How to do Twins right the first time!!! - Page 2 - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-03-2005, 05:51 PM
Grand Touring Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dave079 Send a message via Yahoo to dave079
Fantastic writeup Ernie. Thanks for the time spent writing that up. I know it will help out many to be F/I owners in the future!

06' Storm Gray Frontier SE Crew Cab
Mods: None!

Sold the Z :(

AIM: dave079
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-03-2005, 08:36 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jinxxycat Send a message via Yahoo to jinxxycat
Most Excellent Write Up Ernie! Thanks for your hard work, I hope you have a great time getting behind the wheel again!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-04-2005, 08:00 AM
Grand Touring Member

Ernie...did you install a APS oil pan? If so...where did you purchase it?

Thanks...Kenny

5AT '04 TOURING SE GA USA
August '07 Dyno at Forged Performance 398WHP / 380TQ @ 8.5psi

post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-04-2005, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast Member

(Thread Starter)

[/quote]

Yes, I bought it at www.grdperformance.com for 395 plus 15 shipping.

Here you can see the oil return line installed.

04 350Z CS Touring Roadster 6MT
High Boost(20psi): 569rwhp/551ft-lbs
Low Boost(15psi): Just shy of 500rwhp
My Sponsors:

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely and in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy sh1t...what a ride!"

target=&#39;_new&#39;><a href=&#39;
target=&#39;_new&#39;><a href='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v425/htellez/laluz.jpg' target='_new'>
</a></a></a>
post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-04-2005, 10:28 AM
Grand Touring Member

Thank you for the informative pics...good luck tomorrow!!!
post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-05-2005, 12:32 PM
Grand Touring Member

Thanks Ernie!

Looking forward to reading about the first Vette that decides to take you on

It&#39;s the experiences of folks like you & KShep that make the roads of the future a little easier to travel by folks like me.

Yes, I have a Z, yes, it is fast & handles good - NO you can&#39;t drive it!

|
|
post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-05-2005, 06:34 PM
Grand Touring Member

[/quote]
You&#39;re a nut...stay off of my roads.

5AT &#39;04 TOURING SE GA USA
August &#39;07 Dyno at Forged Performance 398WHP / 380TQ @ 8.5psi

post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-06-2005, 03:30 PM
Base Member

Send a message via MSN to sein
Thanks a lot for this write up!!! I always try to talk myself into doing it the cheaper way and in the long run I would have probably busted my engine too. This form just help me realize that you can not cut coners if you want to DO THE TWINS RIGHT!!! Thanks a lot
post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 07:59 PM
Base Member

Send a message via MSN to ghlisa
Pls give me some very good and reputable machine shop that have worked and built a VQ-35DE. Names, tel or email of machine shop. I plan to built an engine.
post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 09:36 PM
Base Member

No doubt, an excellent post. But I gotta say it, why not put the $20k down on a C6? It seems very complicated and expensive to squeeze even 100 whp out of the Z, and I just saw a $3k SC bolted on to a Hemi add almost 300 whp. Am I the only one wondering why? Don&#39;t get me wrong, I love my Z, maybe even more than a new vette, I&#39;m just a little disappointed by the reality of this email.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement