[How To] clean the window motor - Page 2 - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Okay, I went ahead and removed the assembly by twisting it out like voodoo suggested. Just keep turning it left until it comes out.

I saw that it was pretty dirty down there, so I used a tee shirt to clean out the gunk. I didn't want to mess up my dremel. I also blasted it with some compressed air and got some chunks of grease to blow out of there.

As for the rotor assembly, I sprayed that bottom part down with WD40 and used a toothbrush to clean it. Then I used more WD40 to wash it off, after which I sprayed it clean with the air compressor. It was shiny!

After I made sure everything was clean and ready to go back in, I reassembled everything in reverse order. The window works again! I'm hoping that this lasts a lot longer than the last time. At least now I know that the rotor can be removed and cleaned.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 63 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 04:44 PM
Base Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i just want to know if this happened to anyone else....after i did this to my passenger side window this morning right after i assembled it, it worked like a charm. it was actually working better than the d/s one. but the only thing is sometimes it wont work at all and i have to bang in the spot of the motor to get it to work. does it sound like theres a loose wire or something because i cleaned the HELL out of it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 63 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
No, that hasn't happened to me. It might need a second cleaning. Take it apart when you have time and check the connections.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin

post #14 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
Well, I took it apart again for the 3rd time to clean it. The motor was working great for a little longer after the 2nd cleaning, but it looks like I might have to buy a new motor. For some reason, it won't even work this time.

post #15 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008, 06:03 AM
Base Member

For those having intermittant operation problems. after you take the motor out there are 2 spring loaded contacts one on each side. clean those with electronics cleaner by spraying, air blasting and pushing them in and out until you have full spring motion. they should come out quite far once clean. then have a fun time getting the piece back in.

Dont tell my mom I'm a gunpilot, she thinks I'm a pianist in a whore house.
post #16 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-31-2008, 11:27 AM
Base Member

is it true the only motor u can get for the 350z is from nissan? there isnt a generic motor i can get at advanced or something like that? what about out of an old maxima or altima at a junkyard?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 09:48 AM
Base Member

You can get them from autozone. They are made by cardone , they cost roughly $140 + a $40 core charge.

Dont tell my mom I'm a gunpilot, she thinks I'm a pianist in a whore house.
post #18 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 07:31 PM

QUOTE (mercury9180 @ Jul 27 2008, 02:44 PM)
Quote:
i just want to know if this happened to anyone else....after i did this to my passenger side window this morning right after i assembled it, it worked like a charm. it was actually working better than the d/s one. but the only thing is sometimes it wont work at all and i have to bang in the spot of the motor to get it to work. does it sound like theres a loose wire or something because i cleaned the HELL out of it.

How did you get passenger side door panel off? I did the driver's side window with no problems but when I tried to take the passenger side door panel off to repeat the procedure I can't get the panel off. It seems like its hung up by the door handle pull. There must be a hidden screw that's keeping the handle in place. I remove the two screws under the passenger side control panel but that last screw is giving me headaches because I can't even see where it is. HELP!
post #19 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 10:56 PM

QUOTE (jollyroger713 @ Sep 7 2008, 05:31 PM)
Quote:
How did you get passenger side door panel off? I did the driver's side window with no problems but when I tried to take the passenger side door panel off to repeat the procedure I can't get the panel off. It seems like its hung up by the door handle pull. There must be a hidden screw that's keeping the handle in place. I remove the two screws under the passenger side control panel but that last screw is giving me headaches because I can't even see where it is. HELP!

Ok, I figured out how to remove the passenger door panel by following the speaker installation instructions in another thread on this site. I'll paste in the instructions for others to follow in case it helps.

Per "Tutorial:Front Speaker Installation", the passenger door removes in a similar fashion [as the driver door] with one exception, the vertical door handle. Using a small pick tool or flathead screwdriver, carefully pry out the top portion of the aluminum handle covering. Once it is far enough out to get a grip on, pull it off of the door perpendicular to the door panel's surface. This will expose 2 deep cavities that house 2 10mm bolts. Using a 10mm socket and a long extension, remove these 2 bolts. After you have removed the bolts, pull the handle out. It may seem tight, but will come out with a little force. The rest of the door panel removal is the same as the driver's side.

post #20 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-20-2008, 01:28 PM

SmoothZ - You missed a tool.....I can't tell you how long I worked on this project until I realized the absentee tool......3 x 12 oz. Mooseheads....may take other users more or less and remember less is more....Muhahaha.....Your pictoral was RIGHT ON! So I can take this project off my list of stuff I can get too....tomorrow! Thanks LT

I do not use spel chec I think it is over rated......Muhahaha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement