LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
The fall of Forged Performance

I don't think this can be swept under the rug. I am really tired of reading about shops ripping people off, NO ONE can be trusted in this game. If you can't do it yourself, just don't do it...

It's a long read, but probably worth the time. Sad, I was just talking to Sharif about getting a re-tune for my car. Definitely not going to happen now...

Forged Performance - My Story - MY350Z.COM Forums

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Daily Driver (65k miles): APS Intercooled TT, Built Motor, Arias, Eagle, HKS, UTEC, Deutschworks, Wilwood BBK, MB Weapons, Nito NT 555RII, ACT clutch, Fidanza flywheel, KW Variant 3 coilovers, Hotchkis sways, Cusco control arms, Authentic JDM Spec Nismo V2 body kit, Z Speed, Quiafe, HID, AIT R1 Hood, HKS EVC, HKS Hi Flow, custom 3" TD exhaust, APS 3.5" down pipes, GReddy, Defi, AEM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I read the many threads and posts. Sadly, a lot of the threads keep getting deleted for whatever reason. I would like to think people are allowed to post their experiences and let others choose for themselves whether to believe them or not.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #3 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothz View Post
I read the many threads and posts. Sadly, a lot of the threads keep getting deleted for whatever reason. I would like to think people are allowed to post their experiences and let others choose for themselves whether to believe them or not.
Ya, well this one seems extremely well documented. I really like to believe the best in people, and I have always held Sharif in the highest of regards, but I am having a pretty hard time excusing what happened in that thread. MAYBE there is another side to the story, and I would love to hear it, but it's not looking good to me...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Daily Driver (65k miles): APS Intercooled TT, Built Motor, Arias, Eagle, HKS, UTEC, Deutschworks, Wilwood BBK, MB Weapons, Nito NT 555RII, ACT clutch, Fidanza flywheel, KW Variant 3 coilovers, Hotchkis sways, Cusco control arms, Authentic JDM Spec Nismo V2 body kit, Z Speed, Quiafe, HID, AIT R1 Hood, HKS EVC, HKS Hi Flow, custom 3" TD exhaust, APS 3.5" down pipes, GReddy, Defi, AEM

post #4 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 08:27 PM
Touring Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
post #5 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z1NONLY View Post
Ya I read the whole thread... IMO, posting a bill from another shop and pointing blame does not fix the problem... but that's just what I think...

post #6 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator

There was the same thread on a 370 site. It got locked down with a ton of stuff either deleted or the thread was moved someplace.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #7 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 08:37 PM
Super Moderator

I remember when Sharif first started out as an enthusiast. When one gets too big in the britches, one has a lot of answering to do.

I tend to agree with you, Willy. Blaming it on someone else sucks when it should have been resolved right away.

That excuse about bent rods or whatever is a bit lame for a brand new G.

I like being NA.

post #8 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothz View Post
I remember when Sharif first started out as an enthusiast. When one gets too big in the britches, one has a lot of answering to do.

I tend to agree with you, Willy. Blaming it on someone else sucks when it should have been resolved right away.

That excuse about bent rods or whatever is a bit lame for a brand new G.

I like being NA.
+1, the car was all but straight from the lot. The other side of the story just looks pretty thin from where I'm sitting...

post #9 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator

We need cliff notes.

post #10 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 08:47 PM
Touring Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought Sharif took responsibility for much of the damage in his post.

I don't think it excuses anything, but the second shop the car was taken to does not seem to be a disinterested or objective party.

I hope this guy gets his stuff fixed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement