VENDOR: MICROPAK Australia - Microfibre Detailing Products - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Hi guys

As some of you already know from my other threads, i'm a big detailing fan. So it's only befitting that i now represent Micropak as Australian distributor. Micropak are a leading microfibre manufacturer with a range of auto detailing products

I actually came across the brand by receiving a Micropak Microfibre Towel as a free gift from an overseas vendor. I started using the Micropak towel and was very impressed with the quality, ease of use and softness after repeated washes. Quite a few amateur and professional detailers commented they'd like to get their hands on Micropak products for their own use, so i decided i'd contact Micropak about becoming an Australian distributor

Micropak Microfibre Ultra-Plush Towel $12 ea. or 5 for $50
I decided to stock only Micropak's premium softest Microfibre Towel, the Ultra-Plush. These come in a range of 4 colours (yellow, blue, green, purple) which makes it easy to assign a different role to each towel - one for interior cleaning, removing excess wax, waterless washing, etc. Micropak's Microfibre Towels are unique in that they are not only a much thicker weave than other brands, but also feature no tags and silk stitched edging to prevent scratching your car's paint. Micropak's Microfibre Towels work equally well in cleaning interiors as they absorb dust and dont give off any lint. Grab a glass cleaner or slightly dampen the Microfibre Towel to clean windows leaving them streak free

Micropak's Microfibre Towels are larger than other brands at 40x60cm, which means a greater swept area to remove wax residue or apply spray waxes and quick detailers. In testing i was using only one towel for a whole detail including polish, paint clean and wax, such is the great product absorbency of Micropak's towels.

Micropak Waffle Weave Drying Towel $30 ea.
By far Micropak Australia's most popular item. If you haven't already discovered the benefits of using Waffle Weave to dry your vehicle, then you best read on and take advantage of the forum special below to try for yourself. Micropak's Waffle Weave Drying Towels absorb water so well you will only need 1-2 passes to dry an average size vehicle. Ring out when done and hang to dry. More importantly, Micropak's Waffle Weave comes with Micropak's own silk stitched edging and no tags to prevent scratches. These towels are quite large at 60x90cm. I find it easier to fold the towel in half on flat panels such as bonnet and roof, then fold in quarters for side panels and bumpers. I decided to stock the light blue version of this towel as it better shows when the towel is getting dirty

Micropak Waffle Weave Drying Towel Small $20 ea.
Also available in a smaller 40x68cm size, these Waffle Weave Drying Towels are perfect for drying your wheels, inside door jams/boot/engine bay, lower bumpers/skirts, exhaust tips, basically anywhere you don't want to get your regular size Waffle Weave Drying Towel dirty

These towels are available in a light grey colour to easily differentiate from your regular Waffle Weave Drying Towel

Micropak Microfibre Foam Applicator Pad $5 ea.
Applying waxes can be time consuming and fiddly for some. I know i often drop those small thin applicator pads on the garage floor because they are so hard to grip and dont glide over the paint surface smoothly. Micropak's Microfibre Foam Applicator Pads feature a thick foam centre which makes gripping the pad alot more comfortable. Stitching is kept away from the pads surface and on the sides, and of course no tags to prevent scratching your car's paint. These can be used not only for waxes and paint cleaners, but also for applying leather cleaners and conditioners. The inherent grainy texture of Microfibre is excellent for getting cleaners inside the grain of leather and plastic trim

Micropak's Microfibre Foam Applicator Pads are larger than other brands at 10x15cm, which means a greater surface area promoting faster product applications

Micropak Microfibre Ultra-Plush Wash Mitt $18 ea.
Most of us know the simple act of washing our cars can induce swirls and light scratches in the paint. Micropak’s Ultra-Plush Wash Mitt is made from the highest quality microfibre, and features a short pile and widely spaced micro fibre surface to prevent dirt and debris from getting lodged deep within the fibres. This widened filament surface makes it easier to rinse dirt and debris out of the mitt during the wash phase.

The Micropak Ultra-Plush Wash Mitt features a unique foam inner lining that keeps the wash mitt hydrated with your wash solution, and also provides a cushion against catching your fingers against the sharp edges of panels. The relatively large size of the wash mitt (18x23cm) provides a perfect fit for all size hands and allows a greater swept area for quicker washing. The inherent grainy texture of the microfibre surface is excellent for removing even the most stubborn dirt on delicate paint surfaces with very little pressure, in turn promoting a faster washing technique

Micropak Australia Microfibre Concourse Wash Sponge $18 ea.
For those who prefer using a sponge to wash their vehicles, we are proud to offer our own Concourse Wash Sponge, exclusive to Micropak Australia. Our wash sponge features the same short pile and widely spaced micro fibre surface as our Ultra-Plush Wash Mitt. This prevents dirt and debris from getting lodged deep inside the micro fibres. The thick foam centre offers a sturdy comfortable grip, and allows you to easily ring the sponge out to release dirt and debris. The lack of visible stitching further aids in preventing swirls and lights scratches during the wash phase. Additionally, the white colour will allow you to visibly see when the sponge is getting dirty. Offered in a 22x12x7cm size.

Micropak Australia does recommend a second bucket with clean water be used to rinse and ring out the wash mitt/sponge during washing for the highest prevention of swirls and light scratches.

[email protected]

Sam Cascone
Micropak Australia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Yun thanks for your order

please check your pm dude
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Grand Touring Member

Lucky you posted this when you did, I was about to do a stocktake of my car washing gear and find out what I was missing.

I'll be putting in an order soon, for sure.

"I swear, officer, its all factory options!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Understeer is when you hit the tree with the front wheel.
Oversteer is when you hit it with the back.
Horsepower is how hard you hit the tree...
Torque is how far you drag it...

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to JTS2005 Send a message via Yahoo to JTS2005
vendor approved by JTS2005

i need to pick some stuff up from you as well...

[/b]
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
I'll be putting in an order soon, for sure.
no problem Alan, just let me know what you're after

btw love the sig pic!!!

i know how much you love your pics, check these out - went on a cruise with a pro photographer

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/scas...3a/shoot_01.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/scas...3a/shoot_02.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/scas...3a/shoot_03.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/scas...3a/shoot_04.jpg
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 12:45 AM
Grand Touring Member

You guys have the coolest graffiti. Sydney's got nothing like that I can use as a backdrop. :( But those shots are gorgeous, and you can tell from the fidelity of the image that they're using far better hardware than we were.

I'm putting my 17" rims up for sale now that I'm getting the 18" rims on (should be today), the money from that will be paying for a DSLR so I can play with the big boys.

My car's going to get photo shot in the near future by Felix Alim, ironically as a favour to another friend (and a Melbournite). If / when that project gets finished, I'll post something on here with the requestor's permission.

"I swear, officer, its all factory options!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Understeer is when you hit the tree with the front wheel.
Oversteer is when you hit it with the back.
Horsepower is how hard you hit the tree...
Torque is how far you drag it...
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 04:53 AM
Touring Member

Send a message via MSN to mxfly
Hey Sam!

Sorry couldnt talk today, but I like to order the 5 microfibre towels and 1 drying towel. Oh while you're there I might as well get a couple of those applicator pads as well too!

Pm me your bank details and i'll wire it buddy!

thanks

Euge
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 05:13 AM
Enthusiast Member

Send a message via MSN to panga
Domino, those shots look AWESOME!!! and hey is it the photography or is your car really that clean? hahaha ;)

yup i'll hafta grab some of these products of yea soon to! they sound good!

post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 05:43 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
hahaha thanks man, and yes they really are that clean

i maintain all dad's cars for him, i enjoy it, im a big detailing noob

the pics took me a few hours to do, im using an oldish 5.0 Canon digi cam on a tripod and played around with the exposure and iso speed a bit

edit: considering there's a few new Melb faces, do you guys want to organise a meet early next week at night?
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 06:39 AM
Touring Member

Send a message via MSN to mxfly
Funds sent! I'll let everyone know how they go as well

Euge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement