LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Performance Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Good morning,

In two weeks, Grand Am Cup again returns to Mid-Ohio (arguably the best road coarse in the states). Remember last year the 350Z's whipped the Porsches to take first and third.

Well, we are going back and would like to invite everyone to join us. Buff (Bill), Brooke, my brother, and I are all going. The races are on August 27th and 28th. On Saturday the 27th, we will probably go down around 3PM to catch the Grand Am qualifying and then the Rolex race at 5:30PM. On Sunday, we will head down around noon for the Grand Am Cup race at 1PM. We always sit on the infield hill overlooking turn 4, 5, and 6 (just below the large pine trees). If you come late, just meet us there. Also, make sure to park in the infield so you don't have to walk far.

Here is a link to the race schedule:
http://www.grandamerican.com/Content/DOCS/...hedule%20v2.pdf

Buy a weekend pass for $25 and get a FREE PADDOCK PASS! Thats right, get upclose to the cars and the drivers. You can even meet BJ Zacharias of 350EVO fame:
http://www.midohio.com/products.asp?cat=17 (use second form down for the weekend pass).

For those that were going to the Mid-Ohio cruise with Buff, it is going to be postponed due to the race. So, Jinxxy, PerfZ, Sluggo, Mike and everyone else should now come to the race instead. Let us know if your coming and we will setup specific meeting times and locations. If you decide to come at the last moment, you can find me by looking for the idiot waving the NISMO RACING flag. Or just call my cell phone at 216-526-1675.

Take care y'all!

peptidbond
350Z Track in Daytona Blue (#16,962)
Engine: Crawford plenum, UTEC with tuner wideband and in dash gauge
Transmission: Z1 motorsports flywheel, JWT clutch, B&M Short Shifter version 2
Intake: Injen short ram intake, K&N cone filter
Exhaust: Crawford headers, Kinetix cats, Borla true dual exhaust
Brakes: Track model Brembos, Stoptech two-piece rotors front and rear, Pads: Hawk HP+ track, Hawk HPS street, Ate blue racing fluid, Goodridge stainless braided lines
Wheels/Suspension: BBS RSR 18", Kuhmo Ecsta MX tires, Cusco A-arms, Stillen rear toe arms, RSR Ti2000 springs, Hotchkis sways
Interior: Complete stereo swap, iPod stereo integration, and dynamat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I live too far!!! Love that course, really wish I could go. Can somebody give me the winning lotto numbers for the next powerball?

So this is an open invitation to everyone in the country? Road trip!

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
Performance Member

(Thread Starter)
Road trip away. We even have a spare bedroom, so if someone, say from Minnesota, needs a room???

Dave, I just priced a ticket from MSP to CLE round trip. You could come down for $233. For another $25, you could be at the races with us! Flight would leave Saturday morning and have you back in MSP by 8:00PM Sunday. Not a bad trip at all. Plus, the airport is on the way to the race, so we would be happy to pick you up.

peptidbond
Brakes: Track model Brembos, Stoptech two-piece rotors front and rear, Pads: Hawk HP+ track, Hawk HPS street, Ate blue racing fluid, Goodridge stainless braided lines
Wheels/Suspension: BBS RSR 18", Kuhmo Ecsta MX tires, Cusco A-arms, Stillen rear toe arms, RSR Ti2000 springs, Hotchkis sways

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by peptidbond@Aug 15 2005, 10:49 AM
[b]Road trip away. We even have a spare bedroom, so if someone, say from Minnesota, needs a room???

Dave, I just priced a ticket from MSP to CLE round trip. You could come down for $233. For another $25, you could be at the races with us! Flight would leave Saturday morning and have you back in MSP by 8:00PM Sunday. Not a bad trip at all. Plus, the airport is on the way to the race, so we would be happy to pick you up.
[snapback]145675[/snapback]
Don't tempt me (please do)! There is something going on that weekend here, but a trip to CLE might be in order. I'll have to sweet talk someone and see what's going on. I might not be able to bring my own Z, but hanging with you guys will be a blast.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 02:28 PM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to jinxxycat Send a message via Yahoo to jinxxycat
OK, I am confused to no end. I thought you guys were doing a "run" on Sat the 27th? Sounds like fun Hunter, don't know if I can make it, trying to get onto the track on friday at BeaveRun for open lapping.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Performance Member

(Thread Starter)
Jinxxy, I already ran this by Bill and he is postponing the run. Instead, we are going to the race.

I read your thread about the lapping at BeaveRun. Just come on over to the races the next day. If you are lapping on the 26th, there is no reason you can't come to the races on the evening of the 27th and afternoon of the 28th.

Dave, do whatever you have to to come down. We will treat you big time. Afterall, we are bringing a "Zdayz" sized cooler to the races and I am even going to bring Senior Coleman. Haven't met Sn. Coleman?!?! You will like him, trust me.

DAVE, YOU GOTTA COME!!!

peptidbond
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 12:06 AM
Base Member

uhhh, sounds sooo good to see the race. I live about 45 min to Mid Ohio.
Well I guess I have to check my schedule & work little more to see this one. I have to bring few guys with me for this race, if I could make it! (Wish I could drive my Z, hehehe)

04 Daytona Blue Z 6M
Injen CAI
Greddy EVO2
Helix Test Pipe
Volk SF-Challenge 19x8.5 & 9.5 with Potenza SO-3's
TEIN FLEX W/EDFC
15% Window Tint
CompuStar Security System
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Performance Member

(Thread Starter)
ZSUNSUN, definitely come and bring the Z. As I mentioned before, just drive over the bridge into the infield and look for the other Zs. We should be pretty easy to find.

peptidbond
Sponsored Links
Advertisement