User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Tell us how you really feel, Ryan.

I wouldn't mind doing an LED mod for my lights, but I've always been leery of opening the housing. I feel it just wasn't meant to be.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 12:00 PM
Base Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
im sorry but im someone that doesnt take very well to being ripped off or scammed. i almost flew to florida to find a guy that ripped me off on some rims one time. i dont like it nor do i think anyone else should be treated like that and from what i have been reading here and other places is that they are getting worse. i cant believe no one has sued them yet and already put their ass out of business.....

and here is a bit of help for taking the lights apart.

there really isnt a DIY i can post. everything is ssssoooo customizable you pretty much just need to know what you want done and then ask your questions on how to do it. i no longer am trying to keep these secrets because its not my means of living anymore, its just a hobby that i still love to do.

taking the lights apart is by far the easiest part.

1. take off your ballast/igniter, pull that peanut light out(just makes coming apart alot easier), then there are 5 screws around the outer edge of the light.

2. put your light on a cookie sheet(put something on the sheet so your lights arent touching any metal)

3. make sure you dont start a fire by letting anything touch the heating elements in your oven..... it happens.... believe me set your oven at 250* and bake for 15-18 min.

4. take lights out of the oven and start pulling it apart. its a skill that will take practice. the lights are hot. the glue sticks to EVERYTHING. and there are the plastic clips on the sides. start at the bottom inside corner and pull the bottom apart first....... DONT PULL IT TO FAR APART because the top kinda needs to slide out from the top before it will come completely apart.

you will get glue on everything the 1st few times unless you get lucky but it comes off with some good elbow grease.

DONT use silicone to seal them either.... thats a big NO NO. nissan sells the sealant from the dealership but the old rolls of windshield sealant is the same stuff and WAY cheaper.

this is just a quick way to get them apart and when you get used to it you can do it all easy as snot
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Sounds like a winter project for me.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 11:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lol Ryan, I think I emailed you about lights like 2 years ago. Small world.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement