I wrecked my front end this morning! - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
cp2
Base Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I wrecked my front end this morning! Damnit! Anyone know a GOOD body shop in or close to Reston? I messed up my right headlight, bumper, and hood. The ran into the backside of a pickup truck going about 15mph. The dude faked me. There was a right on red at Baron Cameron and Leesburg Pike. The other guy made like he was going to pull out to make the right turn. I turned my head to see if it was ok for me to go and it seemed like it was. So, I gas before I look back straight and BAM! Right into his rear end. USAA auto insurance should help me. So, again...anyone know a good bodyshop in or close to Reston, Virginia?
cp2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 09:10 AM
Grand Touring Member
 
etraxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lugoff, SC
Posts: 3,860
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to etraxx Send a message via Yahoo to etraxx
QUOTE (CP2 @ May 12 2008, 06:07 AM)
Quote:
I wrecked my front end this morning! Damnit! Anyone know a GOOD body shop in or close to Reston? I messed up my right headlight, bumper, and hood. The ran into the backside of a pickup truck going about 15mph. The dude faked me. There was a right on red at Baron Cameron and Leesburg Pike. The other guy made like he was going to pull out to make the right turn. I turned my head to see if it was ok for me to go and it seemed like it was. So, I gas before I look back straight and BAM! Right into his rear end. USAA auto insurance should help me. So, again...anyone know a good bodyshop in or close to Reston?
Sorry to hear that. You shouldn't have any problems with USAA .. they have a very good rep.

Socrates: "I drank .. wat?"
my Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


- a Klansman is a Nazi in sheets clothing -
etraxx is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
cp2
Base Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Yeah, thats what I hear. This is my first fender bender, so any info you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated. Damn. I'm 27 and I got my first fender bender. Must be kinda lucky. I guess the rain doesn't really help though.
cp2 is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 10:12 AM
Moderator
 
Robert_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,562
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry to hear about that. Nismo V2 & '06+ Bi-HIDs coming your way?

'03 HRE 350Z TT Sold
'12 Forgeline G37S Daily
Robert_K is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
cp2
Base Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
QUOTE (Robert_K @ May 12 2008, 08:12 AM)
Quote:
Sorry to hear about that. Nismo V2 & '06+ Bi-HIDs coming your way?
Haha, ya know, that would be nice. I doubt it though. Those Bi-HIDs can be pricey. If I go to the right shop, I'll see if I can work out something being that the insurance will be paying for in anyways. How ould I go about getting these through the body shop though?
cp2 is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 01:01 PM
Moderator
 
Robert_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,562
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The body shop need to total out the part and mention it would be cheaper to replace with Bi-Hids andV2 Bumper. IE: My Evo was hailed on. The body shop totaled my OEM Evo hood and from Mitsu cost $1200. However I had them order a Seibon CF OEM hood for $600 and they wrote me a check for the remaining $600.

'03 HRE 350Z TT Sold
'12 Forgeline G37S Daily
Robert_K is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
cp2
Base Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
QUOTE (Robert_K @ May 12 2008, 11:01 AM)
Quote:
The body shop need to total out the part and mention it would be cheaper to replace with Bi-Hids andV2 Bumper. IE: My Evo was hailed on. The body shop totaled my OEM Evo hood and from Mitsu cost $1200. However I had them order a Seibon CF OEM hood for $600 and they wrote me a check for the remaining $600.
Hmmm. I'm not up on my $$$ figures, but how much would the V2 and Bi-Hid lights cost vs the stock lights and bumper? Also, I only mess up one light. and the light is still in working condition. it's just dislodged from the housing.
cp2 is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 02:48 PM
Enthusiast Member
 
Mdracer76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NoVa
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Mdracer76
ouch.. damn that sucks :(


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Sponsored by: // Meguiars // Nitrous Express // K&N // Invidia // GT-Spec // BC Racing //Function Tuned//
Mdracer76 is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
cp2
Base Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
QUOTE (Mdracer76 @ May 13 2008, 12:48 PM)
Quote:
ouch.. damn that sucks :(
Hey, mdracer, weren't or arent you on my350z.com?
cp2 is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 03:19 PM
Enthusiast Member
 
superchargedg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: maryland
Posts: 151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
QUOTE (CP2 @ May 13 2008, 01:12 PM)
Quote:
Hey, mdracer, weren't or arent you on my350z.com?
Yes he is and we are in the mid-a section.

Nothing but a turbonator.
superchargedg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome