Any estimates on what I should run at the track? - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Base Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I just had my car dynoed at Sound Performance over the weekend and I made 368hp on 7.5psi. I have really crappy Sumitomo 245's in the back because I usually smoke tires by the end of the month. But Im gonna try to make to the track soon and I was wondering if anybody on here has any ideas on what I should be at. Thanks for the input guys!

~Borla True Dual Exhaust~Kinetix TP~Nismo CAI~Motordyne 1/2" spacer~JIC CF Strut Bar~Tanabe Front & Rear Sways~Ground Control Coilovers~Kinetix Camber Arms~Kinetix Radius Arms~Nismo Wing~REAL Top Secret Hood~Powder Coated Black OEM Wheels~5% Tint Front Windows~35% Tint Windshield~Nismo V2 Bumper~Origin Rear Bumper~06 OEM LED Tail lights~20mm front spacers~30mm rear spacers~AP Slotted Rotors Front & Rear~Endless Brake Pads F&R~JWT Clutch~JWT Flywheel~Alpine IVA-W200 Touchscreen HU~Kenwood 1000w Amp~ 2 10" Kenwood Subwoofers~ZEnclosures sub box~Additional Odyssey battery under amp rack~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 02:46 PM
Base Member

Send a message via AIM to rusty350z
my guess would be mid 12's with those tires

stock with k&n drop-ins
rwhp 271 rwtq 238 on a dyno jet at uprev performance
13.28 @ 106 san antonio speed way
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 08:09 PM
Touring Member

If you can launch good you will hit 12.5-12.8 would be my guess. That would be with a nearly empty tank of gas(less weight) and a nice day out/ and since you live by me you might get into the 12's barley with it being hot out. I am going to the track in August/Sept/Oct and stay at the track for a while so the car can cool down and get some runs later at night when it is cool out. Thats when you will see you best times

DAN

STANCE-SPC-GTM-HKS-FAST INTENTIONS-K&N-HPS-UPREV

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 12:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to jetpilot718
I managed 14's flat at 100-ish on my relatively stock NA Z. So figure, you're putting down another 100whp than I and that should give you low 13's. Maybe with good tires, high 12's. Remember, it takes a good 600+whp to see 10's..
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
Base Member

(Thread Starter)
Yea I'm thinking that I definately need to swap out those tires and have a dam good launch to run mid 12's. Im gonna try to go up to Great Lakes Dragaway during one of the upcoming weeks and go on a nice cool day when its not to crowded so I can get alot of practice runs in. Thanks for the comments though!

~Borla True Dual Exhaust~Kinetix TP~Nismo CAI~Motordyne 1/2" spacer~JIC CF Strut Bar~Tanabe Front & Rear Sways~Ground Control Coilovers~Kinetix Camber Arms~Kinetix Radius Arms~Nismo Wing~REAL Top Secret Hood~Powder Coated Black OEM Wheels~5% Tint Front Windows~35% Tint Windshield~Nismo V2 Bumper~Origin Rear Bumper~06 OEM LED Tail lights~20mm front spacers~30mm rear spacers~AP Slotted Rotors Front & Rear~Endless Brake Pads F&R~JWT Clutch~JWT Flywheel~Alpine IVA-W200 Touchscreen HU~Kenwood 1000w Amp~ 2 10" Kenwood Subwoofers~ZEnclosures sub box~Additional Odyssey battery under amp rack~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Enthusiast Member

Send a message via AIM to 350znal Send a message via Yahoo to 350znal
High 11's should be capable. I ran [email protected] on some dr's and [email protected] on some 245/5-/17 Falken Ziex 512's(320 treadwear). I made 395/325 on my dyno pulls.

04 Enthusiast 6spd. Stock clutch, AAM plenum spacer, Z1 Resonated test pipes, Custom 2.5 inch exhaust(y pipe style), black ceramic coated headers, lightweight crank pulley, Aem uego. [email protected] n/a(before headers, crank pulley and full exhaust... gone but not forgotten [email protected] s/ced.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement