User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
As I was researching this topic, I couldn't believe that the first 4 pages did not even mention anything except issues on stereos, HUs, alarms, and speakers. So maybe this could be the start of a good and long thread on the subject.

What I'd like to see is what people have done with their car, why they did it, and what it does for the Z or G. If possible, explain the process in as much detail as possible. I for one would like to understand this aspect of tuning and/or modding a bit more.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 07:47 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to toykilla Send a message via Yahoo to toykilla
Because this forum is for Audio / Video / Navigation. Check the Engine and Forced Induction forums

AIM: jbass350z

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
Okay, moved to the right section.

Carry on, people.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
So if this is in the FI section, I hope someone can still explain the concepts for NA application (if possible).

post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 05:15 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just ordered the UTEC but I don't know much about it. I was using the Split Second Tune that came with the Vortech kit for almost 2 years. I'll let you know how it works out in a couple weeks. I'm also adding a return fuel system, 500cc injectors and Labree Res test pipes. Should make for some desent gains
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 10:11 AM
Enthusiast Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jms71585
Quote:
Just ordered the UTEC but I don't know much about it. I was using the Split Second Tune that came with the Vortech kit for almost 2 years. I'll let you know how it works out in a couple weeks. I'm also adding a return fuel system, 500cc injectors and Labree Res test pipes. Should make for some desent gains
Let us know how the Utec performs, b/c ill be purchasing one sometime in the future to run with s/c. I know this off topic but, Barzten - which fuel injectors did you go with?

'04 Touring Z
- Nismo Exhaust
- AAM Angled Spacer
- JL Audio
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 11:06 AM
Ninja350Z

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
HKS F-Con with the HKS Navigator. Never had anyproblems with it, and the navigator reads out some useful info.

post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
So if this is in the FI section, I hope someone can still explain the concepts for NA application (if possible).
What do you want to know? At the most basic, an EMU will control ignition timing and fuel injection. You want the spark plugs to fire at just the right time to gain the most horsepower. You also want to spray just the right amount of fuel to have it burn as efficiently as possible.

You can use the term "resolution" when describing what an EMU is capable of. A low end EMU such as the one included with the Procharger can only adjust fuel ever 1000rpm. So in that entire RPM band you have the same amount of fuel being sprayed. However a high end EMU such as the UTEC can adjust this at 250rpm increments. Simply put, the finer the resolution, the better the tuner can use the system to achieve "the perfect tune".

Adjustments are also made based on load. An example would be if you are cruising at 2500rpm and then smash the throttle. You are still at 2500rpm for a second but you just increased the load dramatically, in which case more fuel will be needed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Aeromotive DFMU (Included with the Procharger)

post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
HKS F-Con with the HKS Navigator. Never had anyproblems with it, and the navigator reads out some useful info.
Like what? I'm curious as to what I can add to the dash that would give me more info as to how my car is running.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement