Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 05:56 AM
blue660r01

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
I can maybe understand once even though its kinda stupid/pointless

Just try to keep it to the track for now on so you dont risk the safety of any innocent people

Seems you got your info though (kick Italys ass in EURO08 )

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 05:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
QUOTE (scenehouser @ Jun 1 2008, 01:50 AM)
Quote:
you guys are right it's stupid to drive that hard on a public road.
it wasn't planned, it just happened and it won't happen again.
i live in the netherlands btw.
You'll do it again. We all get that itch and open up our cars. However isn't the Netherlands a wet country? Meaning there tends to be rain and/or ice on the roads more often than being dry? This choice of reaching those speeds was just a poor judgement. Try to keep it to the track. Never know when that "Oh Shit!" factor is gonna happen.

'03 HRE 350Z TT Sold
'12 Forgeline G37S Daily
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 12:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
QUOTE (scenehouser @ Jun 1 2008, 02:50 AM)
Quote:
you guys are right it's stupid to drive that hard on a public road.
it wasn't planned, it just happened and it won't happen again.
i live in the netherlands btw.

now this i do understand from my experience with the autobahn. if you do not drive fast you get ran over basically and the other drivers do not care. just like i mentioned earlier, it take s some getting use to high-speed braking just do not try to learn it all at once. but the good thing is you learned what not to do.

2013 370Z w/Sport Package, Midnight Blue

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 12:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
QUOTE (Robert_K @ Jun 2 2008, 02:52 AM)
Quote:
You'll do it again. We all get that itch and open up our cars. However isn't the Netherlands a wet country? Meaning there tends to be rain and/or ice on the roads more often than being dry? This choice of reaching those speeds was just a poor judgement. Try to keep it to the track. Never know when that "Oh Shit!" factor is gonna happen.

so is germany, but the road quality is a lot better than here.

2013 370Z w/Sport Package, Midnight Blue
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Grand Touring Member

QUOTE (illz33 @ May 31 2008, 09:43 PM)
Quote:
You pressed the brake pedal too hard.

He deserves to be flamed for going 150+ on a public road.
+1 you never wanna use brake pressure as you do in daily highway driving...you can lightly pulse the brakes, which i find works pretty good but i don't have brembos on mine, or for your brembos you can just add very light pressure and see how it reacts. you just need to learn your car OFF the road on ON a track.

you do deserve a huge flaming for this action but that's not what this site is about..and one of the reasons many on here don't venture to "that" site. we have all been guilty of giving our car it's exercise but just be safe about it next time

AAM ► Amsoil ► AEM ► APS ► Hawk ► Ingalls ► G2 ► Greddy ► Gauge Hut ► JL Audio ► JVD Graphics ► JWT ► Lamin-X ► Meguiar's ► Motordyne ► Motul ► Nismo ► NGK ► Pioneer ► Rota RotoPros ► SPC Stance Techna Fit ► TiTek ► UR Z1 Performance ► ZeetoyZ ► Z-Speed Z-Xtreme

Quote:
You know what Super Black owners call PPW???

Primer.
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 02:30 AM
Enthusiast Member

when my father got his 911S (997) he called me a few times a week to tell me stories about hitting certain triple digit speeds while on certain on ramps, turns, etc and he's a real straight-lace guy (don't really want to say what he does, legal reasons for his sake)...so everyone has their fun with their toys

glad to see you're enjoying your car

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead"
-buffett
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 06:24 AM
Grand Touring Member

yea like i said, if you have a SPORTS car on the road, you will eventually test it out...i'm guilty of it myself...the biggest things everyone here is saying is be RESPONSIBLE about it and if you think you can't handle it, take it to the track or a class so you can learn what your car can and can't do

AAM ► Amsoil ► AEM ► APS ► Hawk ► Ingalls ► G2 ► Greddy ► Gauge Hut ► JL Audio ► JVD Graphics ► JWT ► Lamin-X ► Meguiar's ► Motordyne ► Motul ► Nismo ► NGK ► Pioneer ► Rota RotoPros ► SPC Stance Techna Fit ► TiTek ► UR Z1 Performance ► ZeetoyZ ► Z-Speed Z-Xtreme

Quote:
You know what Super Black owners call PPW???

Primer.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 11:36 AM
Grand Touring Member

QUOTE (scenehouser @ May 31 2008, 09:16 AM)
Quote:
hey guys,

i picked up my '03 350Z (brembo) a week ago so i'm still getting to know the car and yesterday at the freeway i had a strange experience.

for the first time i was really flooring it and at around 150-155 mph someone far ahead of me switches to my lane so i start braking and the car begins to go all over the place.

it's hard to explain in words but it felt kinda like hydroplaning. i just couldn't keep the car dead straight. i just kept my cool, kept braking just hard enough not to hit the car infront of me at made very little adjustments in steering without forcing anything. i actually went outside of the lane i was driving on. it was "floating" that much.

is this normal with braking at high speed? what could have caused it?

i had my wheels aligned today and they said my wheels were almost aligned perfectly so that can't be it.

thnx,

reinier
Trying bleeding out the brakes...if you have any air in a line to one or more corners your car will pull badly.....Have a tech check your computer...maybe your ABS is malfunctioning.....Get more seat time before driving at race speeds. Speed doesn't kill, inexperience does. Take it to the track

Factory Five Cobra Levy Racing Built
Stage 3 Levy racing 347
Baer racing brakes
Four corner coil overs
Halibrand wheels
0 to 60 3.5 sec, 160 MPH Top End.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 350Z-6 spd Chrome Silver Touring
GTM built forged motor, STS Single turbo
Willwood BBK (6 pot & 4 pot) Hotchkis Swaybars
Eibach Pro's & Koni's Probuilt Flywheel & 6 puck clutch
AEM & Autometer gauges 350Z source bumber
BCR harness bar /impact racing 6 point harness
Carbon Fiber TS rear diffuser
Mahadi 19's 245Frnt, 275Rear T1R's (street)
ROTA 18's 265Frnt, 285Rear BFG R1's (Track)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Performance Member

QUOTE (scenehouser @ May 31 2008, 09:16 AM)
Quote:
hey guys,

i picked up my '03 350Z (brembo) a week ago so i'm still getting to know the car and yesterday at the freeway i had a strange experience.

for the first time i was really flooring it and at around 150-155 mph someone far ahead of me switches to my lane so i start braking and the car begins to go all over the place.

it's hard to explain in words but it felt kinda like hydroplaning. i just couldn't keep the car dead straight. i just kept my cool, kept braking just hard enough not to hit the car infront of me at made very little adjustments in steering without forcing anything. i actually went outside of the lane i was driving on. it was "floating" that much.

is this normal with braking at high speed? what could have caused it?

i had my wheels aligned today and they said my wheels were almost aligned perfectly so that can't be it.

thnx,

reinier
Other things you might want to check are that your wheels are properly balanced and that you don't have warped brake rotors. Do you feel any vibration in the pedal under braking? This is tip that you may have some warping.

Good luck and be safe!

"A squealing tire is a happy tire."
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Base Member

a lot of things could effect a car during braking and they are more noticeable in high speed braking,

1. weight transfer (suspension)
2. pressure in baraking (type of brakes)

when you go to this kind of speeds most of the weigh is concentrated in the back tires, i will guess that by the description of your situation you kind of had a panic reaction and brake too hard to upset the weight transfer (too fast to the front) leaving the back of the car too light causing it to fishtail a bit but you did good to recover.

the trick is to brake smooth and presice you will gain this with practice and getting to know your car better, the new brake kit will definetelly shorten the brake distance in which you will get from 150 to 0 but no matter which type of brakes you got good braking habits are the way to go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread