User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Figured i would share the email i sent off to their headquarters.

Quote:
My “Wheels America” Adventure.

Let me preface this lovely little story by saying I have used your services before, and had a decent experience, so I didn’t have hesitations to use Wheels America again.

July 11th, 2009.

I was heading down to Long Island to visit some friends, so I figured why not swing by and drop the wheel off and have it shipped back. I had run something over in my car and it put some rash on the lip of my rim and some spotty haze in the clear coat. On top of that I had a tiny scratch in the paint where something was on my socket as I was mounting the wheel, nothing major. I explain the issues to the gentleman who took the wheels, filled out new paper work with my phone number and address, and dropped of my $800 Volk SF-Winning.

July 17th, 2009.

I call to check the status of my wheel. I am told that since it is a 2 piece wheel, they needed a special tool to take it apart. The tool had arrived today and they were going to begin working on it. I’m actually thrilled by this and state again that it is an expensive wheel and I would rather they take their time and do it right.

July 24th, 2009.

I call to check the status again, I’m told that the final coat of clear is drying and the wheel will be shipped out by the end of the week, and to call on Monday and get the tracking number. “Great!” I think to myself.

July 27th, 2009.

I call for the tracking number, I am told the system is down and someone will have to call me back, I leave my cell number. No one calls back…

July 29th, 2009.

I call for the tracking number, I am told the system is down and someone will have to call me back, I leave my cell number and explain this is the same thing I was told on Monday. No one calls back…

August 3rd, 2009.

I call again for the tracking number. I’m asked, “You still have not received that?” Well I’m not calling just for the fun of it. I’m told the system is down, but this person assures me they will get to the bottom of this and call me back, I leave my cell phone number. To my surprise, someone calls me back! I’m told that they could not get in touch with me because the phone number was not working even though I left my cell phone number several times. I am then told the wheel has been ready for me to pick up for a few days now, but I already paid for you to ship it to me… “It will be sent out to you tomorrow.”

August 10th, 2009.

I call again for the tracking number (big surprise here). I’m told the system is down. Someone will call me back, I leave my cell phone number, no one calls…

August 12th, 2009.

I’m obviously incredibly patient, because right about now is when I started to get angry. I call for the tracking number again, I’m told they will have to call me back, I say, "no we have gone down this road several times." I ask them what the call back number they have on file for me is, they repeat a number that I have not had in 2 years, I ask them what the mailing address they have on file for me, it’s an address that I have not lived at in 2 years. Now I filled out new paper work when I dropped the wheel off, so how is my file not updated? My concern grows that my wheel is now in the hands of another person at an old address. The manager is put on the phone, after they look around for a bit, I am told it was returned to them and it is sitting on their loading dock. We square away this mishap and I am promised I will have it the next day.

August 14th, 2009.

Still no wheel… I call again for the tracking number, I am told that they cannot get into the system to retrieve me the tracking number, but they are looking at the screen and I am promised it will be delivered on Saturday.

August 15th, 2009.

The wheel FINALLY arrives! My car has been sitting in the garage for over a month, my wife and I plan on taking a nice ride. I excitedly open the box, to my dismay I can tell immediately the color is wrong, upon closer inspection the paint is bubbled and runny with tool marks. I turn my eyes to the clear coat and you can tell where it was man handled by whoever mounted and balanced the wheel, the pit marks make almost a complete circle in the polished lip. I run my fingers around the lip to make sure the rash was properly filled in and the clear coat starts peeling off as if it was wrapped in plastic, and the polished areas between the spokes are all scratched up. My blood starts to boil! Who can I take this out on?! They don’t answer the phones on Saturdays!

August 17th, 2009.

I call the back AGAIN and try to as calmly as possible explain the situation. I’m told that the color will not be exact, even though it wasn’t even close. How can this be? According to your website, “Yes, each location has a computerized paint mixing station that allows us to virtually match any color.” The only way we could get it exact was if I had a sample. You already had rh sample and painted it the wrong color! What am I going to do, chip away at my good rims to send a color sample down?? My frustration level was rising, and after some debate I was told a shipping label would be faxed to my location and they would resolve my issues. I was also asked to take some photos of my good wheels and email them off to [email protected].

August 19th, 2009.
To my surprise, I never received the fax for the shipping label. I call back asking what the issue was, they tell me it was faxed off. I give them a new fax number and stay on the line to confirm that it gets received. The wheel gets boxed back up and shipped out the next day, the photos are emailed that night with side by side comparisons.

August 27th, 2009.

I call again to check the status of the wheel. I am told the gentleman taking it out of the oven had his hand slip, and it went into the clear coat, so it had to be done again.

August 30th, 2009.

Another phone call is made. I am told the wheel is done and will be shipped out tomorrow.

September 2nd, 2009.

I call to get the tracking number for the wheel. I am told “they forgot” to ship it. (THEY FORGOT ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!) It will be shipped out tomorrow.

September 4th, 2009.

I call AGAIN for the tracking number, I am told they don’t have one, because its sitting on the loading dock and UPS has yet to come and pick it up to assign it a tracking number. Wait a second? I thought it was supposed to be shipped out yesterday? I will have it by tomorrow, Saturday September 5th, I am promised.

September 8th, 2009.

The wheel does not show up Saturday as promised and Monday was Labor Day so no mail, Tuesday arrives and so does the wheel. I open the box, expecting to be disappointed, and Wheels America doesn’t let me down! I am disappointed. The color is closer, even though they just sprayed over it with black paint and then applied a coat of Mercury Silver, you can hardly make out the etched writing there are so many coats on it now. The paint is still runny and terrible with a bubble in it. The clear coat is no longer peeling off, but the pit marks are still in it. The hex bolts holding the 2 piece together are stripped out and hacked up. The polished area between the painted spokes still has scratches on it. The best part though, is the fact that it doesn’t have a tire mounted on it! It went down with one, and I paid for mounting and balancing services!

Immediately I get on the horn with Arnold. I am so angry at this point I can hardly form complete sentences. I explain the situation and I am told that the pit marks are in the metal and they sprayed multiple coats of clear but could not get rid of them, ISNT THAT WHAT YOU GUYS DO? Not to mention the fact that your company put them there! So Arnold tells me he will get the tire off to me immediately. That means I have to pay someone else to mount and balance it when I already paid you! I angrily hang up the phone. Being so frustrated and disappointed in the results, I order a new rim.

September 15th, 2009.

The tire finally arrives. Eager to drive my car that I only drive in the summer, and has been sitting for 2 months of prime time driving weather, I go out and pay $45 to have the wheel mounted and balanced. Now it is having issues holding air, it seems there is so much build up on the wheel that they are having problems getting the rear bead to seal correctly. Extra bead sealer is applied and I cross my fingers.

One week later, the tire goes flat. Fill it back up, one week later, flat again.

So here I sit, writing this letter out of sheer frustration. You company cost me countless phone calls, time, missed car shows and almost the entire summer for a service that is supposed to take 12 hours. The bill sits at roughly $1050 dollars, $166 for your garbage service, $801 for the replacement wheel, and an extra $45 to have my tire mounted on the piece of trash you call a finished product.

I at least expect a response to this email and my money to be returned for my treatment, but if you really feel highly of the services you provide, put your money where your mouth is and buy a finely refurbished Wheels America rim for $801, I’ll even foot the shipping!

I have pointed countless people in the direction of your business, but I will make it my mission to steer as many customers clear as possible if this is not resolved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 08:46 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Note to self: No Wheels America!

I hope they decide to man up and cover the cost of your new wheel. I would not have asked so politely for them to pay for it and allowed them to do so at their discretion. I would have DEMANDED IT! Anyway, good luck! If they don't cover it, smear their name all over the internet, this kind of crap is not acceptable!

'03 Enthusiast-UpRev-Nismo-VOLK-Stillen-Motordyne-INGS+1-Lightwerkz-Brembo-StopTech-Injen-K&N
275WHP/245WTQ
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Time to declare war. That's unacceptable. Do everything in your power to report these guys or shop and put them out of business. They don't deserve any money.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast Member

(Thread Starter)
Update:

I finally got around to proof reading and emailing this off on Sunday night. I had 2 replies on Monday morning, one from the president of the company.

They are going to refund my cash, take the wheel again and repair it correctly, and make a special trip from Miami to NY to see what exactly is going wrong in that branch (Or so they say). So maybe they are not super horrible, but i would still never use their service again.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

Don't hold your breath until it's all done. I wouldn't be surprised if they make you sign something stating that they'll make things right and you can't sue them after the fact.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast Member

(Thread Starter)
QUOTE (SmoothZ @ Oct 13 2009, 06:00 PM)
Quote:
Don't hold your breath until it's all done. I wouldn't be surprised if they make you sign something stating that they'll make things right and you can't sue them after the fact.
No kidding, after this run, nothing will shock me. I'll let you know what happens. The finance lady has already contacted me though.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast Member

(Thread Starter)
Just an update on this. I arrived home last week to a check for $1000, i damn near fell on the floor. Cashed it immediately, haha. So i guess my rage has been quenched, they covered all of my expenses.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 12:39 PM
Performance Member

Send a message via Yahoo to nerb
Good to hear man!!! Glad that you got compensated after getting the shaft!!! Hopefully, I'll recieve the same gratification from tdcparts.com, as they've screwed me over. Oh well, thats another post. Congrats pal!!!

--If you find yourself mistaken, apologize to yourself for thinking that you are always right.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 01:00 PM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to jinxxycat Send a message via Yahoo to jinxxycat
QUOTE (05ZR @ Oct 26 2009, 10:24 AM)
Quote:
Just an update on this. I arrived home last week to a check for $1000, i damn near fell on the floor. Cashed it immediately, haha. So i guess my rage has been quenched, they covered all of my expenses.
Awesome! Congrats!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 01:51 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congrats! It's good to hear that there are companies out there that will own up to their mistakes without being forced to by a judge!

edit: What happened to the damaged wheel? You said that they were going to refund your money and repair the wheel correctly. Instead, it seems like they just refunded your money and paid for a brand new wheel?

'03 Enthusiast-UpRev-Nismo-VOLK-Stillen-Motordyne-INGS+1-Lightwerkz-Brembo-StopTech-Injen-K&N
275WHP/245WTQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement