Newbie Feedback Appreciated - Page 3 - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 158 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 12:01 AM
Enthusiast Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to IndyZGUY
Just for a little reference of what I am talking about, I posted on my local forum for the first time in weeks a couple of days ago. It is slowly progressing into a flame war, a mild one, but still annoying.

http://www.indycarz.com/viewtopic.php?t=30732

my user name is imprezzive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 158 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 03:06 PM
Base Member

excellent site format...btw very nice pics posted by fellow members.
i also appreciate the maturity, less rowdy atmosphere. Good job
post #23 of 158 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 03:10 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to toykilla Send a message via Yahoo to toykilla
Quote:
excellent site format...btw very nice pics posted by fellow members.
i also appreciate the maturity, less rowdy atmosphere. Good job
glad to see our hard work pay off

AIM: jbass350z

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #24 of 158 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 03:53 PM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to JTS2005 Send a message via Yahoo to JTS2005
thx we really appreciate it

[/b]
post #25 of 158 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 04:01 PM
Enthusiast Member

Send a message via AIM to sry110
My current car is a Mazda6 so I am a regular over on mazda6club. While I do prefer most aspects of this board over the 6club, one thing I enjoy about 6club is that the moderators/administrators limit the size of users' signatures to avoid excess clutter and unnecessary scrolling while browsing threads. There doesn't seem to be such a restriction on this board, and I find myself scrolling through lots and lots of repetitive large pictures and animated smilies while reading through the posts.

I don't want to seem ungrateful or point fingers at anyone, but it can be especially cumbersome for a newbie like me who is scouring the site for information and I have to shlog through all of the repetitive animated gifs!

Anyway, that's my only real gripe so far. I do like the shout box and chat room features, and everyone here seems to have a positive disposition. I look forward to taking delivery of my Z and becoming part of the family!

-steve
post #26 of 158 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 04:25 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to toykilla Send a message via Yahoo to toykilla
Quote:
My current car is a Mazda6 so I am a regular over on mazda6club. While I do prefer most aspects of this board over the 6club, one thing I enjoy about 6club is that the moderators/administrators limit the size of users' signatures to avoid excess clutter and unnecessary scrolling while browsing threads. There doesn't seem to be such a restriction on this board, and I find myself scrolling through lots and lots of repetitive large pictures and animated smilies while reading through the posts.

I don't want to seem ungrateful or point fingers at anyone, but it can be especially cumbersome for a newbie like me who is scouring the site for information and I have to shlog through all of the repetitive animated gifs!

Anyway, that's my only real gripe so far. I do like the shout box and chat room features, and everyone here seems to have a positive disposition. I look forward to taking delivery of my Z and becoming part of the family!

-steve
I know what you mean.. if it helps, you can turn off signatures in your control panel and never have to worry about it. That is what I do and its so much better.

AIM: jbass350z

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #27 of 158 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 04:29 PM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to JTS2005 Send a message via Yahoo to JTS2005
also, i'll point out that a sig is only listed once on each page. if someone posts multiple times on the same page, his sig is only listed once

[/b]
post #28 of 158 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 05:07 PM
Enthusiast Member

Send a message via AIM to sry110
Quote:
I know what you mean.. if it helps, you can turn off signatures in your control panel and never have to worry about it. That is what I do and its so much better.
Ahhhh, I forgot about that feature! Thanks for the reminder!

Quote:
also, i'll point out that a sig is only listed once on each page. if someone posts multiple times on the same page, his sig is only listed once
Hmm, never noticed that. For some reason I thought it popped up each time. I'll re-check myself.

EDIT - I just opened up the thread I started about my new Z (in the newbie section labeled 'I took the plunge!'), and every time illz33 posts, for example, his signature comes up. At least it does when I view the thread using my account. Maybe there is also an option, similar to what Toykilla suggested, where I can set it so each sig only shows up once? I do like to see people's signatures, just not so many times!

-steve
post #29 of 158 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 04:47 PM
Base Member

Send a message via Yahoo to nissanwarranty
Newbie Feedback Appreciated

Tell us what you think of 350z-tech

>>Is it better than you expected?

Yes, I enjoy the wiki pages in addition to the members input on the forum. Definately a growing resource for 350z fanatics.

>>Would you visit us daily?

Yes, however I would like the ability to see notifications of new topics via email. This would allow me to participate in responses with more knowledgeable and timely information.

>>Are you getting Welcomed by fellow members?

The veterans, yes.

>>Are you getting the technical info you need for your car?

Wiki Pages.. tons.

>>Would you recommned us to others?

Already have, good source for info for my 350z enthusiast customers.

>> Also, what would you want changed about the site, if there is anything? (JTS2005)

As content increases, separate G35 and GTR into their own respective sites.

Keep up the good work JTS2005, your doing a fine job of creating a 350z community online.

post #30 of 158 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 10:35 AM
Base Member

I think the site is FANTASTIC gonna be a Z owner as soon as I find one I want. I have been through almost everything and the content is great and not garbage and I am ready to start modding the Z the day I get it based on tons of great ideas, parts, pictures and everything the site has provided for me. Keep up the good work!!! I am here everyday looking for new stuff and ideas. Also, the members of this forum are really great and there seems to be a free share of opinions and ideas without discrimination which is extremely hard to find in a forum with this many members. Thanks again and glad to be a part of the board and looking forward to being a bigger part when I get the Z. THANKS AGAIN!!

Jay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement