EVO-R.net - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Touring Member
 
zach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 790
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to zach Send a message via MSN to zach
(Thread Starter)
Arrow

well after a month of waiting I finally filed a complaint with Paypal. I ordered $450 worth of items from Jay a month ago. I have had to send him numerous emails asking about my stuff. He would respond a couple of days later with how everything thing was about to come in. Last week he told me that everything would be there on Wed. - well I am still waiting.

Now I am so UNHAPPY to put it nice that I dont even want what I ordered.

I am a pretty understanding person but when you take someones money you should at least update them on WHEN they will be getting there purchase.

Just old fashioned BAD BUSINESS practice.

~Z~
zach is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 10:04 AM
Administrator
 
toykilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 16,332
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to toykilla Send a message via Yahoo to toykilla
this is the first bad thing I have heard regarding EVO-R

AIM: jbass350z

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
toykilla is offline  
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 10:13 AM
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,687
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
well thats why i always try to order my stuff from well trusted vendors...you have to be careful
ayman350z is offline  
 
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 11:10 AM
Grand Touring Member
 
jinxxycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 36,128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jinxxycat Send a message via Yahoo to jinxxycat
I have had not one problem w/ them and have ordered at least 3 products from them on separate occasions. I know they show a lot and if on the road they don't respond till they get back home to the shop....I've only dealt w/ Andy tho...





To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jinxxycat is offline  
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 11:13 AM
Enthusiast Member
 
ZEALOUZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: FORT WALTON BEACH, FLORIDA
Posts: 191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by Zach@Aug 10 2005, 07:59 PM
[b]well after a month of waiting I finally filed a complaint with Paypal. I ordered $450 worth of items from Jay a month ago. I have had to send him numerous emails asking about my stuff. He would respond a couple of days later with how everything thing was about to come in. Last week he told me that everything would be there on Wed. - well I am still waiting.

Now I am so UNHAPPY to put it nice that I dont even want what I ordered.

I am a pretty understanding person but when you take someones money you should at least update them on WHEN they will be getting there purchase.

Just old fashioned BAD BUSINESS practice.

~Z~
[snapback]144367[/snapback]

+1 !!!!! Waiting on the Carbon Fiber Dash kit i ordered! don't want excuses, i just want my product!. if it doesn't come in soon, i will dispute the charge through papypal. the website said it would be delivered in late july. the site has been updated and the dates have been taken off the site. i do get emails back from Jay but there is always a reason why don't have my product. never answers the phone either! i already missed having the product for one show i should have had it for.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ZEALOUZ is offline  
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 12:18 PM
Touring Member
 
hypersprite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: South San Jose
Posts: 620
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This was my experience with Evo-R

I ordered the CF rear strut bar cover from them. It came quickly and was well packed with no visible flaws.
I pealed up the plastic around the strut bar center and applied the cover as shown in the pictures. Put all the plastic back and the thing did not fit properly. It had been cut short on the side facing the passenger compartment.

They said they must have had a production problem and to send it back for a refund. Well 3M tape sticks well and while heating the cover and pulling, it ripped where the Z cutout in the middle is and ended up slightly bubbled on one corner.

I sent it back and was told I could not get a refund because it was damaged. I explained that it would not be damaged if I did not need to remove it and that because it was cut wrong in the first place, it's not like they could resell it anyway. I also added, what I wanted was a cover that fit so if they could supply me with that, I'd be ok with that too. He said he would have to talk to his boss.

The next day I got an email from pay pal for a full refund, I thanked them.

Getting back to my strut bar, it ended up with scratches in it from the passenger side edge scraping the silver paint. This is what prompted me to paint my strut bar cover PPW and I think it looks better than the CF look. So in the end, it all worked out but I took the long way to get there.

I still think they have one of the coolest Nismo replica wings (because it does not have the giant base) but have since decided I would rather go incognito with my Z so as not to attract unwanted attention.

Chris


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hypersprite is offline  
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 05:22 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,955
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by HyperSprite@Aug 11 2005, 10:18 AM
[b]This was my experience with Evo-R

I ordered the CF rear strut bar cover from them. It came quickly and was well packed with no visible flaws.
I pealed up the plastic around the strut bar center and applied the cover as shown in the pictures. Put all the plastic back and the thing did not fit properly. It had been cut short on the side facing the passenger compartment.

They said they must have had a production problem and to send it back for a refund. Well 3M tape sticks well and while heating the cover and pulling, it ripped where the Z cutout in the middle is and ended up slightly bubbled on one corner.

I sent it back and was told I could not get a refund because it was damaged. I explained that it would not be damaged if I did not need to remove it and that because it was cut wrong in the first place, it's not like they could resell it anyway. I also added, what I wanted was a cover that fit so if they could supply me with that, I'd be ok with that too. He said he would have to talk to his boss.

The next day I got an email from pay pal for a full refund, I thanked them.

Getting back to my strut bar, it ended up with scratches in it from the passenger side edge scraping the silver paint. This is what prompted me to paint my strut bar cover PPW and I think it looks better than the CF look. So in the end, it all worked out but I took the long way to get there.

I still think they have one of the coolest Nismo replica wings (because it does not have the giant base) but have since decided I would rather go incognito with my Z so as not to attract unwanted attention.

Chris
[snapback]144576[/snapback]
Thats why you always test fit something first, before peeling the 3m tape back. I have had no problems with them at all..
Daking350Z is offline  
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 05:41 PM
Touring Member
 
hypersprite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: South San Jose
Posts: 620
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by Daking350Z@Aug 11 2005, 01:22 PM
[b]Thats why you always test fit something first, before peeling the 3m tape back. I have had no problems with them at all..
[snapback]144721[/snapback]
Glad you have had good luck, I am not saying it was a bad experience just a little painful. What I should have done is covered my factory painted strut bar with tape so the sharp edge of the CF panel could not scratch it because the moment I slipped it on, the paint was done.

Either way, it did not fit and would have gone back. My issue is not with customer service, it's poor fit, just wanted to give all the details.

Chris


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hypersprite is offline  
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
Touring Member
 
zach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 790
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to zach Send a message via MSN to zach
(Thread Starter)
Well I got an email from Jay yesterday telling me that TODAY I would have a tracking number or a full refund.

I did not get either. I am so disgusted with this whole thing.

~Z~
zach is offline  
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 09:53 AM
Enthusiast Member
 
ZEALOUZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: FORT WALTON BEACH, FLORIDA
Posts: 191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by Zach@Aug 11 2005, 09:05 PM
[b]Well I got an email from Jay yesterday telling me that TODAY I would have a tracking number or a full refund.

I did not get either. I am so disgusted with this whole thing.

~Z~
[snapback]144798[/snapback]

me too!! still waiting, haven't heard anything from evo-r!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ZEALOUZ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome