User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 07:40 AM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
QUOTE (SOOTY_350Z @ May 20 2009, 04:00 AM)
Quote:
Hey qikz, sounds like a very convincing acheivement for the horsepower you want to deliver to the pavement. I 'm wanting that same luxury and considering you have already done the homework for it all, I'm quite interested in the idea. After all, once the install of the JUN goes in it would be quite hard to keep traction to all two wheels, so I guess 4 of em would be a reasonable solution...ha ha ha. As much as i like wheel spin and leaving a fat set of 11's around town they still don't get you the 9 sec pass at the 1/4mile.

Where is this workshop of yours, that you speak of?
In Central Qld. Would you like to convert yours? We have the technology.

View the Project

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 05:02 AM
Base Member

I am interested but may have to wait a little while. I'm supposed to be going overseas for work, but it can change in an instant and that will be for a good 12months. So I don't want to make any promise's yet. I also have to buy the JUN kit first and that should hopefully be done towards the 2nd half of this year.

But I will keep you posted if any sudden changes and I request the fit at an earlier stage.

Cheers
post #23 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 05:27 AM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
Have you considered the PAR crankshaft and cosworth pistons etc. That would save a bomb and is high quality stuff. JUN is very expensive with the rings for the pistons costing a lot of cash if you change them. (about $650) Cosworth rings are different to the JUN special order Cosworth pistons and it limits your maintenance severely. Check your inbox

View the Project

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #24 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 07:44 AM
Touring Member

When I first saw this thread, I almost made a mess in my pants, when I saw that you were ultimately looking at selling this as a kit, I did make that mess.

Very interested indeed, and very keen for more info.

I wish I was still in Central Gods Country, then I would wander down for a look and to pick your brains on many things Z, especially this conversion. I think that this (if/when it does get off the ground) would be something I would look at before fitting what ever turbo setup (currently set on HKS's 3037 single kit, but if I have AWD traction why not shoot for the stars, and push higher HP than I am currently set on???) I decide on just so that that I don't have to revisit pipework etc down the road.

Keep us posted with developments please!!

Shane.

P.S you mentioned to sooty, something about PAR doing cranks??? had a look on their site and couldn't find anything...

WANTED: Rich uncle. About to die. Must be willing to leave me all his money.
post #25 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
You have to speak to Sam about this. He will fill you in.

View the Project

post #26 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 09:23 PM
Base Member

wow this thread almost brought a tear to my eye, I can't wait for this to turn out!
post #27 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 01:07 AM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
I just came back from the machinists and its progressing nicely. Gears shift like a bought one but some "jiggling " is still required to allow "factory" installation of the Z Nismo shifter into the mechanism. The stock one is thumbs up already.
The shift sounds slightly more Clunky than a stock Z box which is characteristic of the Getrag box but it will be quite acceptable.
I enjoy this type of stuff more than actually driving the thing. I have a "stig " on standby to do the testing. That will also be an interesting period of time.
How I envy anyone who buys this kit as they won't even be concerned with this R&D and definetly won't have the frustrations of "getting it right".
In fact their biggest headache will be the floorpan and front crossmember mounts which is all of an afternoons work for a panel shop.
It looks factory schweet!

View the Project

post #28 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 03:38 PM
Base Member

I'd just like throw an idea in here...

I have heard that a VK56DE motor can bolt up to a VQ35DE transmission because of matching bellhousings...
And just to confirm, you are modifying an RB transmision using an adapter plate to bolt up to the VQ am I right? (which could quite possibly bolt up to the VK56)
Wouldn't it be awesome to have an AWD V8 Z?
post #29 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
It should fit the VK56 (the 50 would be a better option as used in the Super GT series). It also allows the VQ series to be fitted to any of the earlier Skylines which some have wondered about. It will also allow the G35X's to go manual and increased HP with bugger all work.

View the Project

post #30 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 12:12 PM
Base Member

QUOTE (qikz @ May 26 2009, 01:48 PM)
Quote:
It also allows the VQ series to be fitted to any of the earlier Skylines which some have wondered about. It will also allow the G35X's to go manual and increased HP with bugger all work.
yes, because of this, I believe you will be making A LOT of money...

hey do you think the fittiment for a 370z would be much different?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement