Car care products in australia - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I've been searching for some detailing products for my car, mostly for some product to fix up all the little scratches in the boot/hatch area, since the plastic is very soft and easy to scratch.

During this searches I've made a list of online stores in australia and overseas stores which ship to australia, I taught I'll share it with every one.

Australian shops:
Aurora One - Zaino Bros products.
WaxIt.com.au - They have Zaino, Poorboys World, Pinnacle, Wolfgang, Klasse, P21s and more. They are based in Brisbane.
www.eclipsedetailing.com.au - Zaino, Pinnacle, P21s, Klasse, Menzeran, QEW and others.
www.waxwizard.com.au - Meguiars, Mothers, 3M, Carlack 68, P21s, Pinnacle, Plexus, Swissol, Zymol and others. Based in Sydney.

Overseas stores which ship to Australia:
autopia-carcare.com - Expensive shipping to australia since shipping is by UPS.
www.exceldetail.com - Cheap and good foam pads for RO buffers (Portercable), Poorboys World, very cheap microfiber towels. Any fees not used for shipping will be returned through Paypal.
autogeek.net - Big range of products, great to buy in bulk.
www.pakshak.com

Few people were talking about importing a Porter Cable RO buffer from USA to detail their cars, I think it was KY350. Well there are alternatives in Australia, I got myself a Hitachi FSV13Y, it's 270W. The PC is more powerful then the Hitachi, but it's good enough for me. Also there's a new orbital buffer sold by Meguiar's Australia. It's GMC SA515, it's a lot more powerful then mine, it is 515W so it'll not bog down if you are trying to remove some deeper scratches. It's sold for $50 by them, but you can get one from bunnings for $24. I had a look at few of them and they seemed ok, but some didn't have the hook and loop pad perfectly straight. So before you get it, take a good look at it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 11:49 AM

Thats great Nuff

Ive been hooked on Zaino ever since my brother in law did my black 993 S with the stuff

I buy from Eclipse, but compared to US prices, he's got a 400% markup. Would love to find somewhere with a better price
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
[/quote]

If you have black car try Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax, from the photos I've seen on autopia.net (the forum about anything to do with detailing). It gives a very deep wet look, the car will look like it's dripping wet. It's also great on red.

Myself I use Mothers Sealer and Glaze topped with Meguier's #16 Paste Wax, it's not the easiest to use, but I really like the look. It looks very deep and wet on silver which I've and that look is impossible to achieve on silver. Some like it very reflective and that's what Zaino is good for. By the way, I've 2 cans of it since it has been just discontinued. It's not the easiest wax to work with, but I get great results and it lasted 2 and half months on my car. I think it'll last me a life time.

Right now I'm searching for a fix to the scratches which I've all over the interior plastic in my car. I think I'll get some Poorboy's Trim Restorer and Poorboys Natural Look, see how they work out. They are cheap from WaxIt and they got some good reviews on Autopia, hopefully they'll work well on 350z interior. I've tried Mother's Back to Black and it didn't hide them too well, it works wonders on the faded black plastic near mirrors and wipers, but it's not much use on the interior.

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 09:48 PM

I've pinned this topic as it keeps coming up.

Just add any web site you have and i'll clean it all up when we're done.

Thnx for the input mate, about time we got a big list posted.

post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-02-2005, 12:48 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks Zuffy, here's a Melbourne online store concoursecarcare.com.au - Lexol, P21s and few other products.
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-02-2005, 01:44 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I should have mentioned that the place to be when it comes to detailing is http://autopia.org

Also here's a list of acronyms to ease the confusion http://www.autopia.org/display.php?file=ac...s.htm&s=&menu=8
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-02-2005, 08:53 PM

For the cheapest Zaino money can buy try http://www.cazcomp.com/ !

He's in Singapore and delivers very quickly, he's also much cheaper than anything in Australia.
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-05-2005, 05:39 AM
Grand Touring Member

[/quote]

Nuff - yes I considered a PC for my other car as the Z is in good condition (except for the unavoidable craters in the front bar). However, since backing by car gently against a car park brick wall, which resulted in two scratches on the rear bar that removed the paint, I have decided not to get too picky with this car, as it is 14yo. So trying to improve the minor issues will just get expensive and will yield no return on investment.
Also, I hate spending all weekend detailing and only do it one a year.

However, thanks for the useful links. I'll know where to go if I cannot find a product at my local.
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-05-2005, 11:16 PM

Thanks Zuff ill check them out

Re what to use on black, ever since using a synthetic wax ive never touched a carbnauba again. The synthetic goes on so easily, i dont have to spend 30mins taping up all my rubbers bcoz of stains and there isnt all this white chalky residue everywhere. Plus i prefer the rich clear reflection u get from Zaino rather than the KY lubed up look of carbnaubas

Ive been using the Z2Pro on the SLK, and id drink the stuff if i could. The feel of the paint is unbelievable, it almost feels like silk
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 02:36 AM

yeh.... the look and feel directly after applying Zaino is breathtaking!

I've found it the easiest product to apply. Completely painless and foolproof (if you can read instructions).

The hard hart is preping the surface. Clay bar is hard work....you always find more dirt. Kind of like renovating a house.

I did want to try a Meguiars liquid wax. Anyone ever try that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement