User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 124 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 02:34 AM
Base Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Orange County.

Tustin Nissan: Had my car shipped from the distribution center same day, exact color, model, options. Everything I asked for I got. Even gave additional "freebies." Excellent service with comps after purchase. Excellent price even after the additional trouble they went through!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 124 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 10:31 PM

Ok, here is a little dillema I am in.I had a set of bad HID healights on my Z, they leaked water and blew out the HID's. I never opened them to paint them or tampered with them in any way,but one of them had some stress cracks in it from someone sitting on it and the other was "cloudy" in the plastic itself.. So I made aquaintances with a parts manager at a local Nissan dealer who wanted to get some work done at my shop and I was going to "take good care of him" in exchange he was to get my headlights warrantied for me. I was going to bring the whole car in, but he just wanted me to bring the headlights.SO today I bring the headlights to him, he takes them,goes around back and hands me a brand new HID headlight and says he will call me when the other side comes in and he says just remember to take care of him on the install on his car.So I leave with the new headlight.. About 20 minutes later he calls me and says he has the other headlight and to come back whenever, so I told him I would be right back.He tells me to "pull around back when I get there". He comes out and gives me the other headlight and I leave..Brand new warrantied headlights..
Or so I thought...
About 2 hours later he calls me and says his service manager will NOT warranty them and I either need to bring back the lights or pay for them..So I say "ok Ill bring them tommorow"
now I been thinking, he seems like a nice guy and I would hade to get him in trouble, but he basically jerked me off, had me take 2 25 minute drives to the dealer. What he basically tried to do was scam his work to get a "deal " on his own stuff for himself. Now he wants me to pay $550 for each headlight..

What would you guys do?? Pay?
Dont pay and never go back or answer his calls?
Bring them back and thats that?
Bring them back but bring them to the owner of the dealer and get him fired basically?
post #23 of 124 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 10:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Ooh, tough call. You know he just wanted to get some work done at the shop and was basically stealing from his employer to benefit himself. I would just take it back to the guy and call it quits with him. I know a lot of stuff is done by bartering parts or services, but if he did this w/o consent from the dealership, then it's a bad deal all the way around.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin

post #24 of 124 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Sep 12 2005, 08:38 PM
[b]Ooh, tough call.* You know he just wanted to get some work done at the shop and was basically stealing from his employer to benefit himself.* I would just take it back to the guy and call it quits with him.* I know a lot of stuff is done by bartering parts or services, but if he did this w/o consent from the dealership, then it's a bad deal all the way around.
[snapback]154644[/snapback]
I know, I really want to plunk the lights down on the owners desk and tell him what happened , but I really dont like screwing people.Im SURE he would be fired instantly..
post #25 of 124 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by Daking350Z+Sep 12 2005, 11:14 PM-->
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-SmoothZ
Quote:
@Sep 12 2005, 08:38 PM
[b]Ooh, tough call. You know he just wanted to get some work done at the shop and was basically stealing from his employer to benefit himself. I would just take it back to the guy and call it quits with him. I know a lot of stuff is done by bartering parts or services, but if he did this w/o consent from the dealership, then it&#39;s a bad deal all the way around.
I know, I really want to plunk the lights down on the owners desk and tell him what happened , but I really dont like screwing people.Im SURE he would be fired instantly..
[snapback]154651[/snapback]
Yeah, come to think about it, probably not worth it to make an enemy no matter how insignificant. Not worth the headache. Maybe returning them incognito might get you a better favor down the line. Sounds like karma, doesn&#39;t it?

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #26 of 124 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SmoothZ+Sep 12 2005, 09:17 PM-->
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by [email protected] 12 2005, 11:14 PM
[b]<!--QuoteBegin-SmoothZ
Quote:
Quote:
@Sep 12 2005, 08:38 PM
[b]Ooh, tough call. You know he just wanted to get some work done at the shop and was basically stealing from his employer to benefit himself. I would just take it back to the guy and call it quits with him. I know a lot of stuff is done by bartering parts or services, but if he did this w/o consent from the dealership, then it&#39;s a bad deal all the way around.
[snapback]154651[/snapback]
Yeah, come to think about it, probably not worth it to make an enemy no matter how insignificant. Not worth the headache. Maybe returning them incognito might get you a better favor down the line. Sounds like karma, doesn&#39;t it?
[snapback]154654[/snapback]
He offered to pick them up, so he knows he fucked up...I feel bad for him, yet pissed off..I really think if he wanted to he could have the Service manager warranty them.If he pushed it..
post #27 of 124 (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 08:34 AM
Rob

Id let him pick them up, its not worth giving your shop a bad name in the process, and if he got fired, then he would be talking bad, and he is more than likely in the local nissan world and could have an impact on your buisness, better to cut your losses IMO.
post #28 of 124 (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 09:26 AM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to buzam
that sux.

I would return them quietly, get my others and go on my way. Silence makes the guy have a guilty conciouse that he will have to live with and eventually he will get caught by someone that does not care if a bridge is burned. You have too much at stake with the shop and clientele in the area that they might refer.

see you thursday for the plenum swap!

Most people will listen to your unreasonable demands, if you'll consider their unacceptable offer.

1993 300ZX NA 2+2 Glacier White 5MT (SCCA registered track car)
2003 Touring PPW 6MT Jezzy II (time to mod)
2003 Touring PPW 6MT Jezzy (RIP)
post #29 of 124 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 01:33 AM

HORRIBLE - Mossey Nissan Kearney Mesa (San Diego, CA) My convertible roof needed to be replaced due to a factory defect, they managed to crack my fiberglass frame behind the rear window in the process of replacing the soft top. I brought it back to have it fixed, they "painted" it, but a blind chimp would have done a better job. I brought it back no less than 8 #$%^ times to have it painted correctly and each time they brought it back and forth to the body shop 25 miles away, 50 round trip and guess who&#39;s gas they were burning? MINE! I even got them to sign a document saying if I was unsatisfied the final try, they would order a new part for me and paint it. Long story short, they wouldn&#39;t honor the signed document and I was told by the service mgr "it&#39;s good enough and I would be happy if this were my car." I was almost speechless, they busted up my car and then told me "it&#39;s good enough!" So finally I just dropped the issue figuring they would NEVER fix it correctly and it was costing me gas. I filed a claim with Nissan USA which basically does nothing! Oh and to boot, the new soft top was not put on right so my passenger side hinge that grabs onto the roof, is constantly getting chewed up due to wrong allignment of the roof. NEVER, EVER, EVER go to this dealership.
post #30 of 124 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 02:13 AM
Performance Member

Duarte, California

Best Dealer Ever, Fast Service, Have All The Right Information(they better) not like those VW Dealers, WhenI Used to get oil changes at the vw dealer for a jetta(for free), i would wait for AT LEAST 2 HOURS!!!!

Visit our website for your aftermarket car parts

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement