LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Base Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
boost issues

I just got the turbonetics single turbo kit from treadstone for my 04 350z. I had it installed and tuned at BoostLogic in Austin. Somethings up with the setup or tune. At BoostLogic it did 385rwp on their dyno but it doesn't feel like it's pulling like it should on the street. I ran an 03-04ish mustang (mods but no boost or spray) last night from a 30 and 50 roll. From the 50 we were neck n neck but from the 30 he pulled me a little. That doesn't seem right to me (although this is my first boosted car). When the guys at BoostLogic tuned it we were trying to get to 400rwp. They maxed out the 440 injectors the kit came with and the MAF as much as they could (with correct a/f ratio) and increased the boost from 8 to 9psi and got 385rwp. The car just doesn't feel like it's performing like it should with $8,000 worth of boost and tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
My ATI Procharger runs 8psi and I make 375whp - seems about right.

Don't gage your performance off a pull with a mustang. Drive out your current tank of gas and refill - if your notions don't go away then take it back to the dyno and have your system rechecked.

'03 Z33
'71 S30
'04 Triton 5.4
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Base Member

(Thread Starter)
I was planning on going with procharger a while back. I kinda wish I had. Have you run it on the track and if so what times have you put down. I took mine to the track the day I got it tuned and could not launck for s**t. Whith the turbo, I had to launch at 5000rpm and my car wheel hops and I didn't want to break anything until I could up the suspension a bit.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Base Member

(Thread Starter)
I've heard that if the injectors are maxed out it could hurt your performance. i'm wondering if going with bigger injectors, upgrading my MAF, and tune would help.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 07:18 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaggon View Post
I was planning on going with procharger a while back. I kinda wish I had. Have you run it on the track and if so what times have you put down. I took mine to the track the day I got it tuned and could not launck for s**t. Whith the turbo, I had to launch at 5000rpm and my car wheel hops and I didn't want to break anything until I could up the suspension a bit.
The grass is greener on the other side...

the shit-thing about the procharger (and assuming the vortech) they are maxed out around 400whp. I am doing a engine build now and I am having to pull some tricks with the crank pulley ATI dampner (not related to ATI Procharger) and 2 pulleys on my bracket.

I ran mid 13s around 105mph. But this was back in 2008 - I did it once just to do it … too much wear & tear on the drive train to make it a hobby.

Launching is weird - easier with a belt driven charger bc you get boost quicker and more consistent (IMO). When I ran, I kept my TCS on (which everyone scolds me for!! :-) ) because it prevented wheel spin and maintains traction …

as far as upgrading the injectors goes - I would agree, if you're fuel system is maxed out you aint getting any more power! IIWY and you are looking to upgrade, make a list of everything you want and your goals for your system. Once you have everything lined out talk to people who have been in your shoes and get their advice so you don't make their same mistakes…Save up the cash for it and pull the trigger.

'03 Z33
'71 S30
'04 Triton 5.4
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 07:37 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Did you do pulls with it before? ...does it feel worse? A lot of people 'get used' the the speed fairly quickly, but it sounds like something may well be messed up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Daily Driver (65k miles): APS Intercooled TT, Built Motor, Arias, Eagle, HKS, UTEC, Deutschworks, Wilwood BBK, MB Weapons, Nito NT 555RII, ACT clutch, Fidanza flywheel, KW Variant 3 coilovers, Hotchkis sways, Cusco control arms, Authentic JDM Spec Nismo V2 body kit, Z Speed, Quiafe, HID, AIT R1 Hood, HKS EVC, HKS Hi Flow, custom 3" TD exhaust, APS 3.5" down pipes, GReddy, Defi, AEM
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Base Member

(Thread Starter)
I've run it on the track before w/o turbo. My best was 14.6 on 19" wheels and street tires. I had to launch about 1500rpm b/c of wheel hop.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 09:10 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
No, I mean straight off the dino. ...does it feel like it has lost power since the tune, or are you just subjectively saying that the car isn't as fast as it should be?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Daily Driver (65k miles): APS Intercooled TT, Built Motor, Arias, Eagle, HKS, UTEC, Deutschworks, Wilwood BBK, MB Weapons, Nito NT 555RII, ACT clutch, Fidanza flywheel, KW Variant 3 coilovers, Hotchkis sways, Cusco control arms, Authentic JDM Spec Nismo V2 body kit, Z Speed, Quiafe, HID, AIT R1 Hood, HKS EVC, HKS Hi Flow, custom 3" TD exhaust, APS 3.5" down pipes, GReddy, Defi, AEM
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Base Member

(Thread Starter)
Hard to tell. I don't think its lost power but I don't feel like its gained much.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Base Member

(Thread Starter)
Does anyone know if maxing out the injectors will hurt performance or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement