The fall of Forged Performance - Page 3 - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
My car was like one of the very first ones Dave did as "Function Tuned" ... before he even had his shop, it was pretty cool... long drive for me though...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Daily Driver (65k miles): APS Intercooled TT, Built Motor, Arias, Eagle, HKS, UTEC, Deutschworks, Wilwood BBK, MB Weapons, Nito NT 555RII, ACT clutch, Fidanza flywheel, KW Variant 3 coilovers, Hotchkis sways, Cusco control arms, Authentic JDM Spec Nismo V2 body kit, Z Speed, Quiafe, HID, AIT R1 Hood, HKS EVC, HKS Hi Flow, custom 3" TD exhaust, APS 3.5" down pipes, GReddy, Defi, AEM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Of course, there's plenty of shops around me that could work on my car.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #23 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 10:10 AM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to jinxxycat Send a message via Yahoo to jinxxycat
I'm sorry but I personally think it's unfair to be bashing on someone that is not even on this site to defend themselves. Like it was said, there are two sides to every story, and everyone that has been in business for themselves (as I have) knows that there is always room for error, and it's up to the business owners to fix their wrong doings. No one is perfect. I don't know what happened and I don't intend to read that ish but I do think that if there is to be a discussion it needs to be between both parties involved, or lawyers as the case may be. NOT hashed out on a public forum where NEITHER party is involved in the discussion. Lawyers are involved, that should be the end of discussion IMO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #24 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
ok, close the thread then

Daily Driver (65k miles): APS Intercooled TT, Built Motor, Arias, Eagle, HKS, UTEC, Deutschworks, Wilwood BBK, MB Weapons, Nito NT 555RII, ACT clutch, Fidanza flywheel, KW Variant 3 coilovers, Hotchkis sways, Cusco control arms, Authentic JDM Spec Nismo V2 body kit, Z Speed, Quiafe, HID, AIT R1 Hood, HKS EVC, HKS Hi Flow, custom 3" TD exhaust, APS 3.5" down pipes, GReddy, Defi, AEM
post #25 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 10:27 AM
Grand Touring Member

I think that for anyone to think that this is the first time something like this happened at FP or any of their trusted shops is naive, there is no way for all shops to have 100% satisfaction it is all in how you deal with it when it does happen.

Having been in this business a bit it is a tough business and really do not know why people get into it, parts pricing is whored out all over the internet so parts profit is small, labor gets negotiated like crazy specially when you have shops that come in like an overnight splash and cut rates and force other shops to match but yet the customer want/demands the job to be done at the highest standards and then they are surprised when they get what they paid for.

I can just see this happening when you have a tech that probably is getting a set amount for a TT kit installation and he doesn't want to waste time trying to get the parts to fit properly or worse yet wait for new parts to be shipped from California and delay him getting paid for that job. These kind of things just get worse the bigger you get.

03 350Z 554RWHP
-
- 90 300ZX TT

post #26 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxxycat View Post
I'm sorry but I personally think it's unfair to be bashing on someone that is not even on this site to defend themselves. Like it was said, there are two sides to every story, and everyone that has been in business for themselves (as I have) knows that there is always room for error, and it's up to the business owners to fix their wrong doings. No one is perfect. I don't know what happened and I don't intend to read that ish but I do think that if there is to be a discussion it needs to be between both parties involved, or lawyers as the case may be. NOT hashed out on a public forum where NEITHER party is involved in the discussion. Lawyers are involved, that should be the end of discussion IMO.
I think it's okay to discuss the issue and reflect on shops and business ethics in general. Like Gus pointed out, he made a perfect example with the general statement about tuner shops.

I equate the discussion to basically standing in the parking lot of FP and talking about it amongst ourselves w/o having the parties involved being part of the discussion. It happens all the time on TV, and apparently the media thinks it's okay. Not that I like the way the media does that, but I'm not going to censor anyone when it's a civil discussion.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #27 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 10:41 AM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to serx93 Send a message via Yahoo to serx93
Quote:
Originally Posted by willy View Post
My car was like one of the very first ones Dave did as "Function Tuned" ... before he even had his shop, it was pretty cool... long drive for me though...
Hahaha.....I remember that. That trip was the reason I joined facebook, so that I could read Willy's boost chronicles!!!!

"I usually downshift when I'm near a Prius so they can hear me hurting the environment"

post #28 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by serx93 View Post
Hahaha.....I remember that. That trip was the reason I joined facebook, so that I could read Willy's boost chronicles!!!!
hahaha, as fun as that was, and it is an adventure I'll never forget... If I could do it again, I would have done it in my own driveway...

post #29 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

I remember when you did the drive and posted about it. That was insane.

post #30 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 10:56 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothz View Post
I remember when you did the drive and posted about it. That was insane.
I remember when he ran a marathon wearing gloves and short shorts. I also remember when he sanded the finish on his Z and then emptied the goddanged thing to lessen the weight. So lets not forget how effing crazy Willy is.

Hai!

IB

"I'm Shiva the God of Death.", Michael Clayton.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement