The fall of Forged Performance - Page 2 - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
hahaha ok, well pretty much,

1) guy buys new G37 and pays Forged 12k$ down payment to order a twin turbo kit and a bunch of other parts

2) guy is wants and is charged for a "stage 2" kit

3) There are some financial "overcharges" along the way... Sharif SEEMS to lie to the guy's face, as the guy had acquired the actual parts order from GTM

4) After the guy's repeated concerns, Sharif assures him several times that the stage 2 kit is in fact on there.

5) after 7 months of bullshit, guy finally gets car back from forged. Car exterior is damaged, there are just TONS of relatively minor problems that are very unprofessional, AND car is overboosting.

6) guy drives car home, it's FUCKED. Sends it to GTM, which writes up a 20k$ bill to fix it.

7) Sharif had actually ordered and installed the stage 1 kit, even though he told the guy it was (and charged him for) the stage 2 kit. ...Sharif says this was an accident... maybe, maybe not, not MY call.

8) Lawsuits are being filed, everything is a BIG BIG mess....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Daily Driver (65k miles): APS Intercooled TT, Built Motor, Arias, Eagle, HKS, UTEC, Deutschworks, Wilwood BBK, MB Weapons, Nito NT 555RII, ACT clutch, Fidanza flywheel, KW Variant 3 coilovers, Hotchkis sways, Cusco control arms, Authentic JDM Spec Nismo V2 body kit, Z Speed, Quiafe, HID, AIT R1 Hood, HKS EVC, HKS Hi Flow, custom 3" TD exhaust, APS 3.5" down pipes, GReddy, Defi, AEM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z1NONLY View Post

I hope this guy gets his stuff fixed.
+1. He has a 40k$ car that is now messed up, he hasn't gotten to drive it, and 55k$ in bills...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Daily Driver (65k miles): APS Intercooled TT, Built Motor, Arias, Eagle, HKS, UTEC, Deutschworks, Wilwood BBK, MB Weapons, Nito NT 555RII, ACT clutch, Fidanza flywheel, KW Variant 3 coilovers, Hotchkis sways, Cusco control arms, Authentic JDM Spec Nismo V2 body kit, Z Speed, Quiafe, HID, AIT R1 Hood, HKS EVC, HKS Hi Flow, custom 3" TD exhaust, APS 3.5" down pipes, GReddy, Defi, AEM
post #13 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 09:00 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jinxxycat Send a message via Yahoo to jinxxycat
There's always some drama over there. I don't read it nor do I get involved. FP has been the center of attention for some time b/c they do a LOT of work on Z's and G's. I'm sure there were mistakes made on BOTH sides. You do enough work on the same thing over and over and there is going to be someone that is not satisfied, that is going to go STRAIGHT to the INtaRweBZ and try to call them out and make a HUGE deal out of it. If they conduct themselves in an adult like fashion most of the time it can be worked out. Just my $.02

post #14 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 10:57 PM
Base Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wow...
its hard to take a side on something like this, for obvious reasons.
i just wonder if doug had actually brought up all his concerns to sharif and if he really was getting "blown off"
??????
post #15 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 11:27 PM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to [cerberus]
I have never been a huge fan of them. Maybe a bit of jealousy, maybe a bit of insider information from a few people I trust. They just seemed to good to be true.
post #16 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 12:19 AM
Super Moderator

If Sharif lied about the Stage 1 or 2 kit and overcharged, shame on him. Also, shame on FP for trying to install a kit that didn't fit and then pass it off onto the customer. Finally, if they've installed thousands of kits then they should be pros and not have this type of issue.

I hope the guy gets A CAR and gets some compensation. Maybe not all, but some compensation is better than nothing.

He'll probably win the lawsuit since all he has to prove is a preponderance of the evidence. I'd ask for a jury trial.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #17 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 12:49 AM
Grand Touring Member

Well, there is this one too:

MY350Z.COM Forums - View Single Post - The Official Shop Rating Thread!!

Same MO. G37 (coupe though), GTM kit, hammering of piping, overall terrible work by Forged. I'm sure that it's tough to get the kit to fit in some tight spaces but hammering the piping is not the answer. Plus, they BLEW HIS MOTOR and made him pay for it! I know that FI motors blow up but they should have the skills to not blow it up on the dyno. They should know what is safe and what isn't on these motors.

I personally think that Sharif was being dishonest when he installed the Stage 1 instead of the Stage 2. It just doesn't make sense any other way. I hope he gets his pants sued off. I am tired of seeing this crap happen. If there was any shop that the Z/G community thought they could trust, it was them. This is unacceptable.

I had an analogous experience with $1500 and a paint/body shop here in SoCal and it was absolutely awful. I can only imagine what this guy is going through. Z!o:

'03 Enthusiast-UpRev-Nismo-VOLK-Stillen-Motordyne-INGS+1-Lightwerkz-Brembo-StopTech-Injen-K&N
275WHP/245WTQ
post #18 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrm350 View Post
If there was any shop that the Z/G community thought they could trust, it was them. This is unacceptable.
That is EXACTLY what it comes down to for me. It's not about who is right or wrong, I'm sure there is a lot of gray area on both sides. It's the breach of trust... I just don't trust anyone to touch my car anymore. Even if I don't know EXACTLY what I'm doing, I care enough to do the research and get it pretty damn close to right. Those guys just didn't care at all.

post #19 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 08:56 AM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to [cerberus]
I don't think I would have a problem trusting these guys. They did one of the first AWD 350z conversions that I know of.

Check out their facility
HOME | FUNCTION:TUNED
post #20 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [cerberus] View Post
I don't think I would have a problem trusting these guys. They did one of the first AWD 350z conversions that I know of.

Check out their facility
HOME | FUNCTION:TUNED
That's a nice site. It's well put together. I also like their facility. Looks sharp and clean.

GRD in Chicago is also a well-known tuner shop. It's a lot closer for me.

GRD - Genesis Racing & Development

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement