LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
Base Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Angry

So last month after my normal 3-4k mile oil change I only got 2.5 qts out of 5 back. Someone mentioned a bad oil consumption problem with 2005 35th any's so I took it to my dealer.

After 1000 miles I checked the oil myself before heading back to the dealer. The dipstick was about 3/4 full on the cross hash marks. This would indicate a 1.25 qt loss.(Yes I checked my oil the same every time, 15-20 minutes of cool down time)

So I drive up to the dealer, sit around while my car is sitting in back cooling off. After about 20 minutes I get up and walk to the service bay to see a mechanic screwing on my oil cap. I asked the service manager what the verdict was and he claims my oil was 1/8 of a qt low. I asked him how that could be when I just checked it at home and it was at the 3/4 mark after sitting for 20 minutes there. His response was something along the lines of that mechanic has been a certified Nissan Mechanic for 25+ years... ect... (apparently he can look at a dipstick better than I can). I then asked him why my oil cap was taken off and he claimed it was to mark it for the next test, to be sure it wouldn't be tampered with. After getting home I poped my hood and there was nothing but a few spilled drops of oil around my oil cap.

So I'm now I'm due to come back in another 1000 miles. The problem here is not only are these guys screwing me and I dont feel like there is much I can do about it, but I'm about 1200 miles shy of my warranty being up. I really dont want to own a 2005 350z with 36,000 miles that burns 1/2 of its oil between changes, not to mention is starting to knock.

Any suggestions? I'm planning on calling up Nissan today and telling them my story.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Base Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
QUOTE (nezoic @ Feb 12 2009, 08:08 AM)
Quote:
So last month after my normal 3-4k mile oil change I only got 2.5 qts out of 5 back. Someone mentioned a bad oil consumption problem with 2005 35th any's so I took it to my dealer.

After 1000 miles I checked the oil myself before heading back to the dealer. The dipstick was about 3/4 full on the cross hash marks. This would indicate a 1.25 qt loss.(Yes I checked my oil the same every time, 15-20 minutes of cool down time)

So I drive up to the dealer, sit around while my car is sitting in back cooling off. After about 20 minutes I get up and walk to the service bay to see a mechanic screwing on my oil cap. I asked the service manager what the verdict was and he claims my oil was 1/8 of a qt low. I asked him how that could be when I just checked it at home and it was at the 3/4 mark after sitting for 20 minutes there. His response was something along the lines of that mechanic has been a certified Nissan Mechanic for 25+ years... ect... (apparently he can look at a dipstick better than I can). I then asked him why my oil cap was taken off and he claimed it was to mark it for the next test, to be sure it wouldn't be tampered with. After getting home I poped my hood and there was nothing but a few spilled drops of oil around my oil cap.

So I'm now I'm due to come back in another 1000 miles. The problem here is not only are these guys screwing me and I dont feel like there is much I can do about it, but I'm about 1200 miles shy of my warranty being up. I really dont want to own a 2005 350z with 36,000 miles that burns 1/2 of its oil between changes, not to mention is starting to knock.

Any suggestions? I'm planning on calling up Nissan today and telling them my story.

So how did you make out with that? How did Nissan respond? I hope you got a new engine and an extended warranty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement