Car care products in australia - Page 3 - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 07:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hahaha no, my gf has already sussed out it cant be done

the Alfa rear seat was another story.....there were even two tv screens back there

i had this mark on the roof lining since day 1, i used some of the interior shampoo with warm water and it came out. It looked like i made it worse initially as it went really dark when wet, but dried perfect after a while
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-20-2005, 01:00 AM

sussed out what cant be done?? extra curricular activities in the Z ??? haha yes you can !!
post #23 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 07:38 AM

ill be giving the paint some love this weekend

my mate who is a detailer will be doing a light cut to remove the swirls i have accumulated over the past 5 months since my last wax

we'll be using Menzerna Final Finish, their lightest abbrassive, to remove the swirls

im going with a top quality carnauba this time, P21S. I love Zaino, and still is the no.1 wax out there, but its just too strong. When i get swirls or light scratches, i cant remove them by hand with some Farecla G10 or Menzerna FP because you simply cant generate enough rpm/heat with your hand to cut through the Zaino. So i figure, with a carnauba, i can spot swirl remove whenever i want, and just wipe some P21S over the panel again when im done.

P21S would have to be one of the best carnaubas on the market atm, it doesnt chalk up, doesnt stain rubbers, offers best durability, and can be layered (though not as much as zaino)

will post pics when the car's finished

post #24 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 05:30 PM

Can anyone tell me where in Perth I can buy "wheel wax"?
Or any other recomendations on cleaning/polishing clearcoat wheels.
My wheels arrived from Japan yesterday and I want to get them clean and protected before fitting
Here's a pic of them
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blitz2a.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	33497  
post #25 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 01:12 PM

u dont want to use a metal polisher on clear coat wheels or ull strip the clear coat off

use a soft abbrassive with very high quality abbrassives, something like Menzerna Final Polish or Farecla G10. And just have some patience. You're better off applying a few coats with a soft cutter than attacking them with a heavy cutter that will leave marring

as for wheel wax, its a wank. Its a carnauba based product, and carnauba at the temps the wheels get to just melts off - only the very best most purest carnaubas last max 6-8 washes on paint let alone wheels. Id go for a synthetic wax like Zaino Z2-Pro or an acrylic like Klasse AIO or Polylack Nano Seal. This will last a sh!t load longer. I layered 8 coats of Zaino Z2-Pro on my wheels, and most of the brake dust just hoses off. It also prevents dust sticking just like wheel wax
post #26 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 12:53 AM
Touring Member

Send a message via MSN to martz
Anyone know if the Roadster soft top is vinyl or fabric?? I'm looking for a protectant...

GTM Twin Turbo Kit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fast Intentions Cat Back Exhaust
Volk GTF Wheels + Michelin Pilot Super Sports
post #27 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-19-2006, 02:56 AM

I personally use all Autoglym products for my car as the previous owner did as well, and all I can say is i'm amazed. Gives an excellent finish no matter which product. I've just acquired their new Deep Gloss Polish for Dark colours, and the finish its simply outstanding.
Although I've found the material on the doors is a bit hard to clean, especially on the bottom of the door where there are a couple of feet scrapes. Any ideas on what should remove them if possible, maybe i'm just not using enough shampoo lol.
post #28 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 10:53 AM

Zymol interior & exterior

Maguires, Mothers, Autoglym a distant second.
post #29 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 10:00 AM

what Zymol wax do you use Peter?

my detailer mate used the Zymol Glasure on my dads metallic black 996 TT S and i couldnt see any difference to the P21S, other than slightly better beading on the Zymol side

the hand application was a biatch

i wouldnt rank anything off the shelf at Autobarn a second place, there are heaps of better products out there, its just most are put off by the seemingly high price. A tub of P21S will cost you 50 odd bucks vs a bottle of Meguairs at 30, yet the Meguairs will get you 4 coats max, and the P21S will last you a lifetime

i definitely recommend the P21S, application is just too easy, wipe on, immediately wipe off, zero residue
post #30 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 04:37 AM

Whats the best materials to use for applying all these magic lotions ?
Does everyone just use terry cloth (soft towel), or microfibre ?

e.g. Windows -> Cleaner: Windex --> Applicant: paper towels via hand application
Paint Polish -> Cleaner: autoglym dark gloss / p21s wax --> applicant --> terry cloth / microfibre towels via hand application

Also is anyone clued up about cleaning the under body of the car.
What materials are best for this ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement