someone should post a video...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 10:15 AM
Performance Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
im find it quite hard unless under hard braking.

light flywheel + turbo = very quick to rev. around town its almost impossible.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 11:36 AM
Touring Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I have used the heel-toe technique for years and found it slightly difficult in my Z. I bought some pedal covers from www.Autovation.net and have had no problems since installation. Here is a pic of my pedals.

Les

[attachment=25794:Pedals_s...l_111005.jpg]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pedals_small_111005.jpg
Views:	790
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	43880  

Not everyone who lost his life in Vietnam died there. Not everyone who came home from Vietnam ever left there.

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 12:39 PM
Base Member

i do not encounter a problem with the heel and toe technique sometimes is require to roll a bit.

the reason why the brake pedal is so far foward than the accelerator is to accomplish the treshhold braking in the sport car alltough it be really usefull if you had stiffer brakes and a bit of work in the braking hardwares.

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 12:42 PM
Base Member

i will try to put a video of me heel and towing so you guys could get a better idea
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 02:03 PM
Enthusiast Member

^ PROVE IT lol

"Making everyday drivers into mechanics since 1989".

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
ALL SUPPORTING MODS-Megan racing turbo back, afc neo, BIG16g turbo, SBR manifold, 44mm Tial external wastegate, Greedy RS BOV, Walbro 190lph , 650cc injecters, 2G MAF, stage 1 clutch.....MORE TO COME

"I call her Thug Nasty"

2003 Nissan 350Z
MOD-Tanabe GF210 springs, Tokiko Blue, S2000 antenna, Rotas P45R +20 18X9.5 255/40/18 275/40/18. [email protected] drop in
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 09:38 PM
Base Member

QUOTE (DimondStarMotors @ Nov 13 2008, 12:03 PM)
Quote:
^ PROVE IT lol
will do will do sir lol i even threw some rev matching there lol.

but there is only one little little prob does anyone know how i can post the videos here ? lol. sorry im such a noob
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 09:42 PM
Grand Touring Member

QUOTE (cycodelico @ Nov 13 2008, 07:38 PM)
Quote:
will do will do sir lol i even threw some rev matching there lol.

but there is only one little little prob does anyone know how i can post the videos here ? lol. sorry im such a noob

hmmm....int...er...est...ing

the main reasons of heel-toe is rev matching while braking so how do you suppose to throw in some rev-matching if you're heel-toeing already? kinda condescending don't ya think?

AAM ► Amsoil ► AEM ► APS ► Hawk ► Ingalls ► G2 ► Greddy ► Gauge Hut ► JL Audio ► JVD Graphics ► JWT ► Lamin-X ► Meguiar's ► Motordyne ► Motul ► Nismo ► NGK ► Pioneer ► Rota RotoPros ► SPC Stance Techna Fit ► TiTek ► UR Z1 Performance ► ZeetoyZ ► Z-Speed Z-Xtreme

Quote:
You know what Super Black owners call PPW???

Primer.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 02:21 AM
Enthusiast Member

Thats probably what he means

"Making everyday drivers into mechanics since 1989".

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
ALL SUPPORTING MODS-Megan racing turbo back, afc neo, BIG16g turbo, SBR manifold, 44mm Tial external wastegate, Greedy RS BOV, Walbro 190lph , 650cc injecters, 2G MAF, stage 1 clutch.....MORE TO COME

"I call her Thug Nasty"

2003 Nissan 350Z
MOD-Tanabe GF210 springs, Tokiko Blue, S2000 antenna, Rotas P45R +20 18X9.5 255/40/18 275/40/18. [email protected] drop in
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 07:42 PM
Base Member

QUOTE (Z you later @ Nov 13 2008, 08:42 PM)
Quote:
hmmm....int...er...est...ing

the main reasons of heel-toe is rev matching while braking so how do you suppose to throw in some rev-matching if you're heel-toeing already? kinda condescending don't ya think?
its funny how in the forums people are always looking for every little word just to comment on and make the person that posted seem dumb lol this is worst than a presidential campaign well even though i still think all you guys are awsome.

well rev matching and heel and toe are 2 different techniques used in 2 different situations. so what i meant i threw both techniques in the video so you guys can see the way i do them in my z.

heel and toe - used mostly in racing to take a turn without losing the strongest part of the power band of the engine and in a sense taking the turn faster.there are 3 steps in taking a turn 1. turn in 2.carry out 3.exit the turn which in the exit is where you can gain the most adventage in the sense of shortening your lap times. the reason why you heel and toe in the turn in is to accomplish hard braking called treshhold braking (braking right to the point before your wheel lock) while the speed of the car decreases your rpms also do so you blip the throtle on the car for 2 reasons 1 make the downshift smoother during hard braking and 2 keep the engine in the best power band so you can manage a good carry out in the turn and definetelly good reaction in the exit of the turn.

rev matching - simply when you want to downshift without using the brake of the car this technique will make the downshift way more smooth by raising the rpms to match the lower gear selection (drifters use this technique somethimes) this technique is used in racing very very limited maybe to correct a gear possition to gain the upper hand toward the guy thast in front of you rarelly to work for a past or to just correct any minimun mistake.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement