LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 04:59 AM
Performance Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to chrisaray
Quote:
Wow that looks like it has some fairly good gains after a few mild boltons. That might be the iceing on the cake when all said and done ha. How was it loading it up yourself?? Did you run into any problems? Also i wonder if it would work with a 75 shot hmmmm.
the upload was a breeze. they will supply you with a cable that connects your lapto to the car. it's easy to do. takes about three minutes.

when you order it, you will fill out a form telling them what mods you have, and they will send the apropriate tune. the best part is, when you do more mods inthe future, they update your tune for free!

06 Touring 5AT
-UpRev Osirus - 3.9 Gears - Nismo Cams - Nismo Headers - B-Line test pipes - AAM Y-Pipe - Nismo Exhaust - Motordyne 5/16" spacer
- JWT Pop Charger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 05:01 AM Thread Starter
Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
WOW that sounds like it is a good deal. Did you feel any real gains when you uploaded yours? aka the butt dyno?

STANCE-SPC-GTM-HKS-FAST INTENTIONS-K&N-HPS-UPREV
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 05:04 AM
Performance Member

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisaray
butt dyno showed great results from about 4000RPM up.

06 Touring 5AT
-UpRev Osirus - 3.9 Gears - Nismo Cams - Nismo Headers - B-Line test pipes - AAM Y-Pipe - Nismo Exhaust - Motordyne 5/16" spacer
- JWT Pop Charger

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 05:11 AM Thread Starter
Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
HMMM interesting I think that is going to be a good investment for me. I just need to follow up with the other mods first then the tune. Then the Track

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 11:00 AM
Base Member

Yeah i ran last weekend. My first time on the track. I have short ram intake. short tube headers. and a 3inch catback with 4inch tips. I ran a 14.44 at 97mph. i had tha worst launch ever because i didnt burn out and my tires were still wet. but i made up in the top end. i think with a good lauch i can get a 13.9. i've beat 14.0 cars by many cars on athe street. and i know the track is different. so i cant want to do it again. any tips or mods i should do. its a 03 touring 5AT. post back or pm me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Touring Edition/ K&N Intake/ Megan Headers/ Top speed Exhaust/ Blue Led Parking Lights/ Custom 350Z Third Brake Light/ Blue LED Side Marker Lights/ Hyper White License Plate Lights
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
Well the list on my sig. would be a start intake, plenum spacer, headers, test pipes, and exhaust then get a tune and you will see a gain over your base hp by about 20whp. The Z doesnt take well to bolt ons but its a start if thats what you are looking for. Then I would looking into either wheels and tires or suspension, Also some 3.5 gears would help if you are wanting quick 1/4 mile times.

DAN

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
Plenum Spacer and Test Pipes are going to be your best "Bang For your $" You will see a 10hp gain with the spacer on average.

post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 07:54 PM
Base Member

OK i went back to atco. This time it wasnt raining. On a pretty good launch i ran a 14.134 at 98.98 Mph. how can i improve this. does the burn ou tmake that big of a differnce. I was thinkin about gettin the kentix V1 plenum. That was my next mod that i planned

2003 Touring Edition/ K&N Intake/ Megan Headers/ Top speed Exhaust/ Blue Led Parking Lights/ Custom 350Z Third Brake Light/ Blue LED Side Marker Lights/ Hyper White License Plate Lights
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
Yes the burnout does make a differance, If your tires are heated up they will grip better, which will give you a better launch. As far as the Kinetix Plenum dont buy it, due to the fact that it is made from plastic it has a tendancy to warp and break under heat and pressure. Just go with a Plenum Spacer or a aluminum upper plenum like APS or Cosworth

DAN

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 12:41 PM
Base Member

thanks for the info on the plenum. i did a much better burnout. and i ran a 14.0 at like 98 i think it was. i really wanna break into the 13s. but i was the fastest Z there that night. they where running 14.6 and higher. sum had more woerk done. and where newer than mine. so i was happy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement