on that Mustang. Up and down and left and right. All the panels of the damn thing are just about to smack the ground. That z just goes, and stops. Nah, if it doesn't say Shelby or Saleen on it, don't waste my time. Even then, I can think of alot better things to spend money on.

Now that that rant is over...
Isn't it a widely known fact that these magazines have been bought off by manufacturers? Motor Trend is simply spouting whatever GM propaganda they're paid to spout off.
I don't think anyone here will disagree that the new mustang's aren't very good when it comes to the twisties (or even build quality for that matter), and no-one here in this thread was staking a claim that they were. I'm not sure what your rant about them has to do w/ my comment about Motor Trend though. It looks like you just used it as an opportunity to rant on the Mustang??

I think it would make sense to compare the Camaro to the Mustang from a history standpoint, but I think what MT was trying to say is that, for the new camaro, a better comparison would be Camaro vs G37, which is akin to the 350/370. To me, this implies a car that handles well and has good build quality, just like the G's and Z's.

QUOTE (jinxxycat @ Jun 5 2009, 8:19 AM)
Quote:
I kinda like them, saw one going up my street yesterday, but would like them even better if they were V8 IMO.....not a bad lookin car tho I think....
They offer a V8 for this car in a couple trim models. They look pretty good, and w/ ~420 hp should be a fun ride.

2005 350z Touring Roadster - Le Mans Sunset, Goodyear F1 AS tires, NISMO Cold Air Intake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 11:21 AM
Enthusiast Member

[quote]
It looks like you just used it as an opportunity to rant on the Mustang??

Basically.

You simply quoted the "Motor Trend" review from the banner ad at the top of the page. :D hehe. Caught ya. :P

--Topic Destroyer--
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to i8acobra
QUOTE (minesfaster @ Jun 5 2009, 08:59 PM)
Quote:
First of all, a new Mustang is a worthless piece of mass produced, poorly handling, gutless wonder of Miata proportions. Have you seen the 370z vs 2010 Mustang GT video thats on this site somewhere? Its hilarious to watch the body movement on that Mustang. Up and down and left and right. All the panels of the damn thing are just about to smack the ground. That z just goes, and stops. Nah, if it doesn't say Shelby or Saleen on it, don't waste my time. Even then, I can think of alot better things to spend money on.
Actually, the Shelby's and Saleen's are the waste of money. Everything you get on them is available in the aftermarket for much less.

Aaron B.
'08 Mustang GT/CS
'87 Nissan Hardbody - The "Mud Mobile" (454,000 miles and still counting)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 01:31 PM
Enthusiast Member

I don't have any respect for any of them. 500hp in a 4000lb car isn't that impressive. but 300hp in a 3700lb car is less impressive.

I saw a new Camaro for the first time to day. Eww. Thats a fugly car.

Minesfaster anyway.

--Topic Destroyer--
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Enthusiast Member

QUOTE (minesfaster @ Jun 6 2009, 09:21 AM)
Quote:
You simply quoted the "Motor Trend" review from the banner ad at the top of the page. :D hehe. Caught ya. :P
I actually read the article, which is refering to the V6 variant of the camaro (hence the G37 comparison), prior to seeing and replying to this post. If I remember right, the comparison was towards the end of the article...but you could check me on that...

2005 350z Touring Roadster - Le Mans Sunset, Goodyear F1 AS tires, NISMO Cold Air Intake
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Enthusiast Member

HA. Well there's an exerpt from Motor Trend in that banner... So I figured I'd best give you some shit about it.

--Topic Destroyer--
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 04:29 PM
Enthusiast Member

NP

Sponsored Links
Advertisement