Fairlady Z - Getting New (Spare) Key Cut - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-27-2014, 12:00 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Fairlady Z - Getting New (Spare) Key Cut

Hey guys, I need a spare key for my 2002 Fairlady Z (Z33) after I lost my original (and only) set the other day and was left stranded at work and had to leave my car there. Luckily enough the key showed up the next day in a customers veichle and was returned to me.

Anyway I need to get a spare incase this was to happen again. Now Nissan want to charge me $570 just to purchase the blank key and fob... which won't be happening as I can buy them online for under $100 but the problem I am having is since the car is imported from Japan, the dealer can't provide me with the code that I need to supply to the locksmith who will cut and program my new key.

Does anyone know how I can obtain the code that my locksmith needs to be able to program the new key? Will a good scan tool provide the information?

Sorry if this has been discussed before but I can only find info for the 350zs not the fairladys. Thanks in advanced

"Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 12:13 AM
Base Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not sure why it costs so much more for the Z33 but I paid about $100 at my local Nissan dealer for a spare, programmed and out the door. I always keep this second spare key in a small pocket inside my wallet. You really should get a second key but not for $570. They're smokin some good chit to be asking THAT much Z!o:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement