Hey from Dallas - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
Base Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jgruberman Send a message via MSN to jgruberman Send a message via Yahoo to jgruberman
(Thread Starter)
I'll post from my About Me page... seems that it'll be an easy way to intro myself to everyone.

"Well I started off with a 2008 Honda 600RR Graffiti Edition motorcycle since September in Arizona. I then moved to Dallas, TX and brought it with me. In June, it got stolen right out of my apartment complex. So I've always wanted a 350z because of how sleek they look and just how smooth they are. Amazing looking cars and got a great deal of power and not too pricey for a base level. Sooo opportunity knocks and I got my 03 350z, best theft ever!

Since I really had to dip into my funding to get it, I'm doing mods very slowly and I'm sure I'll re-mod some things that got base level work done. I work full time at AT&T, go to University of Phoenix school online full time, play ice hockey and have time for my friends and my car. So I'm busy, but going to give as much time as I can to this forum because I think it's one of the best car-specific forums I've seen with the forum having so much information coupled by the Wiki, which actually has a lot of useful information.
I got exposed to the underbelly of the Z world by stumbling across the [email protected]$$es over at my350z.com(sorry to offend anyone). They're ridiculously judgmental and don't appreciate a new person asking questions. By the way, YES I'm new and I'll be asking a lot of questions but I'll also be participating where ever I can.

Like I said, I'm glad to be here and I'm glad to be a part of what looks like the best freaking community out here!"

If you don't have the time to do it right,
when will you have time to do it over again?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 11:16 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jinxxycat Send a message via Yahoo to jinxxycat
Welcome to the site, welcome to the Z community and thanks for the enthusiasm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

Good to see mature people gravitate towards this site.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 08:12 PM
Enthusiast Member

Welcome! This is definitely a very friendly site, and everyone is always willing to help out with whatever information they can. Post up some pics of the ride when you get a chance!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 02:02 AM Thread Starter
Base Member

Send a message via AIM to jgruberman Send a message via MSN to jgruberman Send a message via Yahoo to jgruberman
(Thread Starter)
Here's some pics that I got from the iPhone before it took a swim in my toilet.

Night I got it:

After doing some rear end "blacking out":

Better pic after wash and blacking out, black door handles and 08 Dodge Avenger antenna:

In this upcoming week, I'm gonna order a JWT Pop Charger, Blox Plenum Spacer, and an HID conversion kit.

After that, either test pipes or subwoofer/amp(already installed four speakers, Pioneer headunit and Power Acoustik amp)

Then starting to save for wheels/tires, then body kit, then an exhaust(If I don't already have the sound I want from the popcharger and testpipes).

Little things here and there I'm sure.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 01:45 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Welcome! I just got a body kit a few months ago. I would NOT do it again, it can become a nightmare fast. To do it right costs a ton of money that could be better spent somewhere else...like SC or TT. I really wish I would have picked up a lightly used Vortech system instead.

'03 Enthusiast-UpRev-Nismo-VOLK-Stillen-Motordyne-INGS+1-Lightwerkz-Brembo-StopTech-Injen-K&N
275WHP/245WTQ
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Base Member

(Thread Starter)
QUOTE (IDrm350 @ Jul 27 2009, 10:45 AM)
Quote:
Welcome! I just got a body kit a few months ago. I would NOT do it again, it can become a nightmare fast. To do it right costs a ton of money that could be better spent somewhere else...like SC or TT. I really wish I would have picked up a lightly used Vortech system instead.
Let me guess:

Shell out for the kit?
Shell out for the paint/prep?
Shell out for the molding/mounting?

I was thinking about it and it just seemed like so much $$ in the end run.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 07:21 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yep. Replica parts are hit or miss firstly; meaning that there will likely be fitment issues that will require ridiculous fiberglass work. Most of the time they are flimsy and if your body shop doesn't do massive reinforcing, you will get stress cracks in the paint and/or cracks in the fiberglass. If you buy the real thing that fits nicely right out of the box and is strong, they will bend you over and...uh-hmmm, steal everything in your wallet. Body shops are hit or miss too. You get what you pay for, that's important to remember. Even if your not cheap, some can't work fiberglass to save their lives, others can't paint for shit and they just don't care.

The Z has nice lines, I would not bother with a kit and focus on other mods. If you go through with it, budget at least $2500 if you want to get good results.

edit: Or, pick up a used kit in good shape that someone already sunk a bunch of money into. Then, the worst case scenario is that you will need new paint and/or minor repairs.

'03 Enthusiast-UpRev-Nismo-VOLK-Stillen-Motordyne-INGS+1-Lightwerkz-Brembo-StopTech-Injen-K&N
275WHP/245WTQ
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 02:47 PM

So after having the Z for 3 years I finally get around to finding a good forum. Another Noob from Dallas here. Any good car clubs or DFW events I might want to know about?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

QUOTE (Oneshot1001 @ Sep 5 2009, 11:47 AM)
Quote:
So after having the Z for 3 years I finally get around to finding a good forum. Another Noob from Dallas here. Any good car clubs or DFW events I might want to know about?
You picked the right place. I know that Dallas is an active area for Z meets.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement