User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Yeah, that's rhetorical. I've got lots of fishing and swimming planned, plus I'm ready to try some of the local food. I'm also looking forward to Sonic!

I'll be there this Sunday to the following Sunday, so I have plenty of time to see the sites. Some friends and their kids are caravaning with us, and my in-laws are meeting us there. This means I'm going to have some free baby-sitting, so I get to go out and explore the area.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I want to rent a boat for Table Rock. I also want to find a go-kart track.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 01:56 AM
Base Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you are taking the Z find time to take my favorite highway in the midwest. Head south on MO-65 into Arkansas and take Scenic Highway 7. It is full of switchbacks as it follows the mountain tops. Very few people out that way so you rarely see another car heading the same direction. I found it in Car and Driver's top ten roads in America. The northern end has more twisties and is more scenic.

http://www.arkansas.com/things-to-do/sceni...s-scenic-7.aspx

Don't waste you money on the Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede. I did this to make the wife happy at the Branson-Z-fest but I found it too hokey. I am sure the kids would enjoy it more than I did.

Here is a link to the Branson Z fest. http://www.bransonzfest.com/entertainment.php

Be sure to hit the go kart tracks. The wooden one is the best. The neat thing about Branson is everything is on one street Hwy 76, but it also gets congested in the late afternoon up until shows start at 7 pm. If you like county music you will love this place. I few old rock bands are showing up at American Bandstand now.

2007 350Z Enthusiast 6 spd
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 09:08 AM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to jinxxycat Send a message via Yahoo to jinxxycat
this looks awesome Dave http://directory.branson.com/listing/the_t..._fun_parks.html

Since 1981, families have had the fastest fun in town at The Track Family Fun Parks. Of course, with 11 different go-kart tracks at 5 locations in Branson, you’re never very far from the fun!

Best of all, there are go-karts for all ages. Kids can have their first test drive starting at age 4. On the other extreme, you’ve got Wild Woody and The LumberJack, Missouri’s only two multi-level wooden go-kart tracks. These three- and four-story tracks combine the excitement of go-karts and wooden roller coasters!

All of The Track locations offer much more than just go-karts. You’ll find the total package of family entertainment you’re looking for, including bumper boats, bumper cars, mini golf, kids’ rides, thrill rides, arcades, food, and more. Kids Kountry (at Track 3) offers rides exclusively for ages 2 and up.

By the way, you can enjoy all of this fun with no gate admission charge. You just pay for what you ride. That means parents can watch their kids for free. Of course, odds are that parents won’t want to watch. At The Track, everybody acts like a kid!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 09:59 AM
Touring Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ditto on all the top things. Also, one of the largest Bass Pro Shops is up the road in Springfield. They have an awesome museum with like every wild animal you could ever imagine, stuffed!

I think their is an amusement park in Branson as well. I went there before, wasn't too bad...

Got triplets?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
Thanks, Mike. I'll definitely hit the bass shop and find some goodies for my tackle box.

As for Dolly Parton and country music, those things I'll avoid like the plague. I'll definitely check out the kart tracks.

I think I'm going to need to buy a video camera. I want to see how my 3 year old handles a kart, if they let him. If not, he's going to be hell on Earth. That kid loves cars and all things related to them.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
tick tock.... 3 more days!

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
Well, that was fun! I got to drive on the wooden kart track. Took all 3 of my boys for a ride. I refused to go see any shows. I had a ton of other things to do like swim, fish, eat, and shop.

Springfield was cool because of Bass Pro Shops. I spent some money there for some new fishing gear. We had lunch in the restaurant there. I think it's funny that people go there to go people watching or show off trophy wives and the latest plastic mods.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement