Fairlady z z33 from france - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

 1Likes
  • 1 Post By carid
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Base Member
 
zafgraf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Fairlady z z33 from france

Hello everyone

I'm konstantin and i live in france. Since sunday I'm the happy owner of a 2004 fairlady z z33 imported from japan always dreamed about having this car and i finally have it!!! It's wonderfull the sensations you get in there

Only mod on the car is a japspeed exhaust whixh sounds just amazing
zafgraf is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 07:44 PM
Grand Touring Member
 
dkmura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,078
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Welcome to the legend of the Z! After seeing what premium fuel costs in Europe, I salute your love of high-performance sportscars. May I ask what it currently costs to fill your tank?
dkmura is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 03:22 AM Thread Starter
Base Member
 
zafgraf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
The price for filling the tank from reserve to full it's about 100€ but I'm goijg to get a e85 reprogrammation next week then, fulling my tank is going to be 50% cheaper than what i have right now
zafgraf is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 04:25 AM
Site Sponsor
 
carid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cranbury, NJ
Posts: 261
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Welcome to the site, it's great when dreams come true. Post some pics for us, when you have a chance.
zafgraf likes this.

Nissan 350Z
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
carid is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 04:29 AM Thread Starter
Base Member
 
zafgraf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by carid View Post
Welcome to the site, it's great when dreams come true. Post some pics for us, when you have a chance.
For the moment it's snowing here so i didn't wanted to take pictures of the car but tomorrow i will clean it and take some pictures
zafgraf is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 12:10 PM
Grand Touring Member
 
dkmura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,078
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zafgraf View Post
The price for filling the tank from reserve to full it's about 100€ but I'm goijg to get a e85 reprogrammation next week then, fulling my tank is going to be 50% cheaper than what i have right now
Incredible- that's almost $114 with the current exchange. We're quite fortunate to have cheap gas pricing here in the States (Jan '19). In my state, premium fuel was at $2.19/gallon, which to my mind is about .71 euro/liter?


As for e85, it seems the cost would be equalized by less MPG from that fuel type. How do you reprogram the Nissan ECM to use that fuel without sacrificing durability?
dkmura is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
Base Member
 
zafgraf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmura View Post
Incredible- that's almost $114 with the current exchange. We're quite fortunate to have cheap gas pricing here in the States (Jan '19). In my state, premium fuel was at $2.19/gallon, which to my mind is about .71 euro/liter?





As for e85, it seems the cost would be equalized by less MPG from that fuel type. How do you reprogram the Nissan ECM to use that fuel without sacrificing durability?
Actually it's a professionnal that's going to do it. But in general, he is goimg to increase the time of injection and decrease the advance so that the engine has the same pressure in the cylinders. Above that, all fuel system can handle the e85 without being unreliable plus in france premium fuel is 1.55€ per liter and e85 is 0.60€
zafgraf is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 06:23 PM
Grand Touring Member
 
dkmura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,078
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zafgraf View Post
Actually it's a professionnal that's going to do it. But in general, he is goimg to increase the time of injection and decrease the advance so that the engine has the same pressure in the cylinders. Above that, all fuel system can handle the e85 without being unreliable plus in france premium fuel is 1.55€ per liter and e85 is 0.60€
Yes, but E85 consumption will increase by 2-3X and how do you prevent the fuel tank lining, accessories and lines from being damaged by the increased alcohol in the fuel?
dkmura is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 04:37 AM Thread Starter
Base Member
 
zafgraf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmura View Post
Yes, but E85 consumption will increase by 2-3X and how do you prevent the fuel tank lining, accessories and lines from being damaged by the increased alcohol in the fuel?
Consumption is higher by 20/30% but all pipes in the car can handle alcohol, it has the same corrosion as gasoline. Only thing to watch out for are the plastics, they can be harmed but it s still safe for the engine if well used
zafgraf is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 03:34 PM
Grand Touring Member
 
dkmura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,078
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Using even a E10 mix with my Titan tow vehicle drops fuel economy by 30-40%. The Titan's VK56DE is a factory flex fuel engine, but I would rather use regular unleaded fuel if available. Good luck on your E85 conversion and let us know how it goes.
dkmura is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome