Tracked it again last night, very disappointed - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
Base Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
So I went to NYIRP again last night to try and see if I could best my 13.86 @101
This time I had added the Y pipe, and Pullies...

I couldnt get consistent passes.. there were like 130 cars last night and shit box GM cars kept oiling the track.. temps down into the 50s...

I could NOT get my 2.0 60' everything was wheel hop, bog, spin, couldnt hook up for shit..

anyway, I DID improve my MPH to 102.. but couldnt get anything lower than a 14.0 with a 2.2 short time.. so by my calcs, the car HAS 13.6 in it.. Just couldnt get it to manifest itself.

pretty pissed.. the car NEEDS a catback exhaust BAD

M6 w/nav
[K&N][Cooling plate][Grounding Kit][PowerLab 3/8"]
LIVE NOW!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Email me for info
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current Specials:
<span style="font-family:Arial Black">15% off JWT Pop Charger for the 350Z

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Too bad you can&#39;t rent the track and practice with some friends and an instructor or two. I&#39;m surprised that the car didn&#39;t perform better with those mods. Just deleting the cats would help improve the exhaust flow. The stock system is well made except for those pesky cats.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
Base Member

(Thread Starter)
QUOTE (SmoothZ @ Aug 21 2008, 10:56 AM)
Quote:
Too bad you can&#39;t rent the track and practice with some friends and an instructor or two. I&#39;m surprised that the car didn&#39;t perform better with those mods. Just deleting the cats would help improve the exhaust flow. The stock system is well made except for those pesky cats.

yea the stock system is made great.. except when you have a Y pipe with a 3" outlet slamming into a 2.5" catback... lol..
Once I get a catback the car should do much better.. I just need to work on the skills a little better.. my tires are hosed as well... so.. that didnt help either.

M6 w/nav
[K&N][Cooling plate][Grounding Kit][PowerLab 3/8"]
LIVE NOW!
Email me for info

Current Specials:
<span style="font-family:Arial Black">15% off JWT Pop Charger for the 350Z

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Base Member

hey YOGURT! what mods are u running. and did u get ur car tuned. im trying to get my time lower. im running a 14.1 right now. my car is a 03 touring 5AT. trying to improve these times.

2003 Touring Edition/ K&N Intake/ Megan Headers/ Top speed Exhaust/ Blue Led Parking Lights/ Custom 350Z Third Brake Light/ Blue LED Side Marker Lights/ Hyper White License Plate Lights
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 01:13 AM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to i8acobra
What you need is some drag radials. With 275/40-17 BFG&#39;s on 17" Cobra rims aired down to 20psi, I ran a 13.7 @ only 98mph.... no wheel hop.

Edit: Check the garage for my mods. Also, keep in mind, this is in Vegas with over a 5K foot DA.

Aaron B.
&#39;08 Mustang GT/CS
&#39;87 Nissan Hardbody - The "Mud Mobile" (454,000 miles and still counting)

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 12:38 AM
Base Member

i ran 13.8 stock . in a 2004 . i think you need to focus on shifting better . I launch at 2500 spin my ass off but still trap at 103
Sponsored Links
Advertisement